I've arrived

Guest ems

Hi everyone.

As you can see from the title I've finally made it. Some of you are already aware but thought I'd better sit down and do a proper arrival thread.

From the moment i stepped out of the airport it felt great, when the heat hits you (after coming from freezing cold) it really makes you think you've done the right thing.

Don't get me wrong i know its not going to be easy, I've been here since Saturday i have already had things that have p***** me off, but that was nothing do with this country just cock ups from people back in the U.K (what a surprise).

Everyone is so friendly and have already had a day out at the beach on Sunday with Cara and family and Lisa and family. It was a great day and really does put things into perspective,this is the life i want to have for myself and Alicia and I'm sure once everything is sorted out we will be able to enjoy Adelaide to it's full extent without stressing about what needs to be done next. Not only have i had the great day out but for some reason woke up Monday morning slightly dehydrated and that wasn't from the sun (Thanks Cara it was a good night).

Alicia seems to really like it, although obviously missing her dad/family and other people but i think she will settle in well. Once she starts a school she will meet so many people although she has already found a great friend in Erin (Cara's daughter). They are having there first sleepover tonight so wish me luck lol.

Thanks again for everyones support over the last year, it's great to finally have made it and to everyone i need to get in touch with i will as soon as I'm a bit more sorted. It really makes a difference having people here you know you can turn to.

To everyone coming soon or even just starting the process good luck, it's well worth it.

Guest ReadyPenny

Hi Emma

At long last!!! LOL. Glad you seem to be settling and that your immediate reaction is that yes, you have done the right thing! The sun can make a big difference can't it? Everything seems a little bit better when it's sunny and warm.

Well this time in two weeks, we will be on the final leg of our journey, on the flight from Singapore to Adelaide. We will touch down on Tuesday 3 March at 9.10am. Hope to see you all shortly after that!

Take care

Mandy

Hi Emma

At long last!!! LOL. Glad you seem to be settling and that your immediate reaction is that yes, you have done the right thing! The sun can make a big difference can't it? Everything seems a little bit better when it's sunny and warm.

Well this time in two weeks, we will be on the final leg of our journey, on the flight from Singapore to Adelaide. We will touch down on Tuesday 3 March at 9.10am. Hope to see you all shortly after that!

Take care

Mandy

Hi Mandy.

I really did have good intentions when i said i would do it the other night, then the drinks were flowing nicely and a few turned into a few more lol.

The weather really is amazing, especially when you sat on the beaach.

Have a safe journey if we don't chat before hand and let us know when you here. If you need anythting just say.

Take care.xxx

Good to see you having such a happy cheery outlook. Do you know where you will be settling?

Hi Guys.

Not entirely sure yet but went to Glenelg today and loved it. Thankfully i will only need a 2 bedroom place so theres a few more of them around. Looking for a car tomorrow then i can start work on the house hunting.

Welcome home! Hope you love it here, meet you soon hopefully

Laura x

Hi Laura.

I love the welcome home bit, it felt really strange chatting to others and saying this is where we live. But its true now, can't believe it. I'm sure we will get to meet up soon. I

Hi Laura.

I love the welcome home bit, it felt really strange chatting to others and saying this is where we live. But its true now, can't believe it. I'm sure we will get to meet up soon. I

Hi Emma,

You will get lots of these 'I live here' moments. We still say this when we drive along the road between Christies and Noalunga beaches. As we go over the hill and see the coast with the reef and wonderful clean sand. Still feel very privilaged to live in a beautiful setting. Oh and the weather isn't too bad either is it? :biglaugh:

Pete

Thanku Denise

Time will start flying by for you soon and before you now it you will be down to you last few weeks. Make the most of this time with friends and family as it really is precious. Good luck with everything and let me know if you need anything when you get here. I should be a bit more settled by then lol.xx