Signing our contracts Thursday - wish us luck!

Angela

Hi Everyone

3 days from now, on Thursday, we have an appt with our solicitor to sign the contracts blink.gif its a little scary. I love my house but its the final step before we can emigrate smile.gif

I am hoping to have exchanged & completed by the end June / begininning of July sign60.gifsign60.gif

We will be living with the 'out laws' throughout the UK Summer school holidays, hoping to give them & the kids some quality time before we fly out in Aug / Sept.

Wish us luck folks

Angela

Guest The Bowmans

Hi Angela

Good luck with the signing - hope it all goes smoothly. Our buyers are having their survey done tomorrow so am a bit nervous about that - especially since the roof on the porch has suddenly sprung a leak and is under an insurance claim at the moment! Oh well, suppose it will all sort itself out.

Deena :)

Guest Django

Fabby stuff. Really pleased for you. Must be weird a feeling making yourself homeless though. :eek:

Hope it all goes well over the summer.

Pete

Guest steph&neil

well done hope all goes well! we got an offer on our house today - very scary makes it all seem real we are hoping to get it signed & sealed by the end of july & be out there at the start of august! (fingers crossed!)

steph x:cool:

Guest dglamoore

Hi Angela

Good luck with the house, will be thinking of you Thursday.

Remember as nice as your home is your memories will come with you and you have the excitement of building a house into a home with new memories here biggrin.gif

Lisa :cool:

Guest hayls

hi angela,

wow its really happening now , good luck with every thing its a bit scary isnt it , i kept thinking oh my god this is it i cant go back now and i have been here nearly 6 months now and i am definatley not going back , he he i love it here.

best of luck for thursday

hayls

Guest happy-jools

Good Luck with the house move. Im sure the move in with the in-laws will be fine. One step nearer to the end goal anyway.

We have just put house up for sale - and wishing it was sold quickly now. :mad:

Hold on its a bumpy ride.....I have to laugh cause if I don't I will seriously cry !!

An email below from our buyers as of TODAY & we are supposed to move out in 2 weeks time ...............yikes blink.gifblink.gif

Our buyers rang yesterday to check measurements again for their sofa's. They came round last night and told us that their buyer (2nd in chain) received the drafts/forms 1st time round and that their was some discrepancies with them (solicitors fault by the sounds of it!) so they had to send them back out to fill them in again.

Just received a call from our buyer, she spoke to her solicitor and found out that the contract for the 2nd time buyer has been sent out for her to sign and return. It turns out she is using a solicitor far away (cheaper) and that everything is done through the post (pain), she is aware of the date to move. Regarding the 1st time buyer, they received their mortgage offer, all their checks and searches have been done (our buyers words from Harts) and their solicitor should receive their (offer of mortgage) paperwork in the next couple of days and their contract drawn up (if not done already) for them to sign.

Tony spoke to our solicitor this morning asking how long all this would take and can we still do it for the 29th? They said yes it can be done as long as (1st) solicitor gets on with it. They will continue to push it.

I have encouraged our buyers to keep phoning and finding out the progress of the two in the chain, we will also do this.

If I hear anymore Angela I will let you know ASAP.

Do I look worried..............YES

Guest happy-jools

Ah Angela, hope things work out for you. This bloody house sale stuff is driving people round the twist at the moment.

Good Luck.

p.s. god knows whats happened to MSN. ;)

The saga continues.... unsure.gif

The 1st time buyer has not signed. But the 2nd buyer in the chain has put back the moving out date until after the 29th June, I suspect it will be the following Friday.

Not an issue so much now for me as I have delayed the shippers until Weds 4th July, better to be safe than sorry. I really did not want my 'personal' stuff in storage until the contracts had been exchanged.

I am now hoping that at sometime during wc 25th June I will receive that telephone call to say the contracts have now been exchanged biggrin.gif

Fingers crossed sign03.gif

Will post an update next week.

Seriously thanks for listening, its been really stressful. My house is a tip & the kids don't know whether they are coming or going. sign03.gif it won't be for to much longer.

Angela

Guest dglamoore

Awww Angela was thinking of you and hoping it had gone through ok - it seems to be moving just slowly so fingers crossed it will all go through ok for you...eventually :o

Lisa:cool:

Well its been bumpy & its about to get bumpier !!

The 1st time buyer did not sign today, their lender has 'recommended' that they have a Home Buyers Survey. Now for those of you who don't know what this is, its quite a detailed survery & can bring a whole host of issues to the table! Not good news really.

My solicitor confirmed that they had not said for definite whether they are having this done or not.

For now they plan to sign on Friday 29th June.

Exchange is not going to happen this week now.

I have DB on standby as I think I am going to cancel 4th July shipping just in case the survey is going to be done.

I could cry, what was supposed to be relatively simple has become so stressful.

I think for now if I cancel the shippers & they confirm that they need x no of days notice to re-book, then this is what I shall tell my solicitor & buyers. This is the amount of days from exchange of contracts that I NEED before I can move out, if I don't I am back to risking having everything in storage before the house sale is complete.

I hate this process............... the rain here, its been non-stop all weekend!

Thanks for listening.

Guest Django

The rain don't help does it.:mad: Is it ever going to stop?:confused:

So near yet so far. Every cloud has a silver lining so they say. Least its less time with the in laws.;) I can't imagine the emotions running through your house at the moment. At least when we meet up it'll all be over. Try to concerntrate on the fact its not 'if' but 'when'. Chin up. IT WILL HAPPEN.;)

Pete

Guest stufi1997

Ahh.. guys , your english system really sucks with this selling houses thing.! It would drive me nuts too, its really simple here and property is the easiest thing to sell ever.! hope it all speeds up for you ,be positive property is power.!:D

Okay. I am sorry if I bore you with my woes but my house sale is the bain of my life at the moment !!

The 1st time buyer has confirmed that they DO now want a Home Buyers Survey. I believe that they can still sign on Friday but the exchange of contracts definitely will not take place until the survey is complete, written & all the work (if any is required) is completed !!

I just cannot believe that this is happening.

The shippers have now been cancelled. They have been paid in full so have requested 7 - 10 days notice to re-book them. I will only do this ONCE the contracts have been exchanged.

Stress or what .............

I planned to resign this week, 4 weeks notice - now not gonna happen., I daren't just in case there are more problems.

Sorry to rant ...

Angela