Swimming lessons?

Scozzie

Hi,

Could anyone recommend anywhere that I could take the kids on swimming lessons. They are 8yrs and 6yrs. They can swim (but not very well lol), and they loved previous lessons they had overseas. I was thinking bout the surf life saving clubs but do they do swimming lessons or would I have to take them somewhere else. Im trying to get them involved in as much groups as I can and also looking into scouts, etc. We are living in Hallett Cove but dont mind travelling if anyone can recommend anywhere.

Cheers, Gillx

Hi Gill, we take ours to State Swim in Seaford Rise and they're both doing really well. Lessons are $15.50 for half hour lesson, no more than 4 kids per teacher. I can thoroughly recommend them but it is a bit of a pain driving there every Sunday morning. I'm fairly sure there is a swim school in Hallett Cove but not sure what it's called. Donna T might know. Good luck!

Hi there,

Cheers for that, is there a pool for them to play about afterwards? Just cos I had them in lessons before and they loved it but just felt the lesson was too short cos they wanted to play around for longer (typical boys lol). Anyway will look into it, they just love going down the beach after school but im so nervous and really want them to be better swimmers than me (which wouldnt be hard).

Gillx

State swim is good cos they make sure the kids master each little bit before moving on. Plus they can go all year. What some people do is have their kids in state swimin winter and switch to an outdoor pool in summer which has lessons, because the kids can play in the pool after lessons. Marion Pool is great, lots of lawn so you could take a picnic tea. There is a scout group down your way , several. There is also little athletics.

Guest graandjac

:)HI , ours go to swim lessons at Noarlunga center, every week after school, but they also go for an hour for lane swimming as part of the surf life saving(optional). Swimming aside i cannot reccomend surf life saving enough it has given the kids so much confidence in the sea , today Holly did her first sea swim of about 100 m in rough seas unaded so iam a very happy (proud) dad.

Hi,

Could anyone recommend anywhere that I could take the kids on swimming lessons. They are 8yrs and 6yrs. They can swim (but not very well lol), and they loved previous lessons they had overseas. I was thinking bout the surf life saving clubs but do they do swimming lessons or would I have to take them somewhere else. Im trying to get them involved in as much groups as I can and also looking into scouts, etc. We are living in Hallett Cove but dont mind travelling if anyone can recommend anywhere.

Cheers, Gillx

In the summer hols they have a program called Vacswim where they can have 7, 45mins lessons either at the beach or your local pool..only cost $19.50 and maybe a one off payment from the venue ( pools charge a daily entry fee noarlunga is $28 for the 7days)...it breaks up the hols and a good price.. have a look on www.vacswimsa.com or im sure your school will have a enrolment form, that where i got mine..

Hope that helps

Jo:wubclub:

Guest guest569

Had a GREAT afternoon yesterday at Unley pool near the city. All the " stateswim " centres entered their competition teams aged 8 upwards to compete against each other at the annual swim carnival. Alot of fun had by all young and old.:notworthy:

Hi,

We go to the Blue Dolphin at Happy Valley, both girls love it.

You pay per term for lessons and they also have holiday swim.

There is a scouts hut on Candy Rd at Happy Valley.

Tina

There are loads of swim schools around, we go to Sherriffs Road Swim Centre, Reynella which isn't too far from you - Tel 8381 1707

As for scouts there is a Scout Group at Hallett Cove which is excellent. Your youngest one would attend Joey Scouts (which I think is on a Wednesday) and the oldest cubs. The Joey leaders are excellent there (plus one is a Pom!) The group is at 36 Quailo Drive, Hallett Cove. I am a Joey Scout Leader at Morphett Vale and we quite often 'Buddy Up' with Hallett Cove.

Might be worth going along asap as there are only a few meetings before the summer holidays and they are likely to be the fun Christmas Party type things.

Lea

Guest lee and joanne

The closest is definately Morphett Road State Swim. I have been taking my son since we arrived in July and i highly recommend it. Its a little more expensive than in the UK but the instructors over here actually swim along side while teaching which i think is alot better. I pay $70 a month. The class sizes vary but most don't exceed 5.

Jo