Argh!!!

Guest Tracijbc

Guest Tracijbc

Just needed to write something down. I have just had "one of those" messages from the UK that makes me want to go straight to the airport and get on a flight home. My oldest and bestest mate phoned me a couple of weeks ago and told me she was pregnant. Bear in mind that this lass is the most natural parent I have ever met who so richly deserves to have a child. She and her hubby have been trying for a while and she is now 41 years old, and saw this as her last chance. I have received a message today that she has lost the baby and is, understandably, in pieces. All I want to do is wrap her in a big hug until it's all ok again. All i can actually do is call her and try to offer some kind of support over the phone. I feel heart broken. I thought that this wouldn't happen for a long time to me, as I have no close family in the UK, and my mates are my family.

I hadn't realised how hard this would be, and just how remote and far from the UK you actually feel here. What a crappy thing to happen, just before Christmas.

Thanks for listening, I just needed to get it out of my system to help stop me sitting here at my desk at work sobbing.

Traci x

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend Traci. She will know that your are thinking of her although i know thats no comparison to actually being there with her. Take care of yourself.xx

My best friend became pregnant, lost the baby and sent the most heartbreaking emails etc. She then became pregnant again with twins, went into spontaneous labour and gave birth at 26 weeks, 2 boys, one survived for 18 days and the other is now 7 months old. She often sends me emails and states that she is suicidal and I try my hardest to support her but its not the same and I feel awful that I left her at this time but when would have been a good time. I know how hard it is at the moment but you also have to be pragmatic, if you went back you'd have to leave her again, this could be even worse. The reason for you coming here is still there, one of the hard bits was leaving her. Try to be there for her and listen when she needs you to, you are helping even if it doesn't feel like it. Thinking of you. Joanne x

Guest katsmajic

Going would make leaving again harder.

I found it really hard saying goodbye again to my family last week.

My ex sis in law is my best friend, on losing my nephew last month all i wanted to do was be there for her, but although i really am glad i returned, i discovered i was/felt as useless there as i did/do here.

Ive found the best way ive helped is to call, listen/support and then distraction...talking bout life here etc. I made/heard my sis in law laugh yesterday on the phone...was great to hear, although very sad.

Be there for your friend, no matter where you are thats all you can do.