I should be doing work but

Guest Lisado

I just can't get motivated today. Dying to get home to see if police checks have arrived as when I called yesterday they man said they were on their way :jiggy:.

I am overlooking the Tyne Bridge (similar to Syndney Harbour!!!) and it is sunny and raining at the same time.

The library is dead, boss in meeting so I am on PIA :)

Anyone else out there feel like they are drifitng off .....

Lisa

Guest The Pickles

I'm counting the months until we leave... constantly checking PIA, Real Estate websites, even checking the Adelaide weather forecast. I'm in an office in Hammermith, London overlooking a car park and a block of flats... grey miserable day and then I have to endure the tube journey home. I'll get in the door gone 7pm, just as my little boy has finished his bath and I'll be able to read him his story and that's another day gone. I can't wait to get home from work at a reasonable time of the day and play on the beach for a bit!

Guest countdown1975

I know the feeling. I am up at 6am - on a train at 7 - travelling for an hour (on a good day) on the train to a job where I am bored out of my tree. I have no view (except for 3 rather fetching filing cabinets) and currently storage boxes for the auditors. Then hanging around for 40 mins (on a good day) for a train to get home at 6.30pm. Hubby has a 2hours commute each way and doean't get home until 7.45pm and then the joy starts all over again.

Guest vixpinkbabe

Hi Lisa,

I didn't realise you lived in Newcastle! I'm from Berwick upon Tweed, so not too far from you! :) Living in Milton Keynes now though, since 2007.

Did you get your police checks? You'll be amazed at how quick the medicals travel! I sent mine off yesterday afternoon and they were in America at lunch time and have left there to the next place!

Best of luck,

Vicky xxxxxx

Hi Vicky

No police checks as yet :arghh: Maybe tonight when I get home

Yes I am from Newcastle but lived inBirmingham for 12 years - loved it there

Berwick is nice - we drive passed a lot when going to Scotland

Lisa

Guest vixpinkbabe

Hi Lisa,

Don't worry, mine took 5 weeks! I think they forgot cos it was only when I emailed they said "it left our office today"... coincidence... not!

Don't worry about them, cos you still have your medicals etc so even if they come next week its ok? :) Was there a huge queue for medicals? I got mine within a few days :S Depends where u go I guess.

Mine were posted yesterday but have been mis-sorted and ended up in Louisville, Kentucky! Hopefully back on track now tho! Annoying! Cos it was like £60 to courier! Wish I could be couriered, alot cheaper than £700 to Aus!

Hope you get your police checks today :) xxxx

Vicky xxxx