British Police tease back Brits from South Australia Police with £10,000!

Guest Cal

Cal,

Im sorry but what is it with im sorry to say such a know it all attitude?? Going by your profile you have not been here long enough to start preaching to others about what is right or what is wrong. People like you was one of the reasons i left the uk!!

Tim and other moderators if you feel i have over stepped the mark but if so please delete my account! Ive had a gut full!

Guest guest569

Well said Ian . I didn't realise the need on this forum for people to feel the need to ask questions via pm for an " honest " answer ???? Especially from someone who has only been here 5 mins and probably gets all their info from google.:eekxmas:

Whats all this about :S

Basically I and maybe some other people are just wondering why yo are telling people to pm you for questions rather than letting the question be answered on the forum which then gives many answers from ma different people. resurecting old threads that caused controversy at the time is so not helpful to the forum, I am sure you are only trying to be helpful but I am afraid that it is not coming across like that.

Basically I and maybe some other people are just wondering why yo are telling people to pm you for questions rather than letting the question be answered on the forum which then gives many answers from ma different people. resurecting old threads that caused controversy at the time is so not helpful to the forum, I am sure you are only trying to be helpful but I am afraid that it is not coming across like that.

It seems that the so-called 'welcoming' feel that PIA prides itself on isn't so apparent. Ok... so I made a mistake by 'resurectting' and old thread... sorry but I didn't have time to look through the 7,240 that are already present acording the home page. Oh and the PM part... that was made just as I joined, error of judgement. But that you all for your support :| Nice to see that it's the Seniors and Moderators that seem to be having a go rather than given advice to me.

Guest Rob and Clare

Tim and other moderators if you feel i have over stepped the mark but if so please delete my account! Ive had a gut full!

To all who have the power, don't delete Ian B's account, he offers a very level headed opinion. Moderators do an unrewarding job and we take them all for granted. and this Cal is being a bit "in your face".

It seems that the so-called 'welcoming' feel that PIA prides itself on isn't so apparent. Ok... so I made a mistake by 'resurectting' and old thread... sorry but I didn't have time to look through the 7,240 that are already present acording the home page. Oh and the PM part... that was made just as I joined, error of judgement. But that you all for your support :| Nice to see that it's the Seniors and Moderators that seem to be having a go rather than given advice to me.

We are very welcoming on here and will offer all the support that you need if you ask for it. Unfortunately you are just stirring things which you may not have realised, you obviously have not read the thread or you would have not resurrected it. We will gladl give you advice and help if you ask for it.

I just don't like the way people have come across to me. I didn't set out to stir up anything... or start bring up old news. If I have stepped on any body's toes or upturned some stones then I'm sorry... I didn't think I was out of line. Moderators please delete this thread... I don't like the way it turned out. I actually feel quite inclined to delete my profile because of this :(

Guest Libby1971

Hi Cal

I am not entirely sure that after only 30 posts that you are in a position to comment on the nature of the site as your contributions haven't had a chance to be taken on board. It is not personal, it is just a case of not knowing what you are about. I am a teacher, I know about teaching here and how it differs from teaching in the UK. I know about some OAA as I stayed in some. I know about living in the south as I do and tell people about that. And I think that this is the crux of the issue...some people are upset by the sounds of it that although you tell people to contact you for guaranteed answers, surely the point of the forum is that we guarantee the poster an answer. It might not be the one they want to hear but they get an answer. Furthermore, you don't give advice, you raise old threads which annoyed people then and so inadvertently annoy people which is not your fault if you don't know the site, it is just what happened.

Personally, I resent the fact that you accuse the seniors and mods for having a go at you. I admit that some of the posts you are receiving a bit abrupt. However, as is frequently the case where only words can be seen and no tone heard, it is inevitable that someone's feathers can be ruffled. I am the first to admit that I have upset people in the past. Then again, they upset me so we're even.

And my final comment is that I haven't seen you ask for advice. I have seen you guaranteeing to give it. Or raising old threads. Or posting about policemen going to Uk or going to Oz, whatever. But I haven't seen you ask for anything, yet.

Anyway, take care. This post is written incredibly calmly and there is no sarcasm or any trace of anger in what I am writing so please don't infer any when reading.