Fortune Teller - am I mad!!!!

Guest Lisado

Hi everyone.

I am going to a fortune teller on Tuesday (20 Jan) - I'm really nervous as I don't go in for this sort of thing and have never been to one before. I am going with my sisters, one who is emigrating to the USA in the next few months.

I dunno what to expect and I think I just want reassurance that coming to OZ is for the best, if house will sell, etc.

Am I mad? :wacko: Did anyone else do this kind of thing? I am obsessed with my stars in the papers as well and I normally never pay attention to these either:goofy:

Lisa

Guest brandyslad
Hi everyone.

I am going to a fortune teller on Tuesday (20 Jan) - I'm really nervous as I don't go in for this sort of thing and have never been to one before. I am going with my sisters, one who is emigrating to the USA in the next few months.

I dunno what to expect and I think I just want reassurance that coming to OZ is for the best, if house will sell, etc.

Am I mad? :wacko: Did anyone else do this kind of thing? I am obsessed with my stars in the papers as well and I normally never pay attention to these either:goofy:

Lisa

LOL I just had this conversation with my cousins yesterday. They went to one. They are soooo popular in Ireland. I have been to 5 or 6 when I was about 18 or 19 and they were all crap I have not been back but a lot of my friends go frequently. There are even two ones round here who talk to the dead apparently. We even have ones who charge upwards of £50 for the privilege. I don't bat an eyelid when someone says they are going to one as it is very common

None of them ever told me anything even slightly relevant. Men in uniform, something about a red car, crossing water, ''some one is ill but they don't know it but they will be ok' and then something about your love life or someone you know is pregnant will all come up!!!

Guest brandyslad

And bring a pen and paper, it is always good for a laugh in a few years when you come across if at the bottom of a drawer. Some of them let you tape them as well. My friend played me one at her house, it was hilarious. All hushed tones and blatant questioning!

Perhaps there are some good ones out there, but I haven't came across them. I even went to one in England who had all these wierd cats! It is such a handy way to make money, like £20 odd for each person and tax free too!!

Guest jimnali

Lol, ive been the same with the tarot. Its a very unsure time, and any little reassurancies seem to give a bit of comfort.

Just take it with a pinch of salt (unless its, really good and then its ALL true) and have fun:D

Ali x

I'm laughing at the replies. My sister said her husband said they always say do you know someone called John and she says well yes she does and her hubby said - everyone knows someone called John ;)

I'll have to keep you posted on what she says - costing £25 - I thought it would be a tenner! There is 4 of us going so thats a £100 straight away. I might have to train to be one in OZ!!!!

Lisa

Guest ReadyPenny

Lisa

Depends on what kind of "fortune teller" they are. My MIL is a spiritualist medium and they work in a totally different way to psychics, palm readers etc. MIL treats this as a religion and does not charge AT ALL for her work. She serves spiritualist churches, giving messages to people who attend the services there. You should look one up in your area, its free, just a donation like a regular church collection £1 or whatever you would normally give. This will give you a taste for good ones and not so good ones, without paying out a small fortune. Also once you have been to one for a reading, you shouldnt go again for at least 6 months.

Be warned, there are some very good ones out there and some total sharks. DO NOT offer any information AT ALL and only respond to their questions with yes or no. If you do not understand something they tell you, or a person they are trying to give to you, tell them so - dont lie to save their feelings.

Dont expect too much either or you will be disappointed. they cannot predict the lottery numbers etc etc but they can provide you with proof that people live on in some way or another after they leave us here. It is not their place to make decisions for you, you have to make them for yourself, but hopefully you will get some guidance and peace of mind.

Enjoy it, I totally believe in it and have a reading every 6 months or so.

Mandy

Hi Mandy - thanks for the words of advice. My grandparents were mediums/faith healers/herbalists so I have always stayed clear of this type of thing but I think I amvnow curious due to us moving. We have got state sponsorship now and its all getting closer and I think I want reassurance.

I wil defos try not to give anything away and will as you say not agree just tosave feelings. Why shouldnt you go within 6 months. Thanks for Mandy

Lisa

Guest ReadyPenny

Lisa

Apparently it's because messages can get "mixed up". Generally speaking, the things they give you only have a life span of about 12 months, after that - forget them. If you go too often you seem to get less as well.

By the way I am not claiming to be an expert or anything like that, I just take great interest in it because of MIL and sometimes it seems people expect too much from these readings.

