Another Bad Day

Guest ReadyPenny

Guest ReadyPenny

Hi Guys

For all those of you awaiting visas and house sales, please forgive me for this post. I feel totally and utterly miserable today and all of a sudden I DONT WANT TO GO. The shippers have been and packed our house up, which is now an echoing, empty shell, which feels very odd to say the least. In addition to this, we have had to take our dog of 13 years to my sisters (his new home), because we have moved into my sister in laws for the last two weeks and didnt want to upheave him twice.

We all feel totally rubbish and are distraught about the whole thing. Amber had her last day at school today and that too was extremely difficult for her and for us. I just feel that now everything is in place and we are set to go - I dont want to. All the time applying for the TRA, visas, organising removals etc things are too hectic to fully appreciate the enormity of the emotional side of things. We feel bad because we have effectively abandoned him and there is no getting away from that. I just keep telling myself that we are doing this for the benefit of our family, but he too was part of the family and is being left behind. We have two weeks to go before we have to do this with our parents and other family and friends. I am really not sure whether or not we will make that plane.

Sorry for the moan, but I needed it today. For all those awaiting visas and house sales, I hope it happens soon for you all.

Mandy

Guest turners

this is the hardest bit i found the last rew days really hard and it's normal to have doubts i was moving over here to be back with my family and still had doubts. The goodbyes are really hard and nothing can prepare you for how hard it is

I found even silly things set me off you'll have plenty of tears over the next few weeks but once your here and settled it's ALL worth it.

And people that matter will keep in touch and the people that don't(and that happens) aren't worth your tears.

good luck with it all and remember it will get easier

love dina

Guest Jen & Did

Hi Mandy,

Remember the reason why you are going and why your not taking your family dog to Adelaide. This is only because you have time to think and you are only human and do have feelings too.

Hope this helps.

Jen x

Hello Mandy,

Yes, it is very hard, but it would be wouldn't it? You can't just pack your entire life in and not feel a thing - that wouldn't be normal. Of course it must be difficult to leave your dog, but you know that he will be in good hands and looked after by trusted people. Kids will find it hard leaving their friends but as others' kids will tell you, they have all made lots of new friends here.

I left my kids and mum behind and I cried everyday for about three months, but I feel so much better now. Your kids will love Australia and you probably will too. If you don't, you can always go back. Australia doesn't have to be forever but it will be a great and enriching experience. Good luck with your remaining time in the UK and have a safe journey.

Guest the4hopes

We left our 2 cats with new owners, to make it feel better for me,I felt we were giving them a chance for a second life with a new family who they will grow to love just as much as us.As long as they are being fed and loved they will be happy. It is wonderful when you get here, loads to do,which will help take your mind off of things.There will be days you will think about your dog, but you have to carry on and love and appreciate what is here, there is so much to do and see.Also loads of people on here who will help you. Ikeas not far, that always helps me!!!

Enjoy the next few weeks,so you can look back with happiness.

See you soon,come and enjoy Australia

Laura xx

In my opinion this is the hardest time of all when emmigrating - I used to wake up feeling sick - wishing I had never started the process of leaving.

Once you get on that plane - you'll feel like a different person.

It will get easier.

You have so much to look forward to.

Nick

x

Yup, defo the hardest part. First time i'd even ever saw my older brother cry, so it must be just as hard for those staying behind. But it will get better, the lifestyle and everything out here makes it worth the heartache. Only tip i can give is don't let anyone see you off at the airport. We planned a quiet little departure, unfortunately others didn't want that, and about 30 people turned up to say bye. We almost never got on the plane!!! Tha wa really hard.

Hi Guys

For all those of you awaiting visas and house sales, please forgive me for this post. I feel totally and utterly miserable today and all of a sudden I DONT WANT TO GO. The shippers have been and packed our house up, which is now an echoing, empty shell, which feels very odd to say the least. In addition to this, we have had to take our dog of 13 years to my sisters (his new home), because we have moved into my sister in laws for the last two weeks and didnt want to upheave him twice.

