Problems with Skype

Moosh

We often use Skype or MSN Messenger to webcam our friends and family back in the UK but we've been having a few problems. If the connection is slow on MSN which is frustrating or cannot get a videocall connection at all, we go to Skype where it appears to be fine but then the sound keeps going off intermittently for them the other side and this is even more frustrating. This has happened to 2 separate people using Skype. The only connection with them is that they both have the Sky Broadband that comes free with the TV package. Not sure if it's them or us. We are on ADSL2+ on a Wireless modem. I'm not having these problems with my Mum on MSN Messenger at all but she's with NTL.

So what is the solution? :confusedxmas:

Guest Chelseadownunder

Hi Moosh,

Its not just your connection. Our Skype has been playing up lately too. Sound going etc... We are with dare I say it "Telstra". What a nightmare they are.......

Have a merry Chrisy mas

Scott UK

Hi There,

I know there have been problems with cables somewhere under the ocean caused by seismic activity affecting internet connections. It says the French are sending ships to repair the damage think it said somewhere round Malta. Google for more info. The UK has been unaffected tho'.

Merry Xmas

Diane

Guest massive

Hi we are with Telstra !!!!!! and have family we skype with sky and find that sometimes if its a bit funny we will hang up and call back this seems to help also we tend to find the moor people on line the more this happens :skepticalxmas:

debbie

Guest Wersal Gummage
We have unlimited downloads and we are with AAPT.

I am pretty sure it's got something to do with Sky Broadband.

Check your package with AAPT, I don't think they do Unlimited downloads.

Maybe you have something running in the background on your computer thats interfering with your connection. spyware / anti virus updating/ Windows updating etc. same with the people you're contacting.

Dont always think its a fault your end, I prefer to blame them :biggrinxmas: