Australia Day.

Guest sam2500

Guest Guest75

Fingers crossed we are out on the boat.

Somewhere different this time,fancying getting onto the Port River.Should be plenty of Dolphins to see and perhaps a fish or 2 to catch:D

Kind of fed up with BBQ's and getting drunk at the moment:biglaugh:

Guest Fat Boy Fat
Fingers crossed we are out on the boat.

Somewhere different this time,fancying getting onto the Port River.Should be plenty of Dolphins to see and perhaps a fish or 2 to catch:D

Kind of fed up with BBQ's and getting drunk at the moment:biglaugh:

"Fed up with BBQ's and getting drunk" Sorry your a good mate but thats just

un-Australian and as Liam would say gay. You'll will be eating quiche next.

Have a great day out on that cruise ship you call a small fishing boat and I hope you have more luck than I had the last 4 days at Robe.

We have been invited to my stepdaughter's house in Sheidow Park. She has invited her and her partner's friends and is having a barbeque, beer and cricket. I also get to see my step granddaughter who is ten weeks old - so it should be young, lively and fun. Enjoy, whatever you are doing.

Guest Guest75
"Fed up with BBQ's and getting drunk" Sorry your a good mate but thats just

un-Australian and as Liam would say gay. You'll will be eating quiche next.

Have a great day out on that cruise ship you call a small fishing boat and I hope you have more luck than I had the last 4 days at Robe.

:P:p

I can get drunk and BBq any time though!!!

Just giving ma system a rest.

Mind you I reckon it will be packed on the launch ramps - hopefully I don't have a fit of "Ramp Rage" again!

Just looking for a hooooge Aussie flag to tie onto the boat.

Apart from the fishing did you enjoy Robe again??

I was wondering how you were going.

We'll have to get out there soon - Snappers are in !!!

Guest cornish Busdriver

In not english or australian, im Cornish so mates in work call me the Cornish-Aussie or an adopted aussie so were off for a few hours fishing then back to bruce's place for a bbq and party.

On Sunday we are going to a BBQ where we will be eating crocodile, emu, roo and camel and not telling anyone what the meat is!!! :D:arghh:

On Monday, we are going to the Australian Day Breakfast at Willunga and in the evening going to Christies Beach to watch the fireworks.

Guest katsmajic

Its my lil girls Bday - so its all down to her what we do - she hasnt asked for a party etc so as it stands we have no idea what were doing yet..:unsure::err:

most likely a nice chilled beach day and a bbq, and off to Christies for the fireworks.

Guest guest569
dont know what we are doing yet :D

dont forget your supposed to have lamb :)

That reminds me of a tv ad when we arrived in o5'

"don't be a wa/*#r ! eat lamb on Australia day !!" ON PRIME TIME TV !!!!!:biglaugh:

We'll be on Moana beach as normal. Have a great day what ever you all choose. ( EVEN THE ENGLISH PETE!!):P

Hi to all on the sunny side,

Just wondering what you've all got planned to celebrate Australia day ?

Sue David Sam:jimlad:

Its our lil girls birthday so we will have that to celebrate also I am going to celebrate the opportunity that this great country has given us, but we must not forget the original aboriginal people who used to roam this land many years ago before anyone else had discovered it this sunburnt land.

All in all have a great day boys and girls.;)

On Sunday we are going to a BBQ where we will be eating crocodile, emu, roo and camel and not telling anyone what the meat is!!! :D:arghh:

On Monday, we are going to the Australian Day Breakfast at Willunga and in the evening going to Christies Beach to watch the fireworks.

we are hopefully going to the breakfast as my cousins hubster is playing in a band there.If we go down might meet u down there. Thats if i feel up to it then watch some of tour down under. Off to a barbie in afternoon, but all this depends on how i feel may just pop to barbie and wont be drinking either will make up for it next year lol

Guest sam2500
Hi to all on the sunny side,

Just wondering what you've all got planned to celebrate Australia day ?

Sue David Sam:jimlad:

hi as you all get up in Australia, happy Australia day:) you are so lucky !

Guest Guest75

Happy Oz Day to you too.

Hopefully the time is coming soon when you can celebrate it here!!!:)

Guest Fat Boy Fat

Thanks just leaving for a BBQ at mates place. It's a great day, hot with a little wind ( a bit like Tyke ).

I will have a drink to everybody waiting to get here. It will be your turn soon and I really hope you find life here as great as I do.

