Anyone from Greenwith/Golden Grove/Wynn Vale Areas??

Guest Fancy a Beer

Guest Fancy a Beer

Just wondered if there was anyone else out there from Golden Grove/Greenwith/Wynn Vale area, seems loads from Flagstaff/Hallett Cove etc, just looking to see who is around in my area!! ;)

Hello

Quite a few of us up this way, we just keep a low profile as we are refined people with good taste :cute:

Must get round to organising another girls night out as not had one for a month or two, so keep an eye on the social section or send me a PM and I will let you know when the next one is. Or of course, anyone else can arrange it and just tell me the date!

Got visitors for the next couple of months so might not be online much though1

Diane

I'm pretty new to all this but am finding Adelaide a bit lonely, can't find a job and are feeling very down (I have 15 years experience in the water industry, 8 of those at management level, yet it means nothing out here - doh !!)

Been here just over 3 months now - really want to make things work but its hard - anyone else feeling this way ??

I'm pretty new to all this but am finding Adelaide a bit lonely, can't find a job and are feeling very down (I have 15 years experience in the water industry, 8 of those at management level, yet it means nothing out here - doh !!)

Been here just over 3 months now - really want to make things work but its hard - anyone else feeling this way ??

It can and does feel lonely when you first arrive. Having work issues obviously will not help. I realize how lucky i was in getting work so soon. It does seem like to get on is only done by chasing and chasing answers or replies from firms. What line of work are you in?

I worked for a large water company called Severn Trent Water for 15 years, jobs were all in the new connections department quoting, designing new water mains an services an then the later part of my career was managing the inspectors who dealt with installation an construction on the development sites, have also worked on a project for a year to do with introduction of a new piece of government legislation (traffic management act) the project work included process mapping, facilitating workshops, training etc..... I've tried sa water, united water and united utilities but they don't seem to have anything, have gone to a few recruitment companies ctc, locher, robert walters an maybe a few others I'm no considering any jobs I'd even do cleaning if I had to - I feel like I'm going mad ha ha ha my boyfriend is australian I moved over here to be with him, he's back at work after the festive season and I think I'm just having a bad lonely week - spending all my time on seek.com and a few other websites looking for work - also took to going for big walks and doing lots of housework - still its soooooo boring especially as I have always worked I'm 37 so I've worked for quite a few years - i know i'll be ok in the end - haven't really used this site much but it is good as there are lots of people like yourself who know how it feels and it is helpful ;-)))

Whereabouts in the UK are you from ??

we were originally from Hastings on the not so sunny south coast!

Interesting to see you involved in Traffic Management as in the construction industry i am in here deals a lot with traffic management companies. May be an option for you?

As your just up the road let us know if you want to get together with the "boss at home" as as soon as kids back at school and in between her part time work i need an excuse to keep her out the shops! Also live opposite another english family so i am sure you can find plenty to talk about.

Guest Rob and Clare

Sent you a PM Wendy...

Guest swampo

Also from the dark side of the city - north, in Banksia Park. Like Diane says it is the more selective side of the town LOL (no offence to 'southerners' it is lovely down there). Also having problems finding work (ex-College teacher looking for a change) and getting stir crazy.

A good night out in the Golden Grove Tavern is looking to be a good option???

agggghhhh new cross hospital and all these midlanders i'm definetley thinkin a night at the golden grove tavern is a mkust ;-)))) hope you all like wine as much as me ha ha ha

Hello

Quite a few of us up this way, we just keep a low profile as we are refined people with good taste :cute:

Must get round to organising another girls night out as not had one for a month or two, so keep an eye on the social section or send me a PM and I will let you know when the next one is. Or of course, anyone else can arrange it and just tell me the date!

Got visitors for the next couple of months so might not be online much though1

Diane

How about a night out on a Friday or Sat this month at the Golden Grove Tavern? Cant make Feb as I'll be in UK

Wendy

We are just across in Para Hills. Sister in law and clan are in Greenwith. Her 10 year old goes to Greenwith Primary. Also close family friends who've been here many years in Golden Grove, Spring Hill and Wynn Vale.

Sorry can't work out how to quote posts, this is in reply to Wendy's post re work:

"I've tried sa water, united water and united utilities but they don't seem to have anything, have gone to a few recruitment companies ctc, locher, robert walters an maybe a few others I'm no considering any jobs I'd even do cleaning if I had to".

I'm currently a full time mature age student and doing cleaning as a part time job. Mixture of hours, some early morning, some afternoons and some evening which means I have time for studies, or for people hunting for full time jobs in their particular field, they would have time to job hunt and attend interviews etc while still getting some money in.

Guest Fancy a Beer

Glad to see there are a few of us out there, sounds like a meet up at the GG Tavern could be a good idea!!

Always many English voices when at The Village so sure there are many more out there!

Couldnt not reply to this one " fancy a beer "

Im in Wynn Vale and a few of us get down the Golden Grove tavern once a month for a few beers and the usual men chat so give us a shout if you are up for a session. (not to much of one at there prices mind you )

Ian we are planning golf for about three weeks time at sandy creek again. I think there will be 7 of us this time so it could be you semi pros on one t off and the hit and hopers like me on another.

How about a night out on a Friday or Sat this month at the Golden Grove Tavern? Cant make Feb as I'll be in UK

Wendy

Sounds like a plan to us, Golden Grove Tavern is not bad. We are free any Friday this month and most Friday/Saturday's February. Come on Wendy Get it sorted!!!

Mall & Kev

Guest Fancy a Beer
Couldnt not reply to this one " fancy a beer "

Im in Wynn Vale and a few of us get down the Golden Grove tavern once a month for a few beers and the usual men chat so give us a shout if you are up for a session. (not to much of one at there prices mind you )

Ian we are planning golf for about three weeks time at sandy creek again. I think there will be 7 of us this time so it could be you semi pros on one t off and the hit and hopers like me on another.

Where in Kent are you from?? We are from East Sussex originally!

Yeah let me know when you are next going there is a couple of us Expats in Greenwith that would like to come along to a few beers!

You got any vacancies on your golf team?? I play badly most of the time, but always up for a game, mate of mine just started to learn and desperate to get out and about to!