A Phone Call I liked :-)

Guest Django

I was just getting ready to pick the brats er sorry kids up from school when the phone rang. "Hello" said the voice, "Will it be okay to deliver your container to you at 8.30 in the morning?" "YES". Didn't even know it had cleared customs, etc.

So the guitar, golf clubs and PC will be with me in the morning. Tracey has wrangled the day off of work tomorrow at short notice to help. So tee off time 09.00 followed by a jam late afternoon anyone? I'm sure Tracey won't mind.:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Pete

Guest Martin and Val
I was just getting ready to pick the brats er sorry kids up from school when the phone rang. "Hello" said the voice, "Will it be okay to deliver your container to you at 8.30 in the morning?"

Pete

That's great news Pete, Am I correct in saying it left you early September? If so that's just over 11 weeks or very nearly 12 if I'm not mistaken. Is this on schedule?

Ours sailed 23 rd Oct and is supposed to be in Adelaide on the 13 th Dec but looking at yours we may be looking 2nd week of Jan!!!!!!!!

God We Hope Not...........

Guest redfoxy
That's great news Pete, Am I correct in saying it left you early September? If so that's just over 11 weeks or very nearly 12 if I'm not mistaken. Is this on schedule?

Ours sailed 23 rd Oct and is supposed to be in Adelaide on the 13 th Dec but looking at yours we may be looking 2nd week of Jan!!!!!!!!

God We Hope Not...........

Ours left 26th Sept due to arrive 13th November. After being off loaded at Melbourbe last week and railed to adelaide it arrived yesterday and will clear quarentten Friday, so ours in promised early next week.

Guest kerryngamba

Hello there,

interested in finding out more about shipping costs etc.

I see they can take twelve weeks,is that your decision or does the price reflect this? any help much appreciated cheers.

Hello there,

interested in finding out more about shipping costs etc.

I see they can take twelve weeks,is that your decision or does the price reflect this? any help much appreciated cheers.

I'm a bit hazy as it's been a while now, but the price depends on the size of your container and whether you have one to yourself or a shared container. The amount of time your stuff takes to get here depends entirely on how often the container ship sails. Most shipping companies won't send a ship out until they've got a full load (I THINK) but 12-14 weeks seems to be about average. Ours left Friday 13th July and was delivered to our new house Friday 14th September so we were pretty lucky!

Typical man think about your clubs an instruments!! What about the kids stuff they want put back together!:realmad::biglaugh:

Isn't that why Tracey has got the day off of work?:confused:

Our container instead of coming to Adelaide as planned went to Sydney where it waited for a boat to Melbourne where it got reloaded on a boat bound for Adelaide. Mine and other people's theory is that because of the financial climate at present, less people are coming out. Therefore boats are loaded for 'Australia' rather than 'Adelaide', Sydney, Perth, etc.

Pete

Guest Martin and Val

Ours went from Felixtowe to Singapore where it has changed ships and then off to Melbourne where it will then be railroaded to Adelaide all as planned. We were told that the larger ships cant come into Adelaide due to the redevelopment work going on.

When ours went to Sydney, the company here didn't know anything about it as it was not supposed to go there. We were told it would take 7-8 weeks which it would of had it not had a tour of sydney first!!! Our stuff is now here and we are trying to unpack although Joe and NIamh have not been too helpful!!! I must say though that as much as I am pleased to have my stuff I did quite like having no clutter around. It sort of feels final now, we are not on holiday, we do live here, omg!!! I know that may seem a strange thing to say as we have been here 2 months, kids at school, me at work etc but this is the last thing to get of our journey and everything feels so final. I love it here as do Pete and the kids but I think it is only just sinking in what we have done.

When ours went to Sydney, the company here didn't know anything about it as it was not supposed to go there. We were told it would take 7-8 weeks which it would of had it not had a tour of sydney first!!! Our stuff is now here and we are trying to unpack although Joe and NIamh have not been too helpful!!! I must say though that as much as I am pleased to have my stuff I did quite like having no clutter around. It sort of feels final now, we are not on holiday, we do live here, omg!!! I know that may seem a strange thing to say as we have been here 2 months, kids at school, me at work etc but this is the last thing to get of our journey and everything feels so final. I love it here as do Pete and the kids but I think it is only just sinking in what we have done.

Glad you got your stuff guys, feels real now dont it!

Anyway, more importantly did Petes golf clubs get there in one piece?;):biglaugh: Do hope so then the gallahs can get up and running!

Glad you got your stuff guys, feels real now dont it!

Anyway, more importantly did Petes golf clubs get there in one piece?;):biglaugh: Do hope so then the gallahs can get up and running!

Yes they did, even the blokes who delivered the stuff tried to convince me to let Pete go golfing this afternoon! Unfortunately for Pete, I have found the wheels for the golf trolley and know which box they are in so he has a trolley which is of no use to him! :cute:being the kind loving partner that I am, I closed the box again and put a few others on top!:biglaugh: I'm sure he will find them soon!!!

Guest Alipally
I was just getting ready to pick the brats er sorry kids up from school when the phone rang. "Hello" said the voice, "Will it be okay to deliver your container to you at 8.30 in the morning?" "YES". Didn't even know it had cleared customs, etc.

So the guitar, golf clubs and PC will be with me in the morning. Tracey has wrangled the day off of work tomorrow at short notice to help. So tee off time 09.00 followed by a jam late afternoon anyone? I'm sure Tracey won't mind.:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Pete

I always wanted to see a man's Nuts on a plate!!!;)