44 degrees today!

Guest cazzie

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sarahsmartiepants

Get down the beach Cazzie with a shade, dip in and out and out of the sea, that will keep you cool.;)

Its 28 in the house at the mo, 32.5 in the garden, just took a swim in the pool, heated to 27, i am now typing away feeling a bit chilly!!

Get down the beach Cazzie with a shade, dip in and out and out of the sea, that will keep you cool.;)

Its 28 in the house at the mo, 32.5 in the garden, just took a swim in the pool, heated to 27, i am now typing away feeling a bit chilly!!

Hello Sarah, I hope you are ok and not too cold there! Yes, I am going to get out of bed in a minute (I keep telling myself that!) and I am going to talk a walk to the beach and have an early morning swim - something I have never done. Have a great day Sarah.

Hello Skellysgirl,

Not showing off really, but i guess it seems like it. No, just amazed at how hot is really is. After living in England all of my life, this heat is a force to be reckoned with and a real surprise. I guess I will get used to it though!

i know, its just like aww...man its cold, dark and miserable here...i meant no offence

Hey, no offence taken, honestly. I guess it must seem like rubbing it in when it is cold over there and sorry if it is. One day you will be here experiencing this heat and you wil know what I mean. I guess when you have experienced this heat a few times, the novelty might wear off, but for me, it is new, exciting and I quite like it. I have to say though, that I always hated the early, dark nights and the cold of January in England - I found it very depressing, so being here with blue skies and sunshine is a very refreshing change. However, English blue skies and those crisp, frosty mornings and the Autumn leaves are all gorgeous and I do miss them.

Chin up, it will soon be spring.

:)

Guest Martin and Val

Currently 37 in the garden and 32 in the pool, not much relief there.

So I think a very short walk on the beach followed by a swim, but don't tell Val as she's at work and it's a bit unfair!!!!:biglaugh:

Martin

Guest Rob and Clare
Currently 37 in the garden and 32 in the pool, not much relief there.

So I think a very short walk on the beach followed by a swim, but don't tell Val as she's at work and it's a bit unfair!!!!:biglaugh:

Martin

I think that's unfair for everyone at work....:biglaugh: I want to go swimming.

Guest Libby1971

I am dying here. I had a fan on last night and that was worse than useless. The aircon is on 24/7 from now on. Some poor woman rang the radio station this morning saying that it was 49.2 degrees where she lived (800kms north of Adelaide). That's obscene.

Some of us don't have pools - yet!!! And some of us are at work, so can't pop off down the beach, and by the time we get home tonight will be on the brink of death anyway so going to the beach may cause drowning!!!!!!

I hope I have made you feel suitably guilty...:P:biglaugh:

I am dying here. I had a fan on last night and that was worse than useless. The aircon is on 24/7 from now on. Some poor woman rang the radio station this morning saying that it was 49.2 degrees where she lived (800kms north of Adelaide). That's obscene.

Some of us don't have pools - yet!!! And some of us are at work, so can't pop off down the beach, and by the time we get home tonight will be on the brink of death anyway so going to the beach may cause drowning!!!!!!

Yes Libby, I do feel suitably guilty, but oh that early morning swim in the sea was just fantastic - a great way to cool down. We non-workers have to do something to cool off, it's not our fault that we have time to kill and an inviting sea to dip in. Mind you, we haven't got a pool either, so you are not alone there. As for Suzer not having air conditioning - oh my God! I would definitely be on the brink of death without it. Suzer, you must move house - now!

:)

Guest lee and joanne

We have been waiting since 15th December for our new pool to arrive. They came this morning to start and only lasted three hours. Expecting them at 6 tomorrow morning. Can't wait to dive in. Thank god we had A/C installed two weeks ago.

Hot but loving it,

Jo,Lee and the boys x

I did my first 2 years here in a 2 bedroomed unit that had no heating or cooling! We only had a fan and I used to tie a cold wet tea towel to the front of it while it was blowing. No it didn't make much difference but I had to try anything. Now we go round our friends pools after work to cool down. Yay!

I did my first 2 years here in a 2 bedroomed unit that had no heating or cooling! We only had a fan and I used to tie a cold wet tea towel to the front of it while it was blowing. No it didn't make much difference but I had to try anything. Now we go round our friends pools after work to cool down. Yay!

It makes me feel so much better to know I'm not the only one...:swoon:

It makes me feel so much better to know I'm not the only one...:swoon:

My mrs ( Katsmajic ) has just txt me and she says its over 50 deg in the kitchen @ Oscars it wnt go any higher as 50 is the highest setting.

Were meeting her on the beach afta picking kids up from school, she gonna have quick dip in he sea on her break.

My mum and I went for dip @ Moana this morning afta i dropped kids off at school, it was lovely.

Guest graandjac

Sorry Libby just off to the beach for the 2nd time today done my 2k swim now to play with the kids:biglaugh:

Guest guest569
come on Bob stop scare mongering.....it just said it was 45.5 today the 3rd hottest day in Adelaide ever.....:P

:D Ok whats .5 of a degree between friends ??

I've only got home to find my solar has been left on and the pool is 35 !!!!!!:arghh: