Dog owners - warning!

Guest Guest75

Guest Guest75

Just a warning for dog owners.

Please check your dog's paws for grass seeds regularly,get right inside the pads and between the toes.

One of our little fellas developed a limp and had had to have an operation to remove a large seed (half inch long) from between his pads.

Some of the seeds here are notorious - they are one way barbed and will actually travel around the body if given chance.

We are $360 lighter now.Not as though I would ever skimp on any pet - keep an eye out before it's operation time!

we know how you feel:mad:xmas last year in the space of 4wks our dog had 1 in his ear, 1 in his eye and 2 in his paw, and we were $1000 out of pocket......oh the joys of owning a dog...this year so far we are only $80 out of pocket even then she did not get it out luckly i got it a couple of days later....

It always helps to get the fur around the paws cut really short..

Jo:emoticon-signxmas:

I'm so sorry to learn that Tyke....your dogs are lovely! (No, don't bother waiting for any sarcasm there!)

Whilst we are warning dog-people, I thought I might mention one dog (not ours) on the beach, was rather too interested in a dead puffer and ended up at the vets with poisoning. All ok after treatment thank goodness, but his escapade apparently cost the owner $600!

Forgive me if I've stated the obvious, but :smilexmas:

LC

We got pet insurance from pet plan - $300 a year for up to $7000 cover.

It's great peace of mind. Vets bills here are just as silly as in the u.k

You can do it all on line.

We do to. Pay around $60 a month for 2 dogs.........wouldnt be without it, especially over there with all the things that they can get into trouble with!;)