Bye,bye Mr & Mrs Armchairdetective.

Guest Guest75

Guest Guest75

Well what a weekend we've had!

On their Australian and NZ tour,Mrs & Mrs Armchairdetective (I'll shorten to TADC now)flew over here to Adelaide to see us for a few days.

Our friendship started 10 years ago when we bumped into each other on an old Usenet forum.After that we were always bumping into each other on forums.

Knowing they wanted to meet up and have a peek at Adelaide we threw open the doors of Tyke Towers - we've never met but knew they would be lovely people.

Well we were not wrong.

We've had a ball,not stop yakking,going out and drinking.

We all went out on the boat on Saturday,very busy at the launch ramp and perfect,calm conditions.Mrs TADC was the only one of us to catch a fish - a one eyed Pufferfish,sure it just committed suicide but don't tell here thatbiglaugh.gif

On our return the dolphins decided to show up,so lucky to see then - cammera clicking away like mad.

Boy was it busy when we returned to get our boat out at the ramp.Must admit I lost my temper with two women who pushed in front of the 18 boats waiting politely - my first case of "Ramp rage" - they deserved it though!

Had a great get together on Sat night here at home, just a small bunch of us so Mr & Mrs TADC could meet everyone ( sorry to everyone else we all know).Ended up the wrong end of a lot of port and staggered to bed at around 2.am.

Mr & Mrs TADC have asked me to say to those who they met how much they enjoyed their company.

Sunday saw us having a drive around the center of Adelaide and then in the afternoon a drive along the beaches of South Adelaide.A couple of calls to do a spot of wine tasting too!

Sun night was lovely- we went down to the Victory Hotel for a great meal (highly recommend it) and watched the sun go down.

Well,they are off on an adventure on the Great Ocean Road now,just seen them off this morning.

Wish we'd have had more time together but they are covering a lot of miles here.

Once again,a pleasure to meet Mr & Mrs TADC,we thoroughly enjoyed their company.

I know they are quite taken by South Australia know.

Who knows - they might be back.................................:wubclub:

Guest Guzzler&Sas

That is great Tyke - it could have been a nightmare after 10years!

Glad it all went well and here's hoping they are back. Sounds like you all had a ball!

Cheers

Sas

xxx

Guest guest569
Whats the Victory like for a meal at sunset! Are their many tables with views outside looking towards the sea.

Probably the best sea view from a pub. ( in my opinion) Only about 6-7 tables outside with the view so you need to reserve.

Probably the best sea view from a pub. ( in my opinion) Only about 6-7 tables outside with the view so you need to reserve.
Can you sit inside with a view, if there is a breeze itll play havoc with my mullet!:elvis:

Guest guest569
Can you sit inside with a view, if there is a breeze itll play havoc with my mullet!:elvis:

I'm sure theyle pull the cafe blinds and put the patio heater on for you.

There are some tables inside but not sure of the views.

Has a good beer garden.

Guest Guest75
What do you think to the "new look " Victory Tyke ?? We were in there sat evening.:wacko:

I like it.

Good to see that they have kept the old "slam" door beer fridges - so much character in them.

Recommend tables 21,22 and 23 inside for the view :)

• 3 weeks later...

It was a fantastic weekend, the Victory, eck the whole place is smashing, mrs TACD prefers it to Victoria.

Mr and Mrs Tyke were everything we had expected them to be and more.....and I knew id get along with Mr Tyke anyway.

And everyone we met at the BBQ, inc Mr and Mrs Tyke, was highly intelligent, witty and part of the "Smart Set"

Lazy Cow by the way is utterly delightful and her husband is a good bloke.

Also we liked the houses around the Tykes owned by people on this forum, especially the one's with the Oz flag a flying.

It was good to see people openly being grateful for oz adopting them (so to speak).

And everyone we met at the BBQ, inc Mr and Mrs Tyke, was highly intelligent, witty and part of the "Smart Set"

Lazy Cow by the way is utterly delightful

It was good to see people openly being grateful for oz adopting them (so to speak).

"Smart Set"!! lol pmsl rofl ha ha :biglaugh: etc (I'll give you the 'intelligent' though!)

I think you must mean 'udderly delightful' no? You smoooth talker you.

We love Australia and are very proud to be Australian citizens, and I am grateful for the act of faith the government showed in accepting us. I know some people would see that in a more cynical light but I personally believe it is a huge act of faith to open your country up to the influence of random applicants. Oz and her people have been good to us and I am very grateful to have been 'adopted' - welcomed with open arms and heart.

Ooh, I feel all emotional now! I shall have to lie down for a bit....

:wubclub: To you and your very lovely wife. It was a pleasure to meet you both.

Caroline and Paul.x

Guest Guest75
"Smart Set"!! lol pmsl rofl ha ha :biglaugh: etc (I'll give you the 'intelligent' though!)

I think you must mean 'udderly delightful' no? You smoooth talker you.

We love Australia and are very proud to be Australian citizens, and I am grateful for the act of faith the government showed in accepting us. I know some people would see that in a more cynical light but I personally believe it is a huge act of faith to open your country up to the influence of random applicants. Oz and her people have been good to us and I am very grateful to have been 'adopted' - welcomed with open arms and heart.

Ooh, I feel all emotional now! I shall have to lie down for a bit....

:wubclub: To you and your very lovely wife. It was a pleasure to meet you both.

Caroline and Paul.x

The jury is still out on the intelligent bit.

If wisdom comes with age then I've got it in spades before you drop that one in :biglaugh:

Guest Guest75
It was a fantastic weekend, the Victory, eck the whole place is smashing, mrs TACD prefers it to Victoria.

Mr and Mrs Tyke were everything we had expected them to be and more.....and I knew id get along with Mr Tyke anyway.

Lazy Cow by the way is utterly delightful and her husband is a good bloke.

Also we liked the houses around the Tykes owned by people on this forum, especially the one's with the Oz flag a flying.

:embarrassed::embarrassed:

Shucks.

It was great fun,a weekend we will not forget in a long time.

You saw Adelaide as it is .

Next time we'll be catching trophy Snapper!!!!

Guest Guest75
I'm going to buy me and mrs TACD rods but maybe a book on how to fish might be best first:)

I'm in the process of breaking it to Mrs Tyke that I need another rod.

I used my friend's rod to pull that big Snapper in.It's an Overhead (so like upside down) which is great for yanking that big fella's in.

It's just over $300 for rod and reel,might have to do some grovelling though:biglaugh:

Guest Guest75
It would be wrong to ask:biglaugh:

Having one of those Basted (watch spelling ) Ham nights with fishing buddy here so might ask/grovel then.:biglaugh:

Stock s of this rod /reel are in short supply ans the next lot will be up by 30% ,so look at the money I'm saving!