My Mate!

Guest TC for short

Marmite  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Marmite

Guest TC for short

Ok, stealing somewhat from Deborah's thread and ignoring the fact that a marmite is actually a cooking-pot...

Obviously absolutely no-one sits on the fence on this issue. You either love it, or hate it. Whatever, you just know you HAVE to vote!

TC

I love Marmite but don't like Vegemite. My mother-in-law brought 3 large jars over when she came in April. All now gone, the children like vegemite but when there is a choice between the two they prefer to have Marmite. I tried to hide one of the jars but they found it. My mum came over at the beginning of November and brought one jar, also all gone. I have started to buy it from Coles, the small jar is $4.95.

Could eat it straight off the spoon.:D:D:D

Pete

Sorry but i'll have to admit i am one of these people who do eat it of the spoon. Nothing like waiting for the toast to pop up and quickly grabbing a spoonful whilst waiting.:)

Guest Django
Have to agree with liz on this one, and seeing as Jac's dad has arrived we now have 5....yes 5 jars of it

:shocked: Next you'll be getting your rellies to bring you out M&S stuff. :rolleyes::P:biglaugh:

Pete

Guest TC for short
It is the devil's toe jam!I can't stand the sight let alone the smell of the stuff. Sorry TC mate, we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

I'm disappointed in you, Bodie. Would've had you down as one of the Brothers! IIRC there was always a toaster, loaf of bread, slab of butter & BIG HUGE jar of Marmite in one of the ante-rooms. That was the soffisticated Blue Suits though, not ruff-as-'ouses Brown Jobs!!!!

:P

Guest jen&ian

It's the growing up spread you never grow out of....(remember that commercial?)

I don't mean to gloat but have 2 huge jars in cupboard at the mo courtesy of visitors from uk:cute:.

My husband hates it, but oddly likes twiglets...go figure:huh:

We lived 5 mins from the factory in Burton on trent and you could always smell it in the air.

jen

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT!!! i am very particular how i have it tho, the toast has to be cold before the marj and marmite go on!!

just bought an izty bizty jar from the lolly shop cost a small fortune:swoon:

can't find it in coles:nah:

I'm disappointed in you, Bodie. Would've had you down as one of the Brothers! IIRC there was always a toaster, loaf of bread, slab of butter & BIG HUGE jar of Marmite in one of the ante-rooms. That was the soffisticated Blue Suits though, not ruff-as-'ouses Brown Jobs!!!!

:P

Bah! Now if its sophistication you're after. Egg banjo. The food of the Gods!:D

Guest TC for short

Have to confess to a sheltered life - not really sure what an egg banjo is! Is it a piece of toast with a circle cut out & an egg fried in the hole?

Moving swiftly back to thread, if you're really My Mate (pun so obvious it's clearly intentional!) could you sneak a wee jar in your suitcase? Pretty please! Did I mention what a fine figure of a chap you are??

;)

Guest Dave & Carole

Its disgusting!!!! Even our children say "No kisses for Daddy till he's brushed his teeth" if he's been eating it. Definately 3 against 1 in our house. Not easily available in Oz - another good reason to emigrate!

Guest Richard & Amanda

I hate it with a passion.

Hubby eats it, or would if I bought it for him....but as I do the shopping needless to say it never ends up in the basket!!!!

He hasn't really mentioned it since we moved out here which is a bonus...it reminds me of Bovril and I hated that yuk

:biglaugh: