WARNING WARNING !!! Do not read if you dislike spiders !!!

HEAPS GOOD !!!

Well there we were all tucked up in bed next to my lovely mrs, i woke up to goto toilet crawled back into bed next to Kat.

I felt something in my arm so brushed it away thinkin it was a fly or a bit o bedsheet you know, so i try to get back to bed then Kat gets all fidgety sits up and says i just flicked something if her arm and when it hit the floor it sounded quite big ( i have gone all goose bumpy writing this ) .

So up we get its about 2am, all bedroom lights on and were on the hunt for whatever it was, roach, fly, we just dnt know :huh:.

So we move a few things and then IT :chatterbox: was there.............crawling across the bedroon floor, Spider !!! Black size o 50c piece.

Off i go to get the old glass and piece of cardboard, Kat was on watch to see where it goes.

In i come glass in hand and catch the SPIDER upon close inpection we find it is a white tip....:confused:

So this thing had crawled over me, got flicked by me, then crawled over Kat got flicked by Kat then captured by me and then blitzed by my size 8.

I am amazed he never had a chew on any of us especially Kat after being flicked by me......talk about lucky eh?

It took us bloody ages to get back to sleep, we were itching and scratching all over.....we need a good old hunty to come keep these spiders in order so if anyone has a friendly Huntsman that they dnt want let me know as i will pay some good money for him/her....:).

Dnt have nightmares guys..............sleep well......

Hi Guys,

have been checking our spiders and etc as part of research, the white tip do not appear to dangerous in the bite stages but have a reputation for causing long term effects. The medical advice is if you are unsure as the if you have been bitten get checked out at the local clinic. Do not be embarrassed, they can be nasty little blighters.

If you have been bitten and leave it untreated it can cause serious ulcers etc. I am not trying to be alarmist, this was on the TV a few weeks ago here in England.

Hopefully you were not bitten and and will be ok.

Remember netter safe than sorry,

Looking forward to joining you all next year, our application sent 30/10/08 and acknowledged.

Kkris and Chris

Well there we were all tucked up in bed next to my lovely mrs, i woke up to goto toilet crawled back into bed next to Kat.

I felt something in my arm so brushed it away thinkin it was a fly or a bit o bedsheet you know, so i try to get back to bed then Kat gets all fidgety sits up and says i just flicked something if her arm and when it hit the floor it sounded quite big ( i have gone all goose bumpy writing this ) .

So up we get its about 2am, all bedroom lights on and were on the hunt for whatever it was, roach, fly, we just dnt know :huh:.

So we move a few things and then IT :chatterbox: was there.............crawling across the bedroon floor, Spider !!! Black size o 50c piece.

Off i go to get the old glass and piece of cardboard, Kat was on watch to see where it goes.

In i come glass in hand and catch the SPIDER upon close inpection we find it is a white tip....:confused:

So this thing had crawled over me, got flicked by me, then crawled over Kat got flicked by Kat then captured by me and then blitzed by my size 8.

I am amazed he never had a chew on any of us especially Kat after being flicked by me......talk about lucky eh?

It took us bloody ages to get back to sleep, we were itching and scratching all over.....we need a good old hunty to come keep these spiders in order so if anyone has a friendly Huntsman that they dnt want let me know as i will pay some good money for him/her....:).

Guest graandjac
PMSL at you guys.......:biglaugh:

No man it was a white tip.....

As for it not being too bad, the white tip is feared bye alot of Australians here.

WOOOS.........!!!!!!:P:biglaugh:

awwwwww no! why do i read these threads????? not bothered about snakes and im not an arachnaphobe but can do without them to say the very least,im even thinking about a mozzie net to tuck into the mattress!6ft3 and 16 stone doesnt look good dancing on the bed over a little spider!thats me btw,not my partner:biglaugh:

Think i will make sure i have a glass and piece of cardboard as my bedroom furniture. Imagine running of to get the glass, getting back and not being able to find it :arghh:, don't know about you but think i would defo then have problems sleeping :wideeyed:.

PMSL at you guys.......:biglaugh:

No man it was a white tip.....

As for it not being too bad, the white tip is feared bye alot of Australians here..:unsure:

There are loads of white tips around at the moment over here (NZ) - we got a warning in the local paper about them. Its the females out and about to lay their eggs and they have even more of an attitude than usual. We have had a lot in the house. As for not being dangerous - I dont think they would kill you unless you had heart probs or something up with your immune system but we know of someone who got badly bitten and they were paralysed down one side. I defo wouldnt want to get bitten by one anyway. If it was the size of a 50c piece - that a big momma!

