Another Newbie

Guest Mrs Dizzy Rascal

Guest Mrs Dizzy Rascal

Hi I'm new to poms in Adelaide but have plucked up too write my first thread, we have our visa but our house is still on the market we come from a small town in Devon called Bovey Tracey. We visited Oz in May and loved it the only problem we faced was the footy my two eldest children hated it my boy plays for u13s Torquay Utd and my girl plays forU12s Plymouth Argle they seemed to be very disorganised they only trained with Cumberland so if anyone could recommend any other better clubs we would be grateful. We liked the Blackwood area but is quite pricey and one of the worst areas for snakes so we've been told which is scarey. I'm a supervisor of a pre-school and my husband is a ground worker,fingers crossed we'll sell our house soon and be out in oz early next year, I guess theres loads of people in the same boat as us. Any advice of help would be much appreciated.

Sarah, Nick, Harry, Mariah and Shea Aplin:notworthy:

Guest ReadyPenny

Hi

My husband has a job in Blackwood and we are hoping to move out there in March. Went on our reccie in August and stayed in and around Blackwood for 2 weeks, not one sniff of a snake. I suppose whoever told you this may have meant that the hills in general get more snakes that the plains.

We are hoping to live in the area, Eden Hills, Belle Vue Heights etc

Let me know where you decide, would be interesting to chat to people going to the same place!

Mandy

Guest familygood

Hello!

Yes do join us if you want. We are in Teignmouth but my husband works in Heathfield. You are lucky to already have the visa.. we have a long way to go yet!!

Emma

Guest Mrs Dizzy Rascal

Thats sounds great, we visited Blackwood primary and secondary school for kids they seemed fantastic and alot of poms their too the secondary school specializes in netball, but if your kids are sporty its seems a great school, we should hopefully be their as soon as our house sells, its just

a waiting game now.

Nick 37

Sarah36

Harry12

Mariah11

Shea5

Guest Tiddlypush

Hi we are also from Bovey Tracey and are at the beginning of the visa process. We are going out at Easter for a recci to fit in with school hols as our youngest is at South Dartmoor. Co incidently we are also looking at Blackwood school as friends' children who have just moved there go to that school.

Karen

Alan

Lizzy

Guest dale_jo@

Hi,

Good luck with your sale and your new life in OZ and as for areas Blackwood is a very nice part of South Australia you will love it.

Best of Luck

:arghh:

Dale & Jo

Try Adelaide City for both your daughter and your son - they have both boys' and girls' teams and are one of the best clubs in the City. Bear in mind though that trials for most of the clubs are usually in October, so you may find, depending on when you are coming out here, that you have missed the start of the season (usually games March to September, pre-season training from February).

The girls have teams for U11s, U13s, U15s, U17s then the serious ones! The boys I think have an age level for every year. Pretty strict, and not cheap, but if they're serious about playing and want somewhere that will stretch them, worth a try.

Because of the clubs' size and reputation, it attracts players from all areas around the City too, so your kids won't be the odd ones out coming from Blackwood area (or wherever you end up living)

Here are some websites:

http://www.acfcjuniors.com.au/ for the boys

and

http://www.acwfc.com/ for the girls

Wow! Are the whole of South Devon moving to Aus!!??

Was wondering that myself :biglaugh:

I'm from East Devon and what with Cornish Busdriver coming from Cornwall looks like Devon and Cornwall will be empty! :shocked:

Guest Jo&Phil

Good luck with the move.

Proper football - ie: soccer is gaining in popularity with lots of youth teams so don't let the AFL fever put you off

I live 5kms from Blackwood AND have been here for 5+ years and I promise I've NEVER EVER seen a snake ....... so don't over worry on that issue either

Blackwood is a great area for relocation -- close to city and beaches and still has village feel to it .......... as to neighbouring suburbs of Coromondal Valley, Hawthorndene, Flagstaff Hill

Good luck on the journey

Jo

Guest Mrs Dizzy Rascal

Hi my children also go to South Dartmoor School and our friends are in Blackwood school there loving out there, they seem too be into bmxing its supposed too be a huge sport in oz, they seem to like Mondays as school finishes at 2.15 then they hit the beach, doesn't sound to bad.

Sarah, Nick,Harry,Mariah and Shea Aplin

Visa granted March 08

Waiting for house too sell

Guest pennersfamily
Wow! Are the whole of South Devon moving to Aus!!??

Was wondering that myself :biglaugh:

I'm from East Devon and what with Cornish Busdriver coming from Cornwall looks like Devon and Cornwall will be empty! :shocked:

It really does sound that way.:) We are from Plymouth and we make the move on the 24th!!!;)

[quote=pennersfamily;58149

It really does sound that way. We are from Plymouth and we make the move on the 24th!!!;)

Good luck for the start of your new adventure on 24th :jiggy:

Used to live in Plympton and Woolwell years ago. At the time it seemed miles from my home in Exmouth :biglaugh: even though used to go there a lot for shopping before moving there - went back to Plymouth to see the dentist when I went back to the UK this year as he is the best - OMG it's changed so much with the new shopping centre :shocked:

Hi there. I am just wandering if you were a teaching assistant/helper in the primary school in Bovey? If so, I knew you in year 5, in class 8V. In 2004/05 Lizzie Frost, Haha. When my Mum showed me this thread, I got so exited that I knew of someone on this...

Please get back to me on : knew-news@hotmail.com or simply on this! :) Many Thanks. Lizzie.

Guest Mrs Dizzy Rascal

Hi Lizzie yes I was I do remember you, are your friends the Grants that have just moved over there, we keep in contact with them and they really like it out there. How far are you at the moment with the visa process.

Sarah,Nick,Harry,Mariah ad Sheaxx