Feel rather sad today

andy and lindsey

As the title says! My mum, sister, her partner and my new nephew (whom I have never met before) were due to arrive in Adelaide (for their first visit) tomorrow and their flights have been cancelled due to the horrific weather in the UK at the moment. Luckily they have managed to rearrange them, so rather than arriving tomorrow they will arrive next Tuesday but I was so looking forward to meeting them at the airport tomorrow - guess I'll just have to hold my excitment until next Tuesday! Does look rather horrific on the news though! The whole of the UK ground to a halt.

Lindsey

Guest ReadyPenny

Yes, the weather has ground us to a bit of a halt these last few days!! A bit of snows falls and good old blighty can't cope. Mayor of London reckons we cant afford to invest in snow ploughs as this "freak" weather only comes every 20 years! He mustn't have heard of global warming and the fact that this is how it is likely to be every year from now on!!!!

Sorry about the delays for your family, but, its better to have them late and safe than risk the dangers encountered at Airports here yesterday.

Mandy

Yes its only a week and I've waited 17 months so another week wont make much difference but I guess I'd psyched myself up to seeing them. Initially they were told that there flights back would have to stay the same, which would have meant a week and a half here but my sister carried on like a good un they have managed to get them an extra week! Roll on Tuesday!:D

I have just had a phone call to help in picking up some passengers arriving from the UK tomorrow (Wednesday). They are flying Quantas, and after checking the website found that the plane left London on Monday night bound for Singapore just 45 minutes late, so I hope your relatives have not given mis information.

Nest week will soon be here.

Yes its only a week and I've waited 17 months so another week wont make much difference but I guess I'd psyched myself up to seeing them. Initially they were told that there flights back would have to stay the same, which would have meant a week and a half here but my sister carried on like a good un they have managed to get them an extra week! Roll on Tuesday!:D

thats fab news that they have thier full stay.well done to your sister. this week will fly past in no time.;)

kathx

Guest Lulujim

Poor you - I know what it's like when you get excited about something for so long - and a week isn't a big deal - but still feels really disappointing. Well done to your sister though - you'll have such a great time and this week'll fly by!