advice getting our $1800 bond back

Guest cunnah10

Guest cunnah10

Could you guys in the "know" please tell me how you get your "lodged" bond back and how long does it take to be refunded?

If my bond has been "lodged" do i apply direct to get it refunded if i leave my rental or does my "private" landlord (not agent) apply to get it back for me?

Obviously i know the house has to be inspected first by the landlords to make sure the house is in the same state as it was when we moved in (which it is)...do they only do this "after" we move out BUT before any new tenants move in (how does this work if this happens on the same day?)Say we moved out on a Friday "WHEN" should be expect to get our bond back?

Is it normal that you move out of one rental first without your bond being refunded and move into another and have to find enough upfront for another bond?

Seems a bit unfair...is this correct?

Gill

Guest cornish Busdriver

So far as i understand it from my paperwork, you have to apply directly and then they get hold of your landlord to see if there are any discepencys e.g. damage, outanding rent ect ect.

But this also depends on if your breaking your lease.

If you are breaking your lease you can not get it back until the property is re-rented.

Think my agent said it would probally take about 6 weeks.

Someone else on here could probally give more info but this is how i interpret it.

Could you guys in the "know" please tell me how you get your "lodged" bond back and how long does it take to be refunded?

If my bond has been "lodged" do i apply direct to get it refunded if i leave my rental or does my "private" landlord (not agent) apply to get it back for me?

Obviously i know the house has to be inspected first by the landlords to make sure the house is in the same state as it was when we moved in (which it is)...do they only do this "after" we move out BUT before any new tenants move in (how does this work if this happens on the same day?)Say we moved out on a Friday "WHEN" should be expect to get our bond back?

Is it normal that you move out of one rental first without your bond being refunded and move into another and have to find enough upfront for another bond?

Seems a bit unfair...is this correct?

Gill

you will get a letter from agent telling you how much of bond is to be refunded (eg if any breakages outstanding rent, water usage). You then send in the application for bond refund. We are only just getting ours back now and moved over 3 weeks ago so no you dont get it back before you move out im afraid. Not sure if there is anyway round this, as we bought, might be worth asking the agent though

Guest cunnah10
you will get a letter from agent telling you how much of bond is to be refunded (eg if any breakages outstanding rent, water usage). You then send in the application for bond refund. We are only just getting ours back now and moved over 3 weeks ago so no you dont get it back before you move out im afraid. Not sure if there is anyway round this, as we bought, might be worth asking the agent though

Thanks for the replies...at least i know i will have to find another bond now to go against a new rental whilst waiting for the initial bond to be refunded from original rental

Gill