We all feel totally rubbish and are distraught about the whole thing. Amber had her last day at school today and that too was extremely difficult for her and for us. I just feel that now everything is in place and we are set to go - I dont want to. All the time applying for the TRA, visas, organising removals etc things are too hectic to fully appreciate the enormity of the emotional side of things. We feel bad because we have effectively abandoned him and there is no getting away from that. I just keep telling myself that we are doing this for the benefit of our family, but he too was part of the family and is being left behind. We have two weeks to go before we have to do this with our parents and other family and friends. I am really not sure whether or not we will make that plane.

Sorry for the moan, but I needed it today. For all those awaiting visas and house sales, I hope it happens soon for you all.

Mandy

Mandy

I hope you come to the right decision. Your post nearly brought me to tears as im not long off the phone to my parents and I miss them and they miss us and I feel guilty for taking their precious grandchildren away from them - but our life is so much better and they have always been supportive and can see why we are here and our reasons for doing it. I must say I was sad to leave but never did I think 'I dont want to go' I knew I wanted to go but this is all our experience and I hope you come to make the right decisions for you and your families future happiness.

Good Luck

Sarah Jane

Guest ReadyPenny

Thank you all. I know you have all gone through this terrible time and it helps to know that it will get easier. I cant seem to shake off the feelings of guilt about leaving loved ones behind etc but I also feel guilty because we have been given this opportunity on a plate, we really have, and I know a lot of you have struggled to make it with no accommodation to go to, no jobs etc Everything is sewn up for us, so to speak, in Adelaide, jobs, a rental, someone to collect us from the airport etc, we were even granted our 175 in just 10 weeks. My head KNOWS that it would be extremely foolish to throw away this chance, as not everyone is lucky enough to be in our position, but my heart is saying something different.

I appreciate your support and I trust that,having "been there and done that" that you know what you are talking about. I hope that I am able to post kind messages like yours to other families in doubt in the coming months.

Mandy x

It is completely normal to have such emotions at this time, I remember them well and you have to expect to have them on and off even when you're here. The good news is that they pass and make way for great feelings too. Sit tight.

Hang in there...it will all come together and you'll soon be on the plane which will give you time to breathe after all the stress of recent weeks.

Good luck

Dette :)

Guest lastboyscout

We left our dog back in the UK too, he couldn`t cope with the heat in the UK so god help him here :(

I was talking to a woman the other day about him and just started crying in front of her :embarrassed: It still gets me now, but he`s with the in-laws and is really happy there .

Its for the best and he has a girlfriend at the outlaws too.................. :Randy-git:

This is exactly what happened to us in September.We booked flights,left 12 yr old doggy,our lovely Jet,with my sister,and my wife came home from one of her last shifts at the Hospital,screaming,shaking and crying"We are not going"Demanding i cancel the flights,saying its all too much,the lads dont want to come,things are not that bad here etc,etc.I really thought we were not going to come.Anyway weve been in Adelaide since September,and it gets easier as time goes by.Its perfectly normal to have last minute gitters.Dont worry,ill bet loads have been through the same as you.All the best,Billy and Sue.

This might make you feel a little better about Oz

An American decided to write a book about famous churches around the world.

So he bought a plane ticket and took a trip to Orlando, thinking that he would start by working his way across the USA from South to North.

On his first day he was inside a church taking photographs when he noticed a golden telephone mounted on the wall with a sign that read '$10,000 per call'.

The American, being intrigued, asked a priest who was strolling by what the telephone was used for.

The priest replied that it was a direct line to heaven and that for $10,000 you could talk to God.

The American thanked the priest and went along his way.

Next stop was in Atlanta. There, at a very large cathedral, he saw the same golden telephone with the same sign under it.

He wondered if this was the same kind of telephone he saw in Orlando and he asked a nearby nun what its purpose was.

She told him that it was a direct line to heaven and that for $10,000 he could talk to God.

'O.K., thank you,' said the American.

He then traveled all across America , Europe, England , Japan , New Zealand .

In every church he saw the same golden telephone with the same '$US10,000 per call' sign under it.

The American, decided to travel to Australia to see if Australians had the same phone.

He arrived in Australia and again, in the first church he entered, there was the same golden telephone, but this time the sign under it read '40 cents per call.'

The American was surprised so he asked the priest about the sign.

'Father, I've traveled all over the world and I've seen this same golden telephone in many churches. I'm told that it is a direct line to Heaven, but in all of them price was $10,000 per call. Why is it so cheap here?'

