Made it to 6 Months!

Liz and Kris UK

Well time has flown and we have made it to the 6 months mark! time has gone so fast.

We have had many ups and downs along the way and it has been much harder than I ever imagined especially trying to find a job and still working in a childcare centre when I really want to work in a school. Any advice I would give people thinking of moving over is that to be prepared to have to do something different and be patient I am still waiting for the right job to come along and its hard.

Kris has been lucky enough to fall into work life quite well and is enjoying working at the Royal Adelaide. There is already more opportunity for him to progress which is much better than the uk.

We have made some lovely friends and our weekends are always busy, much more than in the uk. We never seem to have a quiet weekend. People seem really relaxed here and we both feel that we are both less stressed even with homesickness.

We really enjoy living in Glenelg and being near the beach is a massive bonus, its one of the reasons why we came to oz, and we are making the most of the lifestyle we were always after.

Since being here Kris has passed his driving test and we bought a car, so this has helped us get about more. Although second hand cars are expensive compared to uk.

So far Adelaide seems a lovely place for all ages especially families. We always said we would give it the 2 years to get our perm visa and then make the decision whether to stay, I think for me it will take the 2 years plus a trip back to the uk to appreciate why we left.

I still feel we have made the right decision and although it can be tough sometimes it really helps having people around you that have done the same thing and that is why this forum has been great!

Good luck to all those just starting out!

Liz

Congratulations to you both on your 6 month marker!

It was great to meet you, It's strange how we all have the same goals for a better future, must be something about leaving the UK!

I'm grateful to all the people that have taken the time to get to know me & Rog, we've started to make some really good friends who I'm sure we'll know for a very long time.

Anyway all the best and we'll see you soon xxxx

Guest Martin and Val

Liz and Kris,

Congratulations on the 6 months you've completed so far and heres to the rest of your lives. Good luck.

Time does go very quickly here I think it's because each day is so full of happiness and they all role into one another! If you get what I mean.

Fully agree on the job front, we are still looking after 6 weeks but we are loving every minuet.

Martin

Hey Liz & Kris UK (will you wait for the 2 years before you change that!! lol)

Great post, it has been an honour to have become friends with you, you are both really lovely people and fun to be around!

Good luck Liz in finding the job you will be happy in, hope you do end up staying, (by the way!!)

Andy & Stacey

SIX MONTHS????:shocked: Is it really????? Blimey, I remember an impatient geezer posting that couldn't get out here quick enough and that only seems to be a couple of months ago. Glad things are going well for you both. I'm still picking myself off the floor with the news you've been here six months. SIX MONTHS????:shocked:

Pete

Guest happy feet

Great post liz, can't believe it has been 6 months.. I remember seeing your post whn you got your visa.....And thanks to Kris for all his info and advice on RAH, start 23 feb and can't wait... Well maybe abit scared

Good luck and take care

SIX MONTHS????:shocked: Is it really????? Blimey, I remember an impatient geezer posting that couldn't get out here quick enough and that only seems to be a couple of months ago. Glad things are going well for you both. I'm still picking myself off the floor with the news you've been here six months. SIX MONTHS????:shocked:

Pete

Ha ha I know, although the tables have turned I am the impatient one now!

Thanks for all the lovely posts, we are enjoying our life here, especially the wineries which we tried out today!

Liz

Guest redfoxy
Liz and Kris,

Congratulations on the 6 months you've completed so far and heres to the rest of your lives. Good luck.

Time does go very quickly here I think it's because each day is so full of happiness and they all role into one another! If you get what I mean.

Fully agree on the job front, we are still looking after 6 weeks but we are loving every minuet.

Martin

Hello martin & val,

We have been here 10 weeks and just managed to find work. I was getting a little worried. But also now our container has arrived and the dust has settled on our furniture ! we feel so much better and looking forward to some sun !!

You both seem very settled and good luck with the work front !

Guest Vicks&Stu

Hey - good post. Well done on the 6 months, and now it's almost Christmas there are more reasons to celebrate!

Good luck on the job front - hopefully you will find what you are looking for in 09.

See you soon.

Vicks&Stu.