Cried my first tears today

Guest ReadyPenny

Guest ReadyPenny

Hi Guys

I gave my notice in at work at the beginning of the month and I finish on Tuesday 23 December for good. Today my boss acknowledged my resignation by letter.

It was so lovely, thanking me for my loyalty and service and wishing me all the best for our new life in Australia.

It made me cry and this is just work! Can't imagine how I will be when I have to say goodbye to my parents and family.

Mandy

Oh Mandy,

I do feel for you! It really is such an emotional time for you right now and it will be until you have arrived and settled down - then it might be worth it. Don't forget, emigrating doesn't have to be forever and you can always go back if you think it is people who are more important than place. Three months in, I do feel much more settled with my surroundings in Adelaide but I still have periodic and acute pangs of homesickness, especially when I speak to my youngest son - as soon as I hear his voice it sets me off!

It will get easier, but it is harder for some of us than others - I guess I am just an emotional type.

Good luck with it all and remember you will always have a shoulder to cry on when you get here.

Hi Mandy

I can only begin to imagine the emotions that are yet to come - my OH calls me Severn Trent as I tend to "leak" quite a lot (from the eyes before anyone comments:tonguexmas:).

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas - just think of all the exciting things 2009 will bring.

All the best.

Kim x

Guest ReadyPenny

Thanks guys for the support - much appreciated and very much needed right now and for the next few weeks too I should imagine!

Really looking forward to meeting up with you all next year

Mandy

Guest C&MKing

Mandy

I filled up just reading your post!!! - im handing my notice in on Fri, but unfortunately got 3 mths notice to work so we wont be going until the beg of April 09.

Have told most of my family and friends now (just got my Mum left!!! - am being such a wimp!). My husband, Matt hasnt told any one his side yet...got that to look forward to at the weekend(!)

Like some of the others that have replied to you have said, as hard as it is inevitably going to be leaving the friends and family behind, just think of the exciting times that lie ahead and all that sunshine and space at last!!!

Best of luck with your preps

Clare

Guest massive
Oh Mandy,

I do feel for you! It really is such an emotional time for you right now and it will be until you have arrived and settled down - then it might be worth it. Don't forget, emigrating doesn't have to be forever and you can always go back if you think it is people who are more important than place. Three months in, I do feel much more settled with my surroundings in Adelaide but I still have periodic and acute pangs of homesickness, especially when I speak to my youngest son - as soon as I hear his voice it sets me off!

It will get easier, but it is harder for some of us than others - I guess I am just an emotional type.

Good luck with it all and remember you will always have a shoulder to cry on when you get here.

No where you are coming from and you should treat it like an adventure nothing has to be for ever but to be an emotional type is only human i too have good days and bad days and sometimes think what the hell am i doing only time will tell

debbie

Guest happy feet

Hi Mandy,

I also finish work on friday, but not like you i will still be helping out on the ward when they are short, so not the final goodbye just yet.. Not looking forward to any of it. When are you going over??? Can't remember? Good luck with everything. Hope to see you on the other side

Cara xxx

Guest ReadyPenny

Hi Cara

Thanks for that, they have asked me to go back too for odd days here and there to train my replacement!! I dont mind at all but I will be so busy with the packing ,shippers and stuff I dont know if it is realistic,although I would like to help them out.

We are going on 23 Feb all being well, what about you?

Mandy

Guest happy feet
Hi Cara

Thanks for that, they have asked me to go back too for odd days here and there to train my replacement!! I dont mind at all but I will be so busy with the packing ,shippers and stuff I dont know if it is realistic,although I would like to help them out.

We are going on 23 Feb all being well, what about you?

Mandy

Hi Mandy,

Flights booked, 3rd feb from manchester.. packers coming 7thJan so lots too do, talk about stressed!!!! Good luck with everything lovey.. Look forward to meeting you on the other side

Cara:emoticon-signxmas:

Guest graandjac

:noxmas:its not talked about enough ...........its avoided....... but the goodbyes suck and there is no getting away from it. You cant prepare for them.....!!!!!, my advice DONT take anyone to the airport......say goodbye at home that way when you are out of sight something changes(or it did for us), its at this point you realise your on own and the excitement kicks in. There is going to be lots of tears and heart break........but just stay focussed and look forward ................its worth it , good luck

Guest caoimhe
:noxmas:its not talked about enough ...........its avoided....... but the goodbyes suck and there is no getting away from it. You cant prepare for them.....!!!!!, my advice DONT take anyone to the airport......say goodbye at home that way when you are out of sight something changes(or it did for us), its at this point you realise your on own and the excitement kicks in. There is going to be lots of tears and heart break........but just stay focussed and look forward ................its worth it , good luck

I totally agree, NOTHING prepare's you for the goodbyes. I honestly believe it one of the hardest things I have ever done.