crime lpool/crime adelaide

pablo

hello all, in view of the recent thread over the killing in adelaide of the sudanese kid ( dont want to discuss that though), and the worry it seemed to cause some people, i just wanted to say that last year in my city there was 42 "reported" woundings from shootings alone, that is without actual deaths being taken into account, and the hundreds of knife crimes. monday of this week there was a drive by shooting on a house,today an armed carjacking,and all the usual "lesser" crimes, i.e just a normal week in my city( despite scousemouse seemingly being not aware of these things)and probably most cities/large towns in england, so i think people should maybe put things into perspective, and whilst we all know oz isnt without its crime , i for one am looking forward to moving to adelaide and what "must" be a safer existence. just a thought....

Guest sarahsmartiepants

lets not forget the guy found outside a shop in mile end, last seen alive in a city night club. They investigated a pool of blood thought to be his and turned out it wasnt, so whos was that!!!

And the young girl caught on camera being led away from a nightclub, caught on cctv several times, then raped in the uni grounds.

I think it could be a safer existance...for now, for the future who knows???

lets not forget the guy found outside a shop in mile end, last seen alive in a city night club. They investigated a pool of blood thought to be his and turned out it wasnt, so whos was that!!!

And the young girl caught on camera being led away from a nightclub, caught on cctv several times, then raped in the uni grounds.

I think it could be a safer existance...for now, for the future who knows???

yeah i know, but like i say....is it safer than here? i would say yes from what i see, nowheres perfect as we all know, but there seems more work in oz,and for me the most important thing......LIFES SLOWER! that will do me

hello all, in view of the recent thread over the killing in adelaide of the sudanese kid ( dont want to discuss that though), and the worry it seemed to cause some people, i just wanted to say that last year in my city there was 42 "reported" woundings from shootings alone, that is without actual deaths being taken into account, and the hundreds of knife crimes. monday of this week there was a drive by shooting on a house,today an armed carjacking,and all the usual "lesser" crimes, i.e just a normal week in my city( despite scousemouse seemingly being not aware of these things)and probably most cities/large towns in england, so i think people should maybe put things into perspective, and whilst we all know oz isnt without its crime , i for one am looking forward to moving to adelaide and what "must" be a safer existence. just a thought....

I agree - I feel much safer in adelaide than I ever did in Nottingham.

Guest sarahsmartiepants

I feel safer here, I dont think I necessarily am, I just feel it , maybe because the news doesnt report in the same way as the UK.

Ie there has been a massive storm in Brissy and I havent heard much on the news here about it, only really heard about it on the weather channel. I have the radio on all day!!

sarah

Guest Kazzarazza

I saw the Brisbane storm on the news - but the difference here is they just report it as it is then it's done with, and not go on and on about the same stuff for days. The way news should be. But considering Adelaide to Brisbane is the same distance as Manchester to Moscow, it's not really going to affect us here anyway. As for Adelaide being, or feeling, safer than Liverpool, Pablo, having been here 18 years, I still feel safer here than I did in Liverpool or Manchester in 1990 - and I'm sure things have got a lot worse there since then.

I saw the Brisbane storm on the news - but the difference here is they just report it as it is then it's done with, and not go on and on about the same stuff for days. The way news should be. But considering Adelaide to Brisbane is the same distance as Manchester to Moscow, it's not really going to affect us here anyway. As for Adelaide being, or feeling, safer than Liverpool, Pablo, having been here 18 years, I still feel safer here than I did in Liverpool or Manchester in 1990 - and I'm sure things have got a lot worse there since then.

cheers mate, thats all im hoping for, even if its..."just a little bit" safer, dont get me wrong, i was born and brought up on one of the worst estates in huyton, so im not soft, but i just want a more polite and quieter place to live. thx

but i just want a more polite and quieter place to live. thx

Well you'll certainly get that here!!

It used to get me so stressed out and upset when listening to the news back in the UK. I would have to switch it off but then I'd walk into the newsagents or turn on the radio and it was all doom and gloom again.

Here in Adelaide (and I think Sarah has a point) we are rather cocooned from international and national news. Yes if we have foxtel we can watch Sky news but day to day stuff, you just don't here it.

My stress levels are down but on the other hand my touch on reality and whats going on outside of adelaide I have little knowledge of.

If you like to go around in your own little world, then welcome to Adelaide.

I do and it suits me fine!!;)

But seriously, should we be blissfully ignorant of whats going on in the world? Has the media bombardment in the UK overwhelmed us so much, when we come here its a blessing to remain cocooned? Maybe this is why young people here flee to see what the world is about and thirty somethings emigrate here because we know exactly what the world is about??

Judi x

Well you'll certainly get that here!!

It used to get me so stressed out and upset when listening to the news back in the UK. I would have to switch it off but then I'd walk into the newsagents or turn on the radio and it was all doom and gloom again.

Here in Adelaide (and I think Sarah has a point) we are rather cocooned from international and national news. Yes if we have foxtel we can watch Sky news but day to day stuff, you just don't here it.

My stress levels are down but on the other hand my touch on reality and whats going on outside of adelaide I have little knowledge of.

If you like to go around in your own little world, then welcome to Adelaide.

I do and it suits me fine!!;)

But seriously, should we be blissfully ignorant of whats going on in the world? Has the media bombardment in the UK overwhelmed us so much, when we come here its a blessing to remain cocooned? Maybe this is why young people here flee to see what the world is about and thirty somethings emigrate here because we know exactly what the world is about??

Judi x

thx judi, yes i can live in my own little bubble, no problem! see you all soon