we bought a house!!

ozzieclare2be

Well we took plunge and put offer on house today and it was accepted!! It a lovely 3 bed in seaford rise and outside is a playpark, its not perfect but will be and we got it for $285,000 5k under bottom of the range!! :)Just need to sort the rental out now really hoping someone wants a house 2 weeks before xmas!!

Can anyone recommend a removal company, turnaround will be 4 weeks :shocked:cant beleive how fast it is but vendors want to move to retirement village before xmas!! This is the last time i will move having moved 4 times this year already ;)

Guest Alipally

Congratulations!!!

:notworthy::wubclub:

ITS bought our container down from the dock and they do local removals, but I imagine that they'd be expensive..... If you want to try the number is 8354 5700. The guys were friendly and efficient.

Good luck with your new home!

Ali and Jon

We used Delco Removals based in Lonsdale to move from Aldinga to HC. They charge by the hour without a minimum during the week - 3hr min charge at weekend.

We had no probs with them.

Good luck with the move.

Julie

Guest lee and joanne

Really pleased for you Clare, glad to hear you have finally settled over here. Been a while since we last spoke. We are still in South Brighton. WE Have started the search for a house. Renting sucks doesnt it. Cant do this any more. Need to settle. Glad we waited though as the house prices are starting to come down slightly, thank god. Went as far as Noarlunga the other week, I agree it is a very nice area and Sammy loved the beach. Finding it difficult to decide wheres best, as we want Jack to stay at Brighton Secondary School. Looked at a property last night with a pool, really liked this one. First one we have viewed where we don't actually have to change anything. Brand new kitchen /bathroom:D.Financial Advisor is coming around tonight to have a chat with us. Wish you all the best and a stress free move to your final destination.

Keep in touch

Jo, Lee and the boys xx

aww thanks for the replies we have come a long way since wanting to go home 3 months ago lol. I cant wait to be in my own home so i can not have to worry about inspections or if alex decides to pencil on the walls lol. After almost 5 months i think its the right move for us as a family so we can get some normality and stop feeling like nomads :biglaugh:. I definetly think the whole home buying thing is tons easier here and much more protection for both parties will let u know when the house warming is ;)

Well we took plunge and put offer on house today and it was accepted!! It a lovely 3 bed in seaford rise and outside is a playpark, its not perfect but will be and we got it for $285,000 5k under bottom of the range!! :)Just need to sort the rental out now really hoping someone wants a house 2 weeks before xmas!!

Can anyone recommend a removal company, turnaround will be 4 weeks :shocked:cant beleive how fast it is but vendors want to move to retirement village before xmas!! This is the last time i will move having moved 4 times this year already ;)[/quot

Congratulations on buying your first house! When does your lease expire? I might know someone who'd need a rental for about 8 weeks around then.

Can anyone recommend a removal company, turnaround will be 4 weeks :shocked:cant beleive how fast it is but vendors want to move to retirement village before xmas!! This is the last time i will move having moved 4 times this year already ;)[/quot

Congratulations on buying your first house! When does your lease expire? I might know someone who'd need a rental for about 8 weeks around then.

lease doesnt expire til july next year, it will be advertised through southgate real estate from tomorrow x

Hi Just thought I would clarify the position on the Grants, Bonuses etc.

Until the End of June it is $14k for an established property and $21k for a new home/build. There is an extra $4k First Home Owners Bonus grant for property under $400k and this gradually reduces up to $450k.

So $25k if it is a new build under $400k value and $18k if it is established.

Pretty good.

Andy