~~Heatwave-How you coping so far?~~

Guest Jamie&Carrie

Guest Jamie&Carrie

First day of the Adelaide heatwave and that lovely dry heat is indeed a nad basher... :arghh:

I can feel the hot air rushing through my nostrils as I breathe when outside. I would say when the mercury finally hits 41+ then only go out if you really really need to!

I hope its cools down the week after cos me and Caz will be moving/arguing/bickering-whatever you wanna call it, into our new abode in Toorak Gardens! :swoon:

Guest Libby1971

In short, the heat is sh*t and I feel like cr*p as a result. I hate excessive heat, I have a headache (yes I am pretty sure it is dehydration but the thought of drinking any more water makes me feel sick) and start back at work tomorrow in an office without air con. :arghh:

On the plus side, it is not cold and wet and the colours of blue and gold are very vibrant (Gra, did you pick up on that little positivity? LOL)

Guest Rob and Clare

I'm in an office and I have a fleece on... It's freezing.... I can't believe how cold aussies like it....

I can see the sun through the window but can't feel it...

Guest HugePedlar

It's not so bad, really. I used to hate the heat back in Blighty, but it was humid there. Mid 20s in England were more unpleasant than high 30s here. I can't do anything quickly though - I'm walking around like an old man.

Guest Martin and Val

Yes it's hot but I love it. I may not say that after a few days but at the moment yes please I love it.

42 this morning and still 42 this afternoon in my garden.

Time to get in the28_1_1.gif

Martin

Poor Libby - it is horrible when the heat gives you a headache and how dare they not have air conditioning on at work - what's the matter with them?! I can't believe how hot it is out there and I do have the air conditioning on, but still I feel hot! Good advice Rachel, it doesn't get much slower than this for me...

For all of you in the UK waiting to come over, this is it!

Guest Jamie&Carrie
Yes it's hot but I love it. I may not say that after a few days but at the moment yes please I love it.

42 this morning and still 42 this afternoon in my garden.

Time to get in the28_1_1.gif

Martin

42???????? :elvis:

Should have been 41!! LOL! Yes that 1 degree can make all the difference...

I guess for those living in the foothills it will be cooler tonight with that wind they get coming off the gully.... :huh:

Guest HugePedlar

We were putting up a gazebo the other weekend when it was mid thirties. The framework was black metal, and after just a few minutes in the sun we couldn't touch it any more - had to wear gloves, which is tricky when handling screws.

Guest redfoxy

you poor thing !! i feel sorry for you !!

Yes the heat can be **** but if you are lucky enough to have air con at work and in car its copable with !! Still who wants snow and howling winds

I work at Marion shopping Centre in a very nice shop which has air con BUT today of all days I was thinking that the car park would be empty as all the kids back at school and mums at home having a rest etc so I was sure I would be able to park under cover. NO, BIG MISTAKE, HUGE everyone must have been at Marion today. I had to park the car outside in the heat for 3 hours and boy was it hot when I got in it to come home. It took 15 minutes to cool down. So grateful to be at home now in my lovely cool house which luckily does not get to hot.

I just got home from work ............. it's 40 degrees at work ................ INSIDE!!! No aircon just a piddly little fan, and because of the job I do I've had to have gloves on all day and heavy safety boots ............ my feet are killing me now.

We're all going to start work at 5.30am for the rest of the week to see if it makes a difference. You'd think after 18 years here I would be used to it.

I just got home from work ............. it's 40 degrees at work ................ INSIDE!!! No aircon just a piddly little fan, and because of the job I do I've had to have gloves on all day and heavy safety boots ............ my feet are killing me now.

We're all going to start work at 5.30am for the rest of the week to see if it makes a difference. You'd think after 18 years here I would be used to it.

Bet you smell lovely when you get home!!!:)