The bubble has burst

Guest ems

What can i say. I took Alicia to her dads tonight and ask her on the way if she would like to tell him that we have booked the flights or if she wanted me to, wish i had just kept my mouth shut now:arghh:. She asked if he would be upset and i stupidly said he might be a bit as he will miss her but he will be happy for her aswell. That was it, she said she didn't want anyone to tell him as she didn't him to be upset and then started crying:(. I new it would happen at some point but she's been so happy since i told her i had booked the flights and accommodation.

I'm dreading the goodbye's with the 2 of them even more now. It wouldn't be so bad but i can't even say that he will visit because i know he won't.

Don't get me wrong i still know i've made the wright decision and i'm determined to give her a better life in Adelaide. Just need to get there and get on with things.

I'll stop rambeling now and get on with my vodka and coke, just a shame i can't have many more as got 2 14 hour shifts over the weekend.

Poor Alicia, no child likes to think they've upset a parent. She must have all sorts of conflicting thoughts running round her head. It will be awful for her to say goodbye to her dad, but like you said, you know you're taking her to a better life and I'm sure that she will thank you for it sooner rather than later. Chin up duck!

Guest rockpool crab
Poor Alicia, no child likes to think they've upset a parent. She must have all sorts of conflicting thoughts running round her head. It will be awful for her to say goodbye to her dad, but like you said, you know you're taking her to a better life and I'm sure that she will thank you for it sooner rather than later. Chin up duck!

Hear hear. It'll be worth it in the end...and she will thank you for it later on..tiz so true. These moments are short lived (although still difficult) compared to the years of happiness you will have....;)

Thanks guys. You like to think your doing your best but when they get upset along the way you tend to doubt yourself. I 'm sure once we get there she will be happy, but i do know as well there will be lots of ups and downs.

It's very hard to get a 7YO to talk about things and this was the first time she had got upset.

I'm sure once we are there she will love it.

Guest graandjac

:(There is no preperation big enough for the goodbyes....it sucks and you cant get away from it, and what we realised is that you are putting it off with lots of people untill the end and then all of a sudden your there rushing around to see everyone.......big deep breath and just get through it....Adelaide awaits, good luck

Guest guest569
:(There is no preperation big enough for the goodbyes....it sucks and you cant get away from it, and what we realised is that you are putting it off with lots of people untill the end and then all of a sudden your there rushing around to see everyone.......big deep breath and just get through it....Adelaide awaits, good luck

I don't think it ever gets any better either !!! Ive been here over 3 years now and still well'd up reading this post. Leaving is not a nice time for anyone and i'm sure what ever has happened in the past you will still feel sorry for Alicia and her dad as they say goodbye.:sad:

Good luck.

Guest happy feet

Hi Emma,

Only just saw post,sorry things not going well at the mo, just tell Alicia she has new friend to meet at apartments 14th feb, it will be good for both of them to have some one to play with and talk too whilst things settle down and we get them into school.

Good luck lovey, dreading the day myself. My 2 seem abit better since flights booked, but think they are looking at it as a holiday at the mo

Take care

Cara

Guest Jen & Did

Hi Ems,

Seen your post whilst on nights but couldn't reply till now. Sorry to hear Alicia is upset at the moment but you knew this was gonna happen sometime but hoped it wouldn't. She will eventually be ok with it all and know you are doing this for her interests even if she doesn't see it now. Take one thing from this that it is now and not after the new year when you are so close to going. By the way congrats on booking your flights and accommodation. Sooooo jealous.

Jen x

Hi Ems,

Seen your post whilst on nights but couldn't reply till now. Sorry to hear Alicia is upset at the moment but you knew this was gonna happen sometime but hoped it wouldn't. She will eventually be ok with it all and know you are doing this for her interests even if she doesn't see it now. Take one thing from this that it is now and not after the new year when you are so close to going. By the way congrats on booking your flights and accommodation. Sooooo jealous.

Jen x

Thanks Jen.

Havent seen Alicia today but spoke to her this afternoon and she didn't mention a thing. I think she will still be excited but maybe just a bit unsure of things on the weekend she goes to her dads. To be expected though bless her.

Hows things going your end? You must have your reg by now? I just can't believe how quickly time is going at the mo. Before you know it you will have your visas and be getting your flights booked. Take care.xx

Guest Jen & Did

Hi Ems,

Finally got my registration on tuesday :) of this week. Now applied to the ANMC on thursday. Hopefully we will be able to apply for the visa in January.

It feels like were starting to get somewhere now as we have been in limbo for so long.

Jen x.