Finally - we've booked flights!!!!!

Guest Lulujim

Guest Lulujim

At long last (well it certainly feels like that) we've booked flights! :jiggy:

Am so excited, feel like it's really happening now and the countdown really begins! :o

We're leaving on the 18th April and having a few days complete break in Singapore before landing in Adelaide on 24th!

We're staying at one of Judi's rentals for a couple of months until our container arrives and we've found an unfurnished rental etc.. (she has the patience of a saint while I've been trying to sort all of the dates out).

Hoping to meet up with lots of you soon - can't wait til there's a beach meet-up that we can come to as well!

Just off to make a Blue Peter style calendar to cross days off on! :biglaugh:

Alexis

Guest Dave & Carole

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Since seeing you on A place in the Sun - we've been following you - to see when you go. Oh my God, just realised I sound like a stalker! Not at all, just when you can put a face to a name it make sit seem more real.

Hope the coming weeks aren't too hectic in the lead up.

We are so envious - hope to meet you out there someday soon.

Carole

Guest dibdobs

Well done guys.

We have also booked our flights, we land in Adelaide on the 3rd of June. We are also staying in one of Judi's houses for 3 months until our stuff arrives. We should get together !

Deb x

Guest Lulujim

Thanks all - such a great feeling, even beats getting the visa as now it's actually happening!!! :)

Hi Deb, Yes - it's Berks, we should defo meet up! We're in Warfield. :D

Hi Carole, LOL!! :biglaugh: I know - it's nice to put a face to a name!

Thanks Jo & Steve!

How did you get on Rich???

Guest Martin and Val

Wow,

Good luck with the rest of the preparations, it will very soon be upon you as it's not long now!

Congratulations on finally getting it underway you deserve it as you've waited a long time now.

Val and I have likened the whole process to a Jig Saw Puzzle it takes a long time to put it together in the UK, you break it apart and very gradually you fit all the parts back together again in Australia but this time you know where the pieces go it's just a matter of waiting for them all to arrive.

Good luck and all the very best,

Martin and Val

Good luck to Rich, dibdobs and anybody else who are finalising their plans may all your plans begin to come together also.

Just off to make a Blue Peter style calendar to cross days off on! :biglaugh:

Alexis

We made a calender to cross off the days too. Jack and Sophie helped decorate it with all the things that we were doing before we left.

Great that you will be here soon, can't wait to meet up again soon.

Take care x x

If your calendar doesn't have sticky back plastic, a paper cup with a pencil pushed through the base and shed loads of blu tack I shall be most put out. :mad::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Glad to hear you are finally doing the do and joining us sunny side. Enjoy Singapore. It will help you get over the jet lag.

happy days

Pete

Guest Lisajonesey

Congratulations Alexis.. it's all happening, finally! we're so glad you've made it out there.. like some others we had saw you on a place in the sun.. and I just got very excited for you seeing you're flights are now booked!!!

I have made a blue peter calendar already!! - and I haven't even got my visa yet!!! there is a list of things a mile long, and I am far too organised for my own good! Hopefully we wont be too far behind you.. and we can get in on the beach party action too! :jiggy:

Lisa.xx

Count down is progressing! Bet James is so relieved now, tell him to start doing 9-5 , who cares. So glad you've done it, you need something good to look forward to after the last few weeks. Now you've just got to decide where to live!!!!!!!!!!!!! BLIMEY, you've already done North to South 5times! Where WILL you end up?

Guest Lulujim

Thanks for all the replies. We've now crossed off 2 more days since last post - yeh!! :jiggy:No sticky back plastic I'm afriad - but a lot of stampers and glitter!!! :biglaugh:

Looking forward to seeing you all down under! x