Loadsa Koalas...!!!

Guest graandjac

Guest graandjac

:)For the new arrivals or anyone who has yet to see a wild koala, we visited some friends at the Brown Hill Creek Campsite today in Mitcham just east of the city today, drive towards the campsite, when you get to the camp site park up and follow the road on foot then onto a trail running alongside the road. You dont need to go far we walked for 30 mins to see 8 separate koalas, so if its the qute furry fellas your after it a good place to head.

I'm waiting on our neighbourhood Koala (here in Hallett Cove) to turn up. She does a yearly cycle of all the trees and ends up in front of our house around December time.

She's been spotted with a little un on her back in Marino a couple of weeks ago.

Ahhhhhhhhhh blesss!!!!!

J x

I have 3 dreams where animals are concerned. 1 is to hold a koala, 2 I want to see a tree kangaroo, they are gorgeous and 3 to go to New Zealand one day to Zion Lion park. At least when I get to OZ it will be a step closer.

:)For the new arrivals or anyone who has yet to see a wild koala, we visited some friends at the Brown Hill Creek Campsite today in Mitcham just east of the city today, drive towards the campsite, when you get to the camp site park up and follow the road on foot then onto a trail running alongside the road. You dont need to go far we walked for 30 mins to see 8 separate koalas, so if its the qute furry fellas your after it a good place to head.

New arrivals do we qualify on that we have been here 7 months nearly and we still aint seen no wild Koalas:mad:

Thanks for the tip. The only one we've seen in our 1st year here was sitting in the middle of a main road opposite Marden Sports Centre at night. I had to swerve to avoid it. We stopped to check it was ok and it wandered off and climed up the nearest tree. We saw a wild kangaroo up close while out walking in Greenwith near the motocross track. Biggest one we've seen anywhere.

Guest panther

Dad Koala was in the big gum tree at the entrance to the Marino railway station carpark on Sunday morning and according to a couple of long term residents he lives in the Gum trees along the railway line. Mum and her baby were happy eating gum leaves in Marino a week ago so there are a family of them living in the area.

Word of warning dont try and touch them as they can get very aggresive.:notworthy:

Guest Jo&Phil

For those who are interested in seeing (and hearing!) koalas in their natural element I invite you all to come and stand outside my bedroom window and listen to KENNY try and tempt KYLIE that he really is George Clooney of Flagstaff Hill Koalas and then hear KEVIN dispute this advice and say that his Brad Pitt looks and stamina (ie: all those kids) isn't to be overlooked!

Seriously........... they are noisy little darlings but I'm still pom enough to find the furry neighbours having s** endearing.

I'm reliably informed that by Xmas they've had enough and are on the advil and watching the telly like the rest of us!

:)