Please let us know how you get on. I know what you mean I am in the process of arranging one myself for the next couple of weeks. Last one I had was in May and the gentleman asked me "do you have connections with Australia, because if you dont, you soon will". At that time I didnt, but am now 6 weeks from migrating permenantly!

Mandy

I find all of this fascinating ! I always have though my sisters and friends would always attend these things I never would. Though just like you shortly before I moved out here I went to see Derek Acorah (oooo controversial !) and it was in the Glasgow Royal concert hall so no private readings or anything but it was fantastic. There is totally something in it though I believe you have the total fakes who and then there are the real ones. It is definately a gift that some people have - so good luck with you reading.

sjs

Guest hel&sam

i'd love to find a really good one. went to one when i was sixteen he was very good told me he could see blackpool tower but i wasnt going there. me and my friend were going to go to blackpool that summer and ended up going to spain so spooky. then i went to another at 18 with a previous boyfriend and she was sooo good told me i would stay with the next boyfriend etc the next one happended to be my current husband, she also told me about a double fronted white house i would live in. not found it yet but you never know maybe in oz.

i've also been to a couple of crap ones. would love to go to another good one though.

Helen

Guest ReadyPenny

Helen

I do know a really good one, although I think he has now relocated to the Blackburn/Burnley area. Is this too far for you? I also know a reasonable one just outside of Warrington

Mandy

I've read the Tarot for years. I do it as a hobby not for profit. I don't do absent readings though.

People should take what is said with tongue in cheek and not make any decisions on what they tell you. There are many fake mediums out there but there also those who have a true gift. Just be careful!

Guest guest569
I've read the Tarot for years. I do it as a hobby not for profit. I don't do absent readings though.

People should take what is said with tongue in cheek and not make any decisions on what they tell you. There are many fake mediums out there but there also those who have a true gift. Just be careful!

So michelle are you a gifted reader or a fake ??:biglaugh:

Guest becky c

Hi,

I went to one a week before we emigrated. He did a reading by holding my eternity ring, followed by a tarot reading. I actually found it quite unsettling, he didn't ask any questions, just told me things that would happen and said that someone who had died was there. I had it taped, and in the 6 months since I had it done, I haven't listened to it!

I put the negative feeling down to the stress of emigrating and the thought of saying goodbye to everyone, so maybe that clouded the whole thing, but it's not something I'd rush to do again,

Hope you enjoy yours though, I think if I'd gone at any other time I definitely would have enjoyed it more,

Bec x :wubclub:

Guest graandjac
Hi everyone.

Lisa

In a word yes...!!!!!;):P

Guest The Angus Clan

I went to a medium last April . She was brilliant. She told me in detail about a family dispute that was ongoing at the time , but more significantly , she told me (unprompted , as I refused to offer more than a 'yes' or 'no' to anything!) that I had been to Oz and was thinking of living there!!! My cousin , who was more like a brother to me , came through , holding a surfboard and giving me the thumbs up! He has said to go live my dreams , as he was cut short (age 28) and didn't get the chance to live his!

Until that evening , I had never set eyes on the medium before. I offered her no information whatsoever, and she was SO accurate!

I'm also a believer in fate too - whilst walking along a beach in Crail , Fife, in 2006, I stooped to pick up a piece of card from the sand. It was the size of a small ruler, with heavy black print on it. It simply read "AUSTRALIA" !!!!!!!!!!

It's the big night tonight :wideeyed: - I am not feeling as nervous as I was before (mind you, by 8pm I'll be a wreck) I will try not to give anything away but I know what i'm like. I'm just hoping I don't get too spooked with the whole thing.

This woman is supposed to be excellent, so I will keep you all posted ASAP.

I have to say I believe in fate. That was strange about just having the word Australia on the paper. I do feel at the moment, everywhere I look I see references to Australia :)

Lisa

Hi all

Well I went to the fortune teller last night - and she never mentioned anything about Oz - moving abroad etc. :unsure: SHe did mention that I need to change jobs and move out of what I am doing (so maybe in Oz!!). She also said I will be signing a contract with my hubby toward the back of this year, early next year - not sure what contract - a house or selling ours!! She mentioned we would be looking for a mortgage. She said some stuff that she knew which surprised me and other info that I couldnt understand or couldnt see happening.

My sister is emigrating to USA soon and the fortune teller told her she was to move abroad and that she would regret it if she didnt - so my sister was happy with that.

I would go again though I think in the future.

Lisa

Guest ReadyPenny

Lisa

Thanks for the update, having been looking for it this morning, and it has just popped up.

Glad that you were not put off and although nothing mentioned about Oz, she does seem to have got some things right for you at least.

Mandy