Guest rockpool crab

guy-jumping-off-pier.jpg

guy-jumping-off-pier1.jpg

guy-jumping-off-pier2.jpg

our-wee-set-up.jpg

We started off our "australian day" in Glenelg. I thought it was hurling thongs..but it turned out they were lilo's shaped as thongs..they were trying to break some world record. Apparently they sold 85 lilo's last year and this year they sold out!..so it must have been a record even in that respect.

The guys leaping off the jetty were just too scarey to watch..but I've attached a few photos..that guy was soooooo close to cracking his napper off the side ..but he made it....with many gasps from the crowds! It's the busiest I've seen Glenelg beach since we got here but I'm not always "up" that way.

We had a great day..hit Moana beach after Glenelg and had our usual family fun time in the sea with a ball ....and had a great time in the sea playing two a sides at throwing the ball..but there's a trick to timing it with the waves and catching it just so ..and then it bounces over the heads of the other players and that constitutes a goal...what a laugh it is as some of the waves are huuuuuge and you just get ragdolled...been dekegged a few times..ooer.

All in all a fantastic day out...SA is HEAPS GOOD!..I love it

TTFN...Carol Ann

Guest rockpool crab

Glenelg beach. So busy mind you...so many "young folk"...that's one of the reason's we headed off..if you're "that age"..it's just fantastic. Still glad I went though..but we love Moana beach and had a great family time there later as it wasn't quite so busy.

Hope you had a fab Ozzy day too!

Carol Ann

Guest rockpool crab
We were on Moana all day from 10 am. Was the busiest i've ever seen it. had fun out on the jet ski . Kept nipping off down to Port Noarlunga to cool off !!:o

Hiya

We didn't get to Moana till about 4pm..jeez it was still rooooooooooooasting at that time. But what a laff we had. That seaweed mind you..never seen that before..just must have been the way the surf was swelling in and out. I never sawq any jet ski's :-( but then..I just wasn't watching for them!..sounds fab though!!!

Moana beach was busy too...but thought as the sand was "soft" the car side of it didn't look so busy.. we were up the other end. Fab day..just love the beach...never really been huge beach folk on holibobs...spain, portugal, blah blah..but for some reason we're there just about every day! Bring it on..never felt happier.

TTFN..Carol Ann

Guest sam2500

Hi Carol Ann,

Thanks for the great photos!

Looks like you all had a smashing day!

just when we were discussing what an up hill struggle it all is to be going to the sunny side, ( fly out from manchester 21st Feb, but you will know what we are up against having been there ), trust someone like yourself to make us realise WHY.

MY son is the same, not keen on the beach, ( sand getting into delicate places and all that)!, but loves the water and just playing out, so he will be in his element.:)

I think it is so long that we have had some proper sunny day's, and it's true it does make you feel better in the sun.

Hope to catch up with you all soon.

Thanks again, such a tonic!! :daydreaming:

Sue David Sam :jimlad:

Guest rockpool crab
Hi Carol Ann,

Thanks for the great photos!

Looks like you all had a smashing day!

just when we were discussing what an up hill struggle it all is to be going to the sunny side, ( fly out from manchester 21st Feb, but you will know what we are up against having been there ), trust someone like yourself to make us realise WHY.

MY son is the same, not keen on the beach, ( sand getting into delicate places and all that)!, but loves the water and just playing out, so he will be in his element.

I think it is so long that we have had some proper sunny day's, and it's true it does make you feel better in the sun.

Hope to catch up with you all soon.

Thanks again, such a tonic!!

Sue David Sam :jimlad:

It's a fantastic place for your family. We've never been closer since we got here. But..it's difficult on a temporary visa (which we are) and we still don't have jobs. BUT I'm confident it'll happen. We had to pay 9 months rent in advance to secure the rental we wanted..which is still a 40 minute drive away from the city..which isn't great. But I love Port Noarlunga and I'm willing to take the hit for the jobs. Now that I know I have my long term rental I may well concentrate on jobs which are south of the city which would cut my travelling to 25 minutes ....well worth it.

We've only been here 5 weeks and feel we've achieved so much already but we've had a fair bit of cash behind us..but our house is still renting back in Scotland..so we have all that hassle..but it may well work in our favour in the long run..once the recession lifts....who knows how long that will take ..but we have good tennants and I'm happy with the way it's all shaping up.

As I say...SA IS HEAPS GOOD!!!..living the dream. As far as I'm concerned my preconptions of Australia have not let me down.

I just hope we get jobs and make it work!!!..KEY to the whole process..lol..ach..I'll think up something to make money if needs be. "Auto spray sun screen on beach!"..Walk in..pay's your money..and all over spray.

Pah..they just roll off..lol...one day I'll think one up that is useful!!

TTFN... Carol Ann