Special thoughts please............

Guest Guest75

Guest dunnarunna

its terrible, if the fires in gippsland last week werent bad enough with people losing their homes, now people have lost their lives too. we have friends that live close to there and kinglake is a place we were thinking of moving to before we decided on adelaide.

donna

The vidoes are stark, horrific and sobering beyond imagination.

I have just come off the phone with my bestie who lives near there. Her son - who only turned 16 in December - spent eight hours fighting the fires yesterday and came back to tell his mum that he'd seen a dead body. As her son came back, her husband took his turn out there. I can only feel awe and pride at knowing such fine Australians.

All my prayers and love flies out there, as well as my hopes that this will be over soon and with fewer deaths than they are apparently anticipating.

Caroline.

Just been watching the news. 65 people dead is now the current total. It is just shocking and so sad to see how much devastation has happened in these areas.

God Bless them, the families and firefighters and all caught up in this disaster are in my prayers.

Judi

Its terrible isn't it! Just seeing the people on the news who have lost everything and are worried about their friends makes you think...............

Hope there are no more casualties and the fire is brought under control soon.

Thoughts also to the CFS/RFS volunteers fighting the fires.

Lea

Thoughts will al the people involved. And utmost respect to all the Volunteer CFS firefighters. You guys put life and limb on the line to protect the public from the good of your heart!

Just hope they manage to catch the little $^$% who think it's ok to start these "small" fires, that then go on to reap devastation.

It really is devastating, seeing it on the news here in the U.K all the time. Thought's and prayers go out to everyone affected by these fires and just hope theres an end to it soon.

Just been watching it on the weather channel. It is something that you can't comprehend when they mention the scale of it all. The one thing thats going for them now is the wind direction should stay constant. Lets hope they get all the fires under control before someone else loses their home or worse.

Pete

It has been a very sobering couple of days particularly for us new expats who have never had to deal with such extremes of nature.

Earlier, my husband showed me aerial film footage of Marysville , which apart from the odd house has been pretty much wiped off the face of the earth. Absolutely obliterated. God bless the people affected and all who have perished...

Maybe we should all pray for rain over Victoria's worst affected areas...as they have been forecast only odd sprinklings in the short term?

:(

We have been watching and reading all the reports in the news. It is awful.

I hope you all keep safe over there and be careful.

Thinking of all in Australia

It annoys me people moan about a bit of snow here and cant go to work, when the situation over there is just horrific. We don't know how lucky we are at times.

It is something I will be more aware of now when we come over

Lisa x

I was really shocked to read this thread as I was completely unaware this was happening, it must have been on the news although I haven't seen anything. As with everyone else I commend the fire fighters and the general public who are trying to help in this awful situation, I hope this gets under control soon and people stop loosing their lives.

Guest Claireg

Was watching earlier reporters in one of the towns and they have had to report on one of their own missing, they have just been on and said they have found his and his wifes bodies. Its so sad for words, these people lives in ashes.

What goes through those sick people's minds when they start these fire's. I so hope they find the little F***ers and set them on fire.

Claire

Special thoughts for those who have perished in the fires in Victoria and for their families.

How awful.

Even though it's cooler here in SA ,still be careful.

Looks like some dry lightening is coming through.

Keep an eye on local incidents here.........

http://www.cfs.sa.gov.au/site/news_media/current_incidents.jsp

Yes indeed - it is constantly on the news here in NZ and the scenes are truly horrifying. The smoke is so bad it can be seen in the skies from South Island!. We have our own fires down the east coast too but not on that scale. Thoughts also with people in Adelaide living in the hills areas - yourself included Tyke - just dont take any chances. I guess when you've lived there a while you have good contingency plans in place but these things can spread so quickly its unbelievable.

Mariane and Cliff

As the day has gone on and we have been watching the news we actually feel sick. I can't stop thinking of them - and I think now it means more to us now we have a close connection with Australia in particular SA.

We can't comprehend what it must be like. We have also heard fires are near Adelaide - is this true? Please take care everyone

Lisa x

It's the top news story on all the channels here in the UK. It looks absolutely horrendous. It makes you realise how devastating these type of fires are. I see the ex channel 9 newsreader was killed too. Very sad.

Something to consider when you are buying property is whether it is in a high bush fire risk area. Trees don't pose the same danger here in the UK so it would be easy to overlook.

I have just been in tears watching this on Sky news - it's horrific, those poor poor people

Is it really true that the fire was started deliberately? Surely not!?!

Yes I'm afraid it appears to be the case with some of the fires...I too cannot understand the mentality of such people. It is terrible to think human beings can inflict such tragedy on others...and it seems they do it to get their portion of fame perhaps? Who knows, one things for sure, they are very very sick indeed. Let's hope they get caught and sent down for the long sentences given out for such disgusting crimes.

Devastating for all those poor families struggling to comprehend whats happened it's hard enough with all the natural disasters in this world without those heartless enough to cause this,our thoughts & prayers are with you all & our upmost respect for all those brave people helping fight these fires god bless :sad: