Hot hot hot!!!!!!!!!!

Guest SA Great

Guest SA Great

Just to let all of you UK people know we are in for an absolute stinker this week!!! The next 7 days all over 35C (95F) and 3 of those days 41C (106F). There really isn't a lot you can do apart from cool off in the sea! So if all the news of this credit crunch is getting you down, just think what you have to look forward to!!

Bring it on!!!!!

Just to let all of you UK people know we are in for an absolute stinker this week!!! The next 7 days all over 35C (95F) and 3 of those days 41C (106F). There really isn't a lot you can do apart from cool off in the sea! So if all the news of this credit crunch is getting you down, just think what you have to look forward to!!

Bring it on!!!!!

Thanks and here's me freezing my chebs off (Yorkshire saying) over here.

Still I can always put on another coat. Does your skin come with velcro fastenings? :wacko:

Enjoy

Howard.

Guest SA Great
Thanks and here's me freezing my chebs off (Yorkshire saying) over here.

Still I can always put on another coat. Does your skin come with velcro fastenings? :wacko:

Enjoy

Howard.

Yes Chebs is definitely a new one to me!!!!!

I like the velcro fastening idea though!! To be honest it can get a bit much but as long as you hit the beach and have air con in your car and at home it's generally not a problem.

Guest Guest75

:biglaugh: Never heard the word "Chebs" - great one have to try that word on ma mates!

I'm from Leeds and never heard of the word.

"Man bits" is far more direct - often bet them over here:biglaugh:

Often call ...no better not do,I've bin drinking.

:biglaugh: Never heard the word "Chebs" - great one have to try that word on ma mates!

I'm from Leeds and never heard of the word.

"Man bits" is far more direct - often bet them over here:biglaugh:

Often call ...no better not do,I've bin drinking.

Not surprised Tyke, as we put fish or chips in a teacake in Bradford and you say breadcake. (We both say butty).

And yes I've had the argument about teacakes having currents in them. But as I say they are called current teacakes. If there are no currents in them.....what are they called?.....teacakes. Simple.

Enjoy the booze, it's Sunday afternoon over here and I'm still getting over last nights boozing.

All the best

Howard.

Bring it on!!!!!

Oh to be there in the middle of your stinker! I am freezing in front of the fire , although I have no chebs, if I did they would be frozen!!

Roll on this time next year when I'm on that side.

It is certainley Grim Up North today:sad:

Guest vixpinkbabe
Not surprised Tyke, as we put fish or chips in a teacake in Bradford and you say breadcake. (We both say butty).

And yes I've had the argument about teacakes having currents in them. But as I say they are called current teacakes. If there are no currents in them.....what are they called?.....teacakes. Simple.

Enjoy the booze, it's Sunday afternoon over here and I'm still getting over last nights boozing.

All the best

Howard.

Hi Howard,

Just looking at your timeline... you're about a month before me... I'm really hoping we get picked soon! You should be in the next week or so I would have thought... as they said 13th Febraury... and you were August!! x

Hi Howard,

Just looking at your timeline... you're about a month before me... I'm really hoping we get picked soon! You should be in the next week or so I would have thought... as they said 13th Febraury... and you were August!! x

Yes lets hope so.

I still have to sort the house out and get it on the market yet! I had two extentions put on before we decided to emigrate and I still have some little snagging jobs to complete before it goes up. I'm hoping that, living in a still desirable area will mean that we can find a buyer, as I have noticed that properties are still moving around here. (We live in a village called Clayton, just outside Bradford, towards Bronte country)

Best of luck

Howard.

Guest vixpinkbabe
Yes lets hope so.

I still have to sort the house out and get it on the market yet! I had two extentions put on before we decided to emigrate and I still have some little snagging jobs to complete before it goes up. I'm hoping that, living in a still desirable area will mean that we can find a buyer, as I have noticed that properties are still moving around here. (We live in a village called Clayton, just outside Bradford, towards Bronte country)

Best of luck

Howard.

Good luck with it all. I'm now fed up of living in limboland. I have letters coming in from the estate agents asking if we want to sign the lease for another 6 months, Sky TV are asking us if we're renewing, as are BT. Questions I don't even know the answer to myself. I'm really looking forward to knowing one way or another. I bet you are feeling the same x

Sorry to have a rant. I just really hope now that DIAC have said 13th Feb they can stick to it as they have got all of our hopes up x

Guest Guest75

All the best

Howard.

:biglaugh:

The old "Breadcake" argument!!!

Actually we used Flatcakes.

I was in the chippy game for years (REAL Fish and chips with dripping)

We always served flatcakes rather than those fluffy,horrible things.:biglaugh:

The old "Breadcake" argument!!!

Actually we used Flatcakes.

I was in the chippy game for years (REAL Fish and chips with dripping)

We always served flatcakes rather than those fluffy,horrible things.:biglaugh:

I'll have fish and chips done the proper way (in dripping) on a flatcake any day mate. Can't stand these chippys that use frozen fish and cook everything in oil. Yuk!!!!

At least breadcakes and teacakes make sense, but where the eck do the queer ones over the Pennines get balm cakes from?

Guest Guest75
I'll have fish and chips done the proper way (in dripping) on a flatcake any day mate. Can't stand these chippys that use frozen fish and cook everything in oil. Yuk!!!!

At least breadcakes and teacakes make sense, but where the eck do the queer ones over the Pennines get balm cakes from?

And Eccles Cakes.!!!

This is making me seriously hungry!!!!

Guest Guest75
We call em flies graveyards.

Still hungry?.................................................

Come to think of it.................I'm hungry now!

I can hear bacon butties on the go - and smell em' too.

With tomato dip - and we get a type of flat cake here.:)