hepatitis B for kids?

sue2oz

Had to give my red record book into the doctors for the kids immunisation record and the nurse has phoned me back to say they need to have the hepatitis B shot.

we have been here since november and i havent come across a thread asking for info on this?

Has any of your child/children had it and are they ok after it, thanks in advance:unsure:

sue xxx

Had to give my red record book into the doctors for the kids immunisation record and the nurse has phoned me back to say they need to have the hepatitis B shot.

we have been here since november and i havent come across a thread asking for info on this?

Has any of your child/children had it and are they ok after it, thanks in advance:unsure:

sue xxx

Yeah my youngest son had to have it. If you want to claim child care benefit, their injections have to be up to date as per the aussie schedule.

Matthew was fine...no after effects that i can remember

Hi there

As has already been said the Hep b vaccine is routinely given here at birth (followed by two further doses), due to the close proximity to Asia - this is only done with parental consent. They do have you over a barrel though as Lorraine rightly said future child benefit payments can be withheld if vaccinations are not uptodate. Hep B was given to babies in the UK who were deemed high risk of possible infection - ie babies who had a parent from Asia or babies of drug addicts. If you need to get your child immunised go to the vaccination clinics rather than your GP where a cost would probably be incurred http://www.cyh.com/HealthTopics/HealthTopicCategories.aspx?&p=303 Try ringing these folks (the equivalent of Health Visitors here), some useful info on the site too.

Lindsey

yeah my son has had his and what a nightmare we have had. We dont get alot of childcare benefit but they did stop it until it was sorted out. The immunisation register also insisted he have his last dose in nov butas i sadi and gp said its not due until feb. so they were threatening to stop it again. I had to get gp to ring them in end and its been a huge ballsup to be honest. Gp said they have no amount of problems with people new to aus trying to play catch up to aus system.

I do believe you can elect to not have it but you again have to go tp gp and fill a form in. But if its not written down in black and white i have a feeling people on other end of phone are either A stupid or b dont know how to read grey areas and make any decisions, sorry for having a rant but it took about 20 phone calls, and faxes from practice manager and gp calls to sort it out and it was in my opinion a complete waste of resourses. Any responsible parent will decide what is best for their child, but they dont even give you a flipping resonable time frame to do it!!!

and breath.......:biglaugh:

Hi there

I only have my red book for my daughter, dunno where my son's is. They will both have dickie fits if I have to get them an injection - I will be taking to the wine that day :wacko:

Lisa

Guest massive

Hi Yep my little fella had his first one he also had to have sningles/chicken pox :sad: he wasn't happy , even worse the Gp hasn't forwarded the info to medicare so not only did I have him in tears we still haven't got his nursery fees sorted .

I am sending him with his dad for the next one good luck anyway sue

debbie

Hi Yep my little fella had his first one he also had to have sningles/chicken pox :sad: he wasn't happy , even worse the Gp hasn't forwarded the info to medicare so not only did I have him in tears we still haven't got his nursery fees sorted .

I am sending him with his dad for the next one good luck anyway sue

debbie

yes they said something about a chicken pox shot but mine have had them(chicken pox) so they dont need to get that one.

I hate taking them for needles but its for their own good i surposse oh well will book them in today, thanks guys xxxxxxxx

Guest kfoley0681

oh my god i never knew you had to get it done i claim child tax benifit and childcare benifit and they didnt ask me about vaxcines! better get them done before they stop the benifits!!!

My kids are 8 and 12 - will they make them have it? I don't claim anything yet - but pr isn't far away.

i dont know about that nick, first i heard was that if my kids arent up to date with their needles our money mite stop so i phoned them up and they said to get intouch with our dr show the kids red books which i did and the nurse fone back to tell me what shots :shocked:they require

i have 2 other boys but i never mentioned them:shocked:

will try and ventre over to the dr's in this heat 2mrw and find out whats whats:biglaugh:

sue xxx

Guest caoimhe
Will you let us know - if you find out anything

Cheers

Nick

c

I would be intested to know that as well. We are only on a temp visa so not getting any money from anywhere for them to stop it but for the kids well being if its necessary it would need to be done.

Is it all ages?

I would be intested to know that as well. We are only on a temp visa so not getting any money from anywhere for them to stop it but for the kids well being if its necessary it would need to be done.

Is it all ages?

i dont know jac i never told them about sam and louis my 2 oldest will find out 2mrw

will asked at the dr's 2mrw for you and nic ok jac

sue xxx

Guest massive

Hi Jac an Nick

My friend is on a 457 visa and her little girl has had them done I think it for their own well being as it doesn't seem to matter what your visa is they get them done free of charge . However my 11year old doesn't need to have them I think the doctor said it only applies to under 8 but just check it out

cheers Debbie

My kids are 8 and 12 - will they make them have it? I don't claim anything yet - but pr isn't far away.

will you be claiming childcare benfit if kids go to after school care etc? to claim any of these benefits family assistance as well your child has to be on the immunisation register, which the gp sorts out. If there are any injections they havent had mine hadnt had chickenpox or hep b they cab stop payments if not up to date. just take red book to gp and get them put on for now. If you use any form of approved childcare they are also supposed to be on the register .

will you be claiming childcare benfit if kids go to after school care etc? to claim any of these benefits family assistance as well your child has to be on the immunisation register, which the gp sorts out. If there are any injections they havent had mine hadnt had chickenpox or hep b they cab stop payments if not up to date. just take red book to gp and get them put on for now. If you use any form of approved childcare they are also supposed to be on the register .

That makes sense babes . My kids are getting too old for osch now - not cool and trendy!

Might get them to have it though as a precaution. I'll leave it up to their dad to sort out!:wacko:

they only show up on the computer system until they are 8. Jack could have got away without having it but seeing that all the others were I thought it only fair that he have it too!!! also for his own good. So basically once they are over 8 it is up to you.

thats what the immunisation nurse at work told me anyway

HTH

they only show up on the computer system until they are 8. Jack could have got away without having it but seeing that all the others were I thought it only fair that he have it too!!! also for his own good. So basically once they are over 8 it is up to you.

thats what the immunisation nurse at work told me anyway

HTH

argghh that probly explains why there havent been lots of people on here talking about it was suprised myself. Personally i wouldnt worry about hep b too much. I think its as lynz said being so near asia. In uk they only givde this inj to health care workers, iv drug abusers and prostitutes lol.