New addition to our family

Guest caoimhe

Guest caoimhe

Two years ago we had to get our dog put to sleep due to very ill health and I swore I would never have another as it's too painful but a few days ago I seen him and fell totally in love. He is a 9 week old King Charles Cavalier called Barney

He is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo beautiful.

We lost both of ours before we came out here - the oldest was 19 - I swore we'd never have another one. Lasted a whole 3 months til we made that trip to the dog shelter!

Best decision I 've ever made. Old cliche I know - better to have love and lost, than never loved at all.

Guest Martin and Val

Fantastic, a new Aussie addition to the family. He will give you a lot of happiness and pleasure of the coming years. Well done and enjoy the teething for the next few weeks.

You just have to take one look at him and you have to take him home with you don't you. :D

Martin and Val

Guest caoimhe

You just have to take one look at him and you have to take him home with you don't you. :D

Martin and Val

Yes, I walk pass the pet shops all the time, look at the dogs and think ahhh their lovely and walk on but when I saw him I literally fell in love, left it 2 days (to talk O/H around) and knew when he was still there he was for us.

Stephen who was adamant he wouldn't have another dog is constantly rolling around the floor playing with him:biglaugh:

Guest caoimhe
Ahhhh, he is like a little cuddly toy, just whilst on the subject of dogs, I have asked this before and can't find the answer anywhere although I know it did get answered, are there any dog beaches in Adelaide???

That's something I would love to know too

Guest Martin and Val

I thought they were allowed on any but I can't be certain. I know for sure we are allowed to take Megan on our beach at anytime but prior to 8pm she must be kept on a lead. We keep her on one anyway as she is not the most social of animals and doesn't like other dogs! She doesn't think she is one herself.

She didn't know what a beach was before we came here now she knows the word as much as Walkies and if she could hold a pen she could write it down as well I'm sure.:biglaugh:

Must be carefull she is readng this and gave me that look which says "Come on then, beach, now" :biglaugh:

Martin

Guest Martin and Val
Hi Martin, what breed of dog is Megan

She is a Border Collie, she was a stray who turned up on the door step about 5 years ago and she wasn't chipped and had no collar, After a while the Police said we could keep her. She must have gone through hell at the beginning of her life as she is so timid and scared of other animals that her instinct is to attack, with people she is fine and butter wouldn't melt in her mouth.

Martin

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Fancy a Beer

As far as we were aware they can go on any beaches there is just restrictions to letting them off the lead at certain times of the day which varies at what time of year it is!! I might have that totally wrong, sure the firing squad will shoot me down if I have, but we been abiding by these rules for a couple of years now and not got into tooo much trouble!! ;)