Guest becky c

I woke up a few weeks ago with a nasty looking blister on my middle finger and then my hand swelled up over the next few days. The itching was insane. Took about a week to finally go. I'm convinced it was white tip bite, but I never found the offender......

Bec x:wubclub:

I woke up a few weeks ago with a nasty looking blister on my middle finger and then my hand swelled up over the next few days. The itching was insane. Took about a week to finally go. I'm convinced it was white tip bite, but I never found the offender......

Bec x:wubclub:

People react differently some ppl just et lil blisters and a friend of urs has to get her white tip itse redressed every 2 days...and some ppl the flesh starts to get eaten away.:GEEK:

I think you're probably ok - white tips are not usually the size of 50 cent pieces - their bodies are shaped like a long diamond, rather than round and they are quite small (no bigger than 18mm) and harmless looking. They are in fact, apparently harmless on their own, but if they've been munching on something poisonous (such as a daddy longlegs) before they sink their fangs into you, you may get some of the other spider's poison into your bloodstream, hence the occasional ulceration effect!

Your one sounds like what the aussies call a "common black house spider" (in the same way they call a certain snake a "red bellied black snake" - no beating about the bush here!) and probably perfectly harmless!

Probably......

I think you're probably ok - white tips are not usually the size of 50 cent pieces - their bodies are shaped like a long diamond, rather than round and they are quite small (no bigger than 18mm) and harmless looking. They are in fact, apparently harmless on their own, but if they've been munching on something poisonous (such as a daddy longlegs) before they sink their fangs into you, you may get some of the other spider's poison into your bloodstream, hence the occasional ulceration effect!

Your one sounds like what the aussies call a "common black house spider" (in the same way they call a certain snake a "red bellied black snake" - no beating about the bush here!) and probably perfectly harmless!

Probably......

This was a white tip, the mrs checked it out too before it left this lovely world.....;)

[

If you have been bitten and leave it untreated it can cause serious ulcers etc. I am not trying to be alarmist, this was on the TV a few weeks ago here in England.

Hey, I watched that program too, "Australias Deadliest". Why oh why we watched a program with that title just as we are trying to get there I dont know. My hubby is now obsessed with the white tip and keeps telling me how I have to vacuum religiously under and behind everything so as to KILL THEM ALL.

Notice how I have to , and not him!

We have a lovely big huntsman looking for a home, un fortunately I am not a whizz on computer so can't import his/her likeness for you to 'make us an offer', suffice it to say it was BIG, about 3 " accross. OH was very brave, caught itin the spider catcher and popped it over the fence so it could run wild and free in the hills. Just made me feel sick!!!!! Love this place HATE the wildlife.

We have a lovely big huntsman looking for a home, un fortunately I am not a whizz on computer so can't import his/her likeness for you to 'make us an offer', suffice it to say it was BIG, about 3 " accross. OH was very brave, caught itin the spider catcher and popped it over the fence so it could run wild and free in the hills. Just made me feel sick!!!!! Love this place HATE the wildlife.

Aww blimey i would have payed good oney for him, we used to have one and our house was insect clean....not saying were overun but with Hunty around it was good.

Our friends would come round and want to see him it was cool. hehe.

• 1 year later...
Guest sarahtwinn82

We had a wolf spider sitting outside our back door on the brick work and my hubby is mega afraid so I sprayed it but it kept moving so I knocked it of with the broom and then splatted it with the back of the broom needless to say I had spider guts splated up my legs. My hubby dosen't like to talk about it he says it makes him feel faint and sick....lol

• 2 years later...
Guest Bluebell

I am totally terrified of spiders whatever shape, size or colour I am seriously considering some type of intervention before I come over!!! I love rats, snakes and anything else but not spiders how often will I really come face to face with a huntsman??? I once had a spider on my car roof and promptly left the car, doors open engine running and went to the nearest pub to be rescued. !!

Guest Guest75
I am totally terrified of spiders whatever shape, size or colour I am seriously considering some type of intervention before I come over!!! I love rats, snakes and anything else but not spiders how often will I really come face to face with a huntsman??? I once had a spider on my car roof and promptly left the car, doors open engine running and went to the nearest pub to be rescued. !!

I love Huntsmen, we have Fred in the house at he moment.

2013-01-17-916.jpg

2013-01-07-889.jpg