The Next Step!!!!

scooterdan

Guest RandC

Wow it certainly was - fabby news though! - will have to celebrate at the meetup - have a few beers tonight and perhaps a barbie? Good weather for it and you do need to practise for all those get togethers down under, sounds like you might be there quicker than you thought!

:oCari x

Guest The Bowmans

Congratulations Dan and Steph! You're right that was bloody quick!

Good luck with the medicals and pcs - sure they'll be fine.

More waiting - great! :)

Deena

Guest aogly1964@tiscali.co.uk

hi last year i had a chest pain which my gp reffered me for a xray which came back clear then an angigram also clear but i am very worried this may affect my medical!!.can anybody help cheers andrew&sue-manchester

Guest Trakki

Was just wonering for those that have had meds already, does your weight go against you. I was overweight before getting pregnant and hope to shift lots of weight once baby is here but was just wondering if it went against you even if you are otherwise fit and healthy??

Tracey

Guest soggy

I have not had my medical yet but have checked it out with an agent, as I carry a "little" extra weight, it should be fine as long as you have no other medical conditions caused by being overweight.

Simon

Guest dglamoore

I was worried about my weight as not as slim as I would like to be :P We were told when we went for our meds that a BMI up to 35 is fine and anything over this 'may' get looked into but would not stop you getting a visa unless something serious showed up :D

Lisa:cool:

Well had Meds today!!!! Really p****d of now...high blood pressure so gotta have a Cardiologist report!! And my BMI is still going against me, despite goin ot the gym 4 times a week!!!

Any one got nay experience with these and thge out comes..?

Personally im really p****d off and ready to throw the towel in now!

Dan and Steph

Guest Aussiebound

Sure everthing will be ok, try and keep positive, these things are just meant to try us. We checked with the agent about medicals, was told just being overweight and having high blood pressure not enough to stop the visa. Needs to be something serious that could cost their health care money!

I also had serious chest infection last year, was on loads of medication, thought I had alsorts wrong, chest xray came up with 'lumps' that they thought was sarcoidosis, CT scans and heart tests all came back clear, 'lumps' disappeared. Was really concerned this would stop us getting the visa, but agent said if its not causing any problems now and it was just a virus / infection that went away there is no problem! Still worry though!

Guest dglamoore

Sorry to hear about the meds - hope everything turns out ok for you. They will just want to make sure your health is not at risk so with more checks it will probably be fine. We were advised that anything over 35 in BMI would result in further checks but would not stop it unless something serious showed up so keep your chin up :) just another part of the process to get through.

Hang in there and keep up with the gym in the meantime :rolleyes:It is worth the stresses and strains when you get here - don't give up!

Guest RandC

So sorry about the meds - I know you must both be upset, but I'm sure that it will be OK in the end. Lisa's right, they just need to check you're OK. Don't throw in the towel! someone will only throw it back at you at the meet-up! It will all be worth it in the end and will just feel even more special for you.

Keep your chins up

Cari x

Guest Django
Don't throw in the towel! someone will only throw it back at you at the meet-up!

That'll be me :P

Where there is a will.....etc.;)

Keep the faith everyone is routing for you.:)

Pete

Guest lastboyscout

Best of luck Dan , everything will be ok ;)

We`ve just had confirm off DIAC , so I`ve got to send in my visa application now, but will have to go in for hernia op before we have meds , so hopefully we will be ok:cool:

Since we started the process of emigrating , me and the wife have lost 63 pounds between us , so we are more determined:D

Guest RandC

That's great news both - it must put your mind at rest a bit. Hope you're feeling a bit more up-beat and positive now. Fingers crossed for your appointment.See you soon

Cari x :)

Guest Vicks&Stu
I was worried about my weight as not as slim as I would like to be :P We were told when we went for our meds that a BMI up to 35 is fine and anything over this 'may' get looked into but would not stop you getting a visa unless something serious showed up :D

Good luck to you both, I can't wait til we move out too!

Well, i have seen cardiologist today...blood pressure up again! he wants to do an echocardiogram, as i used to have a heart murmer...?!?! and 24hr blood pressure

monitor.

He still says he hasnt found anything irrecgular yet so touch wood....!

Anyone had any experiece with these?

Dan and Steph

Guest JPT07

Hi Dan and Steph, I'm sure everything will be fine in the end and you will soon be in Adelaide with a lovely cold beer!. We had our Meds on the 7th June, Haven't had any feed back as yet so hopefully no news is good new!, We feel very stressed as I'm sure you well know. Good Luck. Paul & Lorna.

:)

Guest Aussiebound
Well, i have seen cardiologist today...blood pressure up again! he wants to do an echocardiogram, as i used to have a heart murmer...?!?! and 24hr blood pressure

monitor.

He still says he hasnt found anything irrecgular yet so touch wood....!

Anyone had any experiece with these?

Dan and Steph

Do you mean experience of the heart murmer and blood pressure or the echocardiogram?

I had to have an echocardiogram last year - had bad chest infection, gave me allsorts of problems, ended up hospital doing tests on heart and lungs. Had lung function tests, a CT scan and the echocardiogram. None to bad, echocardiogram worse for female as you have to strip top half. Thats as bad as it got though.

Sure you'll be fine.

Sarah

HEY.

have had echo now....everything normal....!! great weight lifted. am on 24hr bp monitor, but cardio says even if it is high there no link to anything anywhere!!

Now ive just got to track down some records from 15 years ago regarding a problem with my right eye!

Its all coming together slowly!

Thanks for everyones advice through these meds...!

Dan and Steph