The wife got a speeding ticket..............

Guest lastboyscout

Guest lastboyscout

doing 73 in a 60 zone :shocked:

Bit fast I know, but let me explain :swoon:

Her friend rang her complaining of stomach pains (shes 3 months pregnant- the friend that is lol) and she asked if my wife would take her to her mothers who lives about 10kms away, My wife fetches her and her other daughter out of kindy and races them both to her mothers, who would then take her to the hospital where she had an appointment with ante-natal anyway and she got copped (literally) with a hand held on the N.East road, she explained the situation to the officer, and he basically didn`t want to know:mad:

he proceeded to get his forms out and then realised he didn`t have any with him (bit strange , I know, its like a plumber going to work and not taking his tool bag :goofy:) He took some details and said he would post it out to her.

She rang me at work and I saw red by this time and finished up the job I was doing and proceeded to Holden Hill police station to complain and check to see whether this officer had a heart or he was just trying to boost the Police Piss Up Fund LOL

Well that got me absolutely nowhere, what an arrogant arsehole he was, but the funny thing about it was he looked like Roger De Courcey, I was dying to ask him where Nookie Bear was LMAO

So beware for radar guns in the N.East , especially if an ageing ventriloquist is pointing it at you LOL

Guest guest569

My wife drove past one of those sleeping policemen in a car yesterday and didn't realise until she saw the "thanks for the revenue sign !!!" She was doing 63 in a 50 so we'll compare fine stories in a few days when she gets one in the post.

WOMEN DRIVERS !!!!;)

Guest cornish Busdriver

LOL LOL dont speed unless willing to pay the fine and accept the de-merit points.

If you get caught then whos fault is that, dont blame the coppers, there just doing there job.

It happened to me too and I'd only been here a fortnight - two hundred dollar fine and no demerit points. I have been much more careful since then as it's just not worth it. Too many cops on too many hills here.

Guest ReadyPenny

What a bummer! To be honest, and am not moralising cos I am nowhere near perfect, I never speed here and therefore I would be extremely careful in any strange town/place, even in England. I just dont think for the few minutes you save it's worth the points on your licence and the rise in insurance premium.

I will be crawling along the streets at 15k while you lot are behind me beeping and make rude hand gestures for me to get out of the way!!!!! LOL

Guest Alipally

I heard on the radio this morning that we now have even more Police officers in SA as they 'passed out' yesterday

I have to say that I'm kind of ambivalent in regards to speeding.... I've spent a good deal of my driving life nursing points on my licence, despite the fact that I'm generally a law abiding non speeding member of the community. I, like many others, am guilty of lapses of concentration and as a consequence I creep above the speed limit, usually just at the time when a speed trap is aimed at me! Generally about once every 3 years! Which, considering that I drive around 15000 miles a year for business isn't too bad really.

Guest Blue Sky
My wife drove past one of those sleeping policemen in a car yesterday and didn't realise until she saw the "thanks for the revenue sign !!!" She was doing 63 in a 50 so we'll compare fine stories in a few days when she gets one in the post.

WOMEN DRIVERS !!!!;)

Just wanted to set everyone straight and let you know that the people who work the camera cars are NOT police. Police officers only use hand held radar guns for speeding offences and a traffic officer I know has only issued one in the past year!

Well it seems like a lot of us, my husband got caught doing 60 on South terrace the road across the bottom of the city on one of those traffic lights, its apparently 60 on the other roads around the city but 50 on the south road, but hubby never saw the sign for 50, no excuse for ignorance I suppose. $200 fine and 1 point on his licience and a wife that won't let him forget it, on the high side before he told me he did the washing up, hung out some washing for me and vacumed the living room, hehehe

Julie

Guest guest569
Just wanted to set everyone straight and let you know that the people who work the camera cars are NOT police. Police officers only use hand held radar guns for speeding offences and a traffic officer I know has only issued one in the past year!

well i'm too old to a policeman nowadays but their civillians i could be tempted to do this job. I don't think you would need any experience do you to drive to work and sleep in the back seat for a few hours letting the camera do the work and then off you go to another laybye and have another nanna nap.:biglaugh:

Guest Blue Sky
well i'm too old to a policeman nowadays but their civillians i could be tempted to do this job. I don't think you would need any experience do you to drive to work and sleep in the back seat for a few hours letting the camera do the work and then off you go to another laybye and have another nanna nap.:biglaugh:

Yes, they are civilians, and a pretty easy job all in all! They also often contravene regulations in regard to where they are positioned so it is worth checking out every fine you receive. I challenged one I got recently because they were too close to a change of speed sign and I eventually got off with a caution :D Also, all speed camera locations should be published daily in The Advertiser and on the SAPOL website so if you do get a fine check that they have actually stated that they were going to be at that precise location. They are banking (literally!) on people just coughing up as I know it is a hassle to challenge but it is worth it if it works in your favour.

Guest Alipally
There wouldn't have been a sign because the speed limit is only signposted if it is different from the 50 limit. If there are no signs the speed limit is always 50. A lot of people get caught out this way. I think it is 50 there because it is classed as residential with playgrounds, school, etc.

If you turn off the Anzac Highway to South Terrace there is a 50 limit sign there, but it's quite easy to miss... as most are, and there are No repeaters down the road which lulls you into a false sense of security!

just out of interest is it only my OH who's been copped by the random breathalizer stations :policeman:here????

He's been tested 3 times already.... he must fit the DD demographic! :biglaugh:

Ali x

Guest graandjac
LOL LOL dont speed unless willing to pay the fine and accept the de-merit points.

If you get caught then whos fault is that, dont blame the coppers, there just doing there job.

Have to agree with this one ......got done myself last week but no one to blame but myself

Guest Alipally

Well speak of speeding tickets and one appears! OH just got caught on the Southern Expressway... Same place as Claire.... Just in the 70 zone in 23 years of driving his first endorsement on his licence! :huh:

Thanks for telling us about the speed limit I didn't know if it wasn't sign-posted it's generally 50 I assumed it was 60, hubby is still really miffed though up to about five mins ago when I told him we have just had a cheque come through for all the stuff that has got broken on our container when it came over so fine payed and we still have enough to by several good bottle's of wine. sweeeeeeeeet.

Julie:wacko::jiggy:

Guest caoimhe

Normally I would agree with you, if your stupid enough to speed then you pay the price. But in Lee's wife case I think she had a good reason to be going a bit faster and the Cop was a miserable sod:policeman: