Arrived Sunday!!

Guest LOOBYLOO

Guest LOOBYLOO

Hi

Arrived in Adelaide on Sunday morning after a long journey (28 hours!!) but all went well - no delays/all 12 cases arrived safely in Adelaide. Moved into our rental today and we love it. :jiggy:

The goodbyes were so hard - I was crying from the Wednesday until we left on the Friday! We've been so busy since we arrived so not had time to miss home but I know when things settle down it will hit me (especially with Christmas round the corner).

We're loving it all so far.

Good luck to all who are waiting for their visas.

Hi

Arrived in Adelaide on Sunday morning after a long journey (28 hours!!) but all went well - no delays/all 12 cases arrived safely in Adelaide. Moved into our rental today and we love it. :jiggy:

The goodbyes were so hard - I was crying from the Wednesday until we left on the Friday! We've been so busy since we arrived so not had time to miss home but I know when things settle down it will hit me (especially with Christmas round the corner).

We're loving it all so far.

Good luck to all who are waiting for their visas.

Glad you arrived safely!

Bet you are glad to leave this cold weather we are having here!! Brrrrr!

How did you go about taking 12 cases? did you pay extra to the airline at time of booking flights? Or can you just do it when you get to the airport?

Thanks Susan:D

Guest Aussie pat

Hi Linda,

Glad you're settling in. We arrived 13 days ago and know how you feel. You'll enjoy rebuilding your life now you're here if you're anything like us. It's awful unpicking your life before you leave and you never think it's going to end. House hunting and buying is much easier too.

All the best.

Hedy

• 2 weeks later...
Guest LOOBYLOO
Glad you arrived safely!

Bet you are glad to leave this cold weather we are having here!! Brrrrr!

How did you go about taking 12 cases? did you pay extra to the airline at time of booking flights? Or can you just do it when you get to the airport?

Thanks Susan:D

Hi Susan

Sorry it's taken so long to reply but just got our internet today. We transferred money with Hifx and they sent an email with a phone no & password for Qantas. We are on a temp visa but through the deal got 40kg each. Qantas said we could have as many cases as we needed as long as they were under 32kg and total weight was under 200kg (5 people). Hope this helps.

Guest David & Christine

Hi, Glad you arrived ok, where abouts are you? we move into our unfurnished house 23rd December, in Northgate, Adelaide. At the moment we are in Kurralta Park.

Be ready for a busy few weeks, all we have to do now is find jobs. Good Luck Christine:emoticon-signxmas:

great news that you've finally made it over!!!

enjoy the settling in and take some time to relax too ;)

i just wished we didn't have to leave :frownxmas: - but we'll be back soon!!!!

Guest caoimhe
Hi Susan

Sorry it's taken so long to reply but just got our internet today. We transferred money with Hifx and they sent an email with a phone no & password for Qantas. We are on a temp visa but through the deal got 40kg each. Qantas said we could have as many cases as we needed as long as they were under 32kg and total weight was under 200kg (5 people). Hope this helps.

Singapore airlines let us off with 37kg over (between 6 of us) but BMI hit us for £260 for our Belfast to Heathrow flights. Would have been cheaper to buy 6 more seats:arghhxmas:

Glad you got here safely, hope you settle in well:cutexmas:

Guest rockpool crab

Congratulations, reckon the worst is over now and it's time to settle in and enjoy your new life. Have a fabulous Christmas Linda.

Cheers for now Carol Ann:emoticon-signxmas:

Guest LOOBYLOO
Congratulations, reckon the worst is over now and it's time to settle in and enjoy your new life. Have a fabulous Christmas Linda.

Cheers for now Carol Ann:emoticon-signxmas:

Hi Carol Ann

Not long til you fly out. We have settled in well so far and looking forward to Christmas. Life at the moment is great. :biggrinxmas:

Merry Christmas to you too!