CO Allocated!

Guest Lisajonesey

Guest Lisajonesey

Hi Everyone..

I know there is a lot of us applying under teh 475 state sponsored visa... (one of the ones that are being processed as priority at the ASPC currently...)

I just wanted anyone waiting for a case officer, that we were allocated one this morning, and asked to go for our meds and police checks.

We submitted our e-visa on 18th Nov 2008, just to give you an idea of time frames...

We went for our medicals on 12th Jan 2009 (we didn't want to wait) but I think there is a backlog at the Sydney processing centre, as Adelaide still hasn't recieved acknowledgement! (and our tracking page hasn't been updated)

So.. just the police checks to get sorted..

Fingers crossed it'll be sorted soon!

Lisa.xx

Yet another step closer. Congrats on getting the CO. Its always good to know someone somewhere is sorting stuff out for you ready for the decission maker. I'm sure once those PCs are done you'll be here in no time.

Pete

Guest Lisajonesey

Thanks! - Getting all over excited now!!

I'm having difficulty figureing out what to do for the Police Checks.. anyone got any advise??

I found 1 form but its for the Aussie Police force. I would have thought our local police station in the UK would have done the checks??? What has everyone else done???

Thank you for your help!!

Lisa.xxx

Guest ReadyPenny

You need to download the forms from the ACPO Website here in the uk and they cost £35 per person. You have to post them though with a passport photo, you cant do em online

Mandy

Guest brandyslad

http://www.acpo.police.uk/certificates.asp

We sent ours on Thursday, they rang me Monday morning to check which country I wanted them for as I had listed UK instead of Australia, Duh! so make sure you put your contact number on it as they will ring to check anything, she was very nice. They seem to come through pretty quick, they quote 10 working days.

Make sure and get your photos certified, a teacher did ours for free. and Good Luck!

P.s I just sent them 1st class, not recorded or anything.

Guest Lisajonesey

Thanks everyone for your help!..

Will get them completed tonight and send.. I wonder how quickly this will all go through... - We have no ties, and are renting, so as soon as we get the visa, we can put our notice in and go... I can't wait.. looking at the weather though over there.. 40oC plus everyday - Yikes.. might take some getting used to!!!

:swoon:

Guest HelenAndSiggi
Thats great news, this is the quickest one I've heard, good for you. Anyone heard if Helen and Siggi have any progress on their visa yet? I may have missed this but they applied in Jan 08 and last I heard they hadn't got their visa.

Hi Denise,

YES! We have a CO now. I have to send another translated certificate to the ASPC and hopefully the visa will be granted very soon.

I am actually flying to Oz on a tourist visa next Tuesday (Job interview). I couldn't wait any longer, so I had booked my flight. First to Sydney then Adelaide a week later. Helen will follow later. It would be great to meet up with you guys.

All the best,

Siggi

Guest Dave & Carole

CONGRATULATIONS - Looks like you are really there!!!

Nice to know things are moving along on the 475's - but def think there is an element of lottery in it as our application went in Aug '08. Hopefully we'll be joining you soon.

Thats brilliant news, I really felt for you both when we all got our visa's before you, I bet you can't wait to get that god damn visa in your passport!! Are you staying in Adelaide and activating your visa from their or will you return home when it arrives and then head back out??

Which ever way, I'm just glad its on its way, I must tell lulujim the good news!

Hi Denise,

YES! We have a CO now. I have to send another translated certificate to the ASPC and hopefully the visa will be granted very soon.

I am actually flying to Oz on a tourist visa next Tuesday (Job interview). I couldn't wait any longer, so I had booked my flight. First to Sydney then Adelaide a week later. Helen will follow later. It would be great to meet up with you guys.

All the best,

Siggi

Hi Siggi,, that post above was for you! I fortot to say who it was for:wacko:

Guest HelenAndSiggi
Thats brilliant news, I really felt for you both when we all got our visa's before you, I bet you can't wait to get that god damn visa in your passport!! Are you staying in Adelaide and activating your visa from their or will you return home when it arrives and then head back out??

Which ever way, I'm just glad its on its way, I must tell lulujim the good news!

Hi Denise, it is very likely that I have to leave Australia in order to activate my visa. Unless the 475 will arrive before Tuesday. Well, I always wanted to visit to NZ anyway. Helen will hate me for that. :-)