The priest smiled and answered,

'You're in Australia now, son - it's a local call'.!!!!

Guest cunnah10
Hi Guys

Mandy

Hi Mandy

Made me cry just reading your thread....i know "EXACTLY" what you are feeling..and it is really hard dealing with the emotional side of it all!

But wish you luck and hope you find happiness in Adelaide!

Gill

Guest guest569
Hi Mandy

Made me cry just reading your thread....i know "EXACTLY" what you are feeling..and it is really hard dealing with the emotional side of it all!

But wish you luck and hope you find happiness in Adelaide!

Gill

I thought you were so desperate to get here Gill you came before your visa was granted !!!!! Did you have secret doubts aswell ???? Sorry to see your going back so soon.:sad:

Guest happy feet

Hi Mandy Lovey,

Oh bless i do feel for you. As you know we have only been here just over week, and our feelings our still very up and down.... But we do feel better once you got on that plane,,The goodbyes and last few weeks seem to go on forever, and the emotions really get you down. But you have to focus on why we are doing this, we have had ups and downs since we got here, but deep down i know once we find a rental we will feel more settled. We went to our first barbis to-day and meet some people from PIA and had a great time, makes all the difference meeting people in the same boat, also meet dejango first week and some others from PIA and the are al great. We will be fine we will all help we as best we can, try don't to worry too much

look forward to meeting you

love

cara xxx

Hi Mandy

Just read your post and it has made me feel better, that it's not just me ! We leave tomorrow and words cannot explain how I feel right now. I feel sick and my stomach is in knots, I have said goodbye to my mum today and it was just awful. I have been crying on and off for the lst 3 days. If someone said I could stay here today, am serious I would stay ! I hope it does feel better once on the plane tomorrow or else God help me !

Take care and hopefully in a few months we will all be settled in Adelaide !

Jan X

Mandy can i just say thanks for sharing this with us, I was out with my mum and all our friends last night and just watching everybody having a great time being together made me randomly burst into tears and we are still 3months away. It's nice to read this and not feel alone and to see all the nice messages and advice from people who have already been through this process and come out the other side.

I'm hoping you'll be one of them reassuring me from 'the sunny side' when my doubts kick in.

Good luck

Guest brandyslad

This forum is great for making you realise you are not the only person feeling that way. I had a wobble last night too strangely enough and I could really relate to your post especially the dog bit. I will be heartbroken leaving our Boxer behind. He never leaves my side and I dread leaving him. The only consolation is my ones are taking him and they are very very good to him so I know he will be happy but I feel terrible abandoning him!

Guest ReadyPenny

Thanks Cara, I will look forward to it, I hope you are right about the plane x. Jan good luck for tomorrow hun. I am seriously hoping that I will feel better on the plane, I have cried all day today and my eyes are tired and sore. Not been back to the house to clean it yet, couldnt face it today, am having a complete rest from all the hassle and am sure I will feel the benefit tomorrow. I am looking forward to Adelaide and all it has to offer, as I said before compared to some of you, like you Cara, we have had it GIVEN to us and have hardly had to work for any of it. I am truly grateful for this opportunity and dont want to be a whinging pom. I have to moan on here for two reasons, one you all know how I feel and you also give me confidence that this will improve and two, I need to be strong for both my husband and daughter. Amber needs lots of support right now and as her parents, we need to give it to her.

Thanks for listening all and dont worry I wont be moaning about Adelaide when I get there. I have already been to check it out and love it ( maybe I will have just a little moan about the heat LOL)! See you all soon and thanks for the support.

Take care

Mandy x

Hey Mandy

It must be really hard when you are so nearly there and I can imagine it must be so hard but you have come this far and it will be worth it. You know how I have been waivering and you have been great help to me and kept me going.

My sister is moving to USA very soon and may or may not be able to take her dog ad horse - and I think it would break her heart leaving them behind but she knows she is going because it is something she really wants to do. She also would know they would be safe and in if I had Bilko (dog) we would love that. I am sure your dog will be well looked after and you'll have updates all the time.

I hope the next 2 weeks go okay and it wont be long before you are in a wonderful, sunny and by the sounds of it - a far more friendlier place than here! ;)

Lisa