Containing arriving

Guest dglamoore

Guest dglamoore

woohoo we said goodbye to all our worldly goods (except what we managed to squeeze into 5 suitcases and 3 bits of hand lugguage) on April 18th and will say hello to them again on June 13th

We got the call today from the lovely man at Allied Pickfords to say everything (except some aerosols that had been packed in error :confused:) has cleared customs and quarantine and will be reunited with us next Wednesday!!!!!!!

I can honestly say it will be lovely to have some more clothes to wear and although no domestic goddess I will once again have decent pans and my kitchen gadgets :P

Guess what I will be doing next week with 145 boxes to unpack :eek:

Lisa:cool:

Guest steph&neil

Hi lisa, bet will feel great to see all your things again! i don't envy you unpacking them though! (after seeing what you have bought out there already!)

I had a company in yesterday & will get the quote on Tuesday - we are trying to be rational about what we are taking (ok so the OH is not getting much space!)

Good luck & hope there are lots of nice surprises with the things you forgot you had packed!

steph x :cool:

Hi Lisa,

Good luck with the unpacking! Our worldly goods are being packed 2nd July so we are frantically going through cupboards and wardrobes looking for rubbish to throw away before they come. This included most of my clothes so guess who's going on a spending spree before we leave??? I have no idea how we're going to manage to spend roughly 8 weeks with only a couple of suitcases between the four of us because we've just found out that Malaysian Airlines will only allow us 20k luggage each. Why oh why did we book with them???? Oh well, expect we'll cope!

Liz and Rich

Guest dglamoore
Wow that was quick' when did you send it.? It'll be christmas all over!

The container shipped out on the 20th April from Southampton and docked at Adelaide on 29th May so did not take long at all ;) Does seem longer though when you are living out of suitcases apart from new bits you buy here :o

Guest stufi1997

It's not quite the same as backpacking with a family ! especially in winter, i remember how cold Melbourne was. Still nice to know it's as quick as that. bye the the way i spose i'd better say G'day.... while i polish off the rest of my wine and head off to bed.....!

Guest Django

Bet Dawn will glad to see some of her things again. It will help her settle in a bit easier, although it seems she has done that already.:)

Pete

Guest dglamoore
sorry to be rude but i was wondering how much the container has cost? is it worth transporting or sell everything and start again...:eek:

We paid £4250 for 20ft container including insurance and then $370 AQIS fees this end. It is worth it to us as we have bought machinery for work along with loads of personal effects and the newer furniture we had that we could not replace for this price.

We have bought quite a bit of stuff here but do not underestimate the price that all the little bits and pieces add up to :confused: we could definitely not buy what is in our container for the price it cost to ship it over :P

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dp n dd
sorry to be rude but i was wondering how much the container has cost? is it worth transporting or sell everything and start again...:eek:

Hiya Batleys from Barnsley :) av just seen your post asking for a shipping price & what to take etc.

We've had quotes ranging from £3500 down to £1200 - and we're not takin much.

We've settled on Doree Bonner - £1400 for all our stuff & a motorbike.

What you take depends totally on you! like Lisa said - she had machinery, new furniture etc, but we've been 'on hold' for 2 years doing this visa app. so most of our furniture isn't worth taking. We're taking clothes, all my tools, computer, playstations :D, photos, dvd's 'n cd's, kitchen equipment n thats about it.

Whatever you decide get a few quotes - you'll be surprised at the difference!

Good luck with ya app.

Paul & Jeanette (Barnsley)

Guest dglamoore
Hi Lisa

Bet it will be brillant to see all your stuff again.

Good luck with the unpacking;)

Deb

Was great thanks - guys from Allied arrived last Wednesday at about 9.30am and stayed most of the day helping unpack. By Thursday it was all unboxed and away :P

Guest Doodle

Hi Lisa

It must be a great feeling, having a new home in a beautiful country and now having your belongings around you - you give me hope for the future! :D

We are going with Allied Pickfords too, but said good bye to most of our belongings in Dec! It strange as I know I will feel happy to see our stuff again! As I am sure you feel now!

We are still waiting to hear if we have the visa - had the medicals in April :eek:

I have been reading some threads on here and our wait seems to be quiet long...although originally we were applying to go to Perth, although were actually deciding on Adelaide at the time! We like to confuse things! So we are wondering if thats the hold up???

Anyway I am pleased for you, I read somewhere that the gov in Adeaide were recommending your website! Perhaps you could get some funding from them!!!!;)

Deb

Guest batleys

thank you for getting back to us we have found this useful especailly about the motorbike as chris has a bike and i don't think he wants to sell it. We have not even applied for or visas yet its still a dream... but we are going to sydney and adelaide in november to make our minds up, maybe we could met up with you and let us know how barnsley folke fit in and stuff....

thanxs again lucy n chris