is this a huntsman???

Dawn&Andy

ok so i went to shut the window tonight in dining room and this was sat on the fly screen on the window, hubby had to go move it so i could close the window and it ran onto the window frame. Its the first big spider ive seen in the 10 months we have been here so just wanted to check what it was

spider.jpg

Guest Guest75

It's a Huntsman.

They love sitting in any breeze in the hope of catching flies.

They are a bit thick and don't realise they are often on the wrong side of the fly screen!!!:biglaugh::wacko:

i was very brave but only cos it was on the other side of the window to were i was lol or id have screamed like a baby :) and thank god for long lenses on camera or you wouldnt have seen this pic lol im kinda glad ive finally seen one now and at least he didnt scare the pants off me so hopefully the next one i see i will be ok about it

hes gone now aint seen him since that nite, as long as hes not hiding in my knicker drawer i dont mind where he is lol

i was very brave but only cos it was on the other side of the window to were i was lol or id have screamed like a baby :) and thank god for long lenses on camera or you wouldnt have seen this pic lol im kinda glad ive finally seen one now and at least he didnt scare the pants off me so hopefully the next one i see i will be ok about it

hes gone now aint seen him since that nite, as long as hes not hiding in my knicker drawer i dont mind where he is lol

He wnt go any where near there Dawn, even Andy has passed comment that he aint allowed near your nickers ;):biglaugh:.

Guest graandjac
Ah bless! We killed ours - made yours look like a youngster -was told we shouldn't have done as they keep the red backs away

Well iam starting to think this is an urburn mith:unsure:, as the ozzys i speak to say its the White tips that eat the red backs , and we have a huge red back out side that right now has a 3in huntsman all wrapped up in its web, or has the worm turned:wacko:

Can we have it please.....We lost ours a while back....and the house dnt feel the same without Hunty around.

We will look after him and show him lots of love and affection.

I agree with you Heaps.....our Hunty that greeted us when we moved in seems to have gone walkies!!!! Come home Boris.

Huntsmen are not nearly as frightening as you think, at least they are easily spotted!!!!

Simon:D

Huntsman spiders rock! Haven't seen a our big chap for a while, I imagine he's hiding out in the kids cubby waiting to give them another nasty surprise!

I'd rather have a huntsman than a white tip any day. Have just discovered loads of baby white tips in our daughter's bedroom and dotted around and about! Eek, am guessing they're not as aggressive as adults but will grow bigger of course, yuck.

:arghh::arghh::arghh: