anyway to stop huntsmen getting into your car?

ozzieclare2be

only way i can think he got in was over weekend when chris was unloading car, either that or hes been in there a while :elvis:. I almost wet myself and went and got our neighbour to get it out as chris went to work , so im going to get her a bunch of flowers tomorrow to say thanks, chris has morteined the car tonight for me. My car is violated :sad:.

Guest Tracijbc

Hi guys, the only thing I have been told was by my boss who said to leave your car in full sun as they hate being too hot and will actively leave the car if it is heating up out in the 30 degree heat. This was after we also had a big old "Harry" on the driver's door of the car.....other than that, bomb the car (with a Mortein bomb, rather than TNT), maybe that will discourage the buggers!

Trace xxx

Hi guys, the only thing I have been told was by my boss who said to leave your car in full sun as they hate being too hot and will actively leave the car if it is heating up out in the 30 degree heat. This was after we also had a big old "Harry" on the driver's door of the car.....other than that, bomb the car (with a Mortein bomb, rather than TNT), maybe that will discourage the buggers!

Trace xxx

lol im loving the tnt idea maybe i could claim on insurance and buy a vespa?:idea: seriously though if id have driven with that in car id have written it off even my neighbour said it was a big one.

Guest Tracijbc
can they crawl through air vents? please say no?

Sorry Clare........through the bulk head where the cables go through. Mind you, I wouldn't discount any blooming thing here!! They can probably teleport.....:swoon:

Guest cornish Busdriver

Cool, a huntsman.

The only critter i get bugged by is a bloody big possom thats like to svare the hell out of me at midnight most nights.

Jumps from next doors tree on to my roof to get to my tree.

Guest Fancy a Beer
I never ever leave the windows open when its parked (even the slightest crack - they can make themselves really, really flat!) after hearing of someone who pulled down the sunshade as she was driving along and a huge one dropped into her lap.....

I always check both of the sun visors when I get in as this happened to my mate last year! She almost killed the whole family when it dropped into her lap!:wideeyed:

No point in worrying about shutting Windows if they wanna get in they will!!

We use the Mortein Bombs on a regular basis they are great for sheds, garages, houses, cars etc and kill everything!!:GEEK:

Guest Fancy a Beer

Yes they will crawl through any gap big enough!! But chances of getting one is very slim in the great scheme of things i would worry more about the Red Backs under your car seat that you cant see than the Huntsman big hairy legs hanging out the sun visor!!

Guest redfoxy
Yes they will crawl through any gap big enough!! But chances of getting one is very slim in the great scheme of things i would worry more about the Red Backs under your car seat that you cant see than the Huntsman big hairy legs hanging out the sun visor!!

Yuck I feel itchy all over now !! will have to get car mortien now..husband !!!!!!!!!!

God I know what you mean. Was leaving work at 11pm the other night, driving out of the car park. Saw the most MASSIVE spider (sure it was a Huntsman) on my windscreen. Couldn't decide if it was inside or out so ground the car to a halt at the gates to leave the car park. . Two marked vehicle with lights and sirens flashing behind me telling me there was an emergency. Too right I told them have you seen that Bl**dy thing on my windscreen. Anyway luckily it was on the outside. As I drove along, heart racing I saw the critter climbing all over my car. Thats OK I thought and zapped it with my windscreen wipers............................... At least thats what I thought. the very next night, same time, same place I was getting into my car and I saw another one climbing along the drivers side rear panel. I'm sure it was the same one stalking me. Was too frightened to open the door in case it got in, wouldn't have the air con on either.....just in case. I think I'm being followed.

God I know what you mean. Was leaving work at 11pm the other night, driving out of the car park. Saw the most MASSIVE spider (sure it was a Huntsman) on my windscreen. Couldn't decide if it was inside or out so ground the car to a halt at the gates to leave the car park. . Two marked vehicle with lights and sirens flashing behind me telling me there was an emergency. Too right I told them have you seen that Bl**dy thing on my windscreen. Anyway luckily it was on the outside. As I drove along, heart racing I saw the critter climbing all over my car. Thats OK I thought and zapped it with my windscreen wipers............................... At least thats what I thought. the very next night, same time, same place I was getting into my car and I saw another one climbing along the drivers side rear panel. I'm sure it was the same one stalking me. Was too frightened to open the door in case it got in, wouldn't have the air con on either.....just in case. I think I'm being followed.

its been 4 days now and im still freaked out by it. A very kind pia poster has gave me the name of a company who will spray your house and it lasts 12 months going to ring em and see if they can do the car too lol

Guest swampo

Having spilt some milk in the passenger footwell, I have cleaned and washed the carpet today and left the windows open in the car whilst parked under the car port. Have now just been out to shut said windows armed with a bl***dy big can of Mortein and sprayed the whole car inside. Smells vile but I feel happier.

Having spilt some milk in the passenger footwell, I have cleaned and washed the carpet today and left the windows open in the car whilst parked under the car port. Have now just been out to shut said windows armed with a bl***dy big can of Mortein and sprayed the whole car inside. Smells vile but I feel happier.

aww sorry didnt mean to frighten you hun. :wubclub:

Guest swampo

Already had several 'incidents' with huntsman, fortunately hubby dealt with them, I was on a chair screaming my head off!!!

I don'[t care if they are good for the garden or eat other spiders, I don't like em.

A very kind pia poster has gave me the name of a company who will spray your house and it lasts 12 months going to ring em and see if they can do the car too lol

Are you serious?? Please give me the details, I know this is pathetic but I have a serious phobia and was considering being hypnotised before I arrive!!!!!

Honestly, send me this information, I would feel so much better about the whole trip!!!

Guest Im Here

LOL sorry but i had to laugh when i read this. It reminded me of when i had a huntsman on the back window of my car. He sat there for about 2 weeks in all just under the spoiler. Didn't really bother me even though i hate spiders. Hubby tried poking it with a pencil and omg it wasn't happy :wideeyed: it reared up and went for it lol was funny as he pooped himself. Serves him right lol.

Guest honey57

Before we moved to Bulgaria I purchased a couple of bottles of an insect barrier spray to take with us. When we got there I sprayed window frames, door frames, skirting etc...as the house had been empty for 10 years before we moved in. It was brilliant, once sprayed it lasts months unless you wash it off and kills everything that tries to cross your threshold, good for covered outside areas and maybe cars as well. We were counting the bodies for months. Got it from one of those 'you didn't know you needed it until you saw' it catalogues. I can get the name if anyone is interested.