only a month to go! - any top tips!

Guest Twirly

Guest Twirly

So we are nearly on our way!

Our container goes nex week and our cats on the 9th! and the partying continues! I can hardly believe it! We leave on the 17th of July to start our new life! Phew!

It seem so fantastic and exciting ! and totally unreal at the moment!

I just wondered if thoes of you who are already there - do you have any top tips for us!

Twirly

Guest dglamoore

Our only top tip is to get into your new life asap - sort a rental, paperwork etc and try not to view it as a holiday :D Plenty of time to see touristy things in the summer!

We drove around the areas we had shortlisted in the uk then every morning logged into real estate and got on the phone to view rentals so we could get settled. Once we knew where we were going to be we sorted Dawn into Kindy then went about organising Medicare, TFN etc once we had our permamnent address :o

If there is anything you want help with just ask :)

Lisa:cool:

A top tip for whilst you are still in the U.K

Drink plenty of P.G Tips and eat lots of Cadbury Chocolate and SAVOUR the taste!!

Its just not the same here!!!!:mad:

(Don't worry, just having one of thoses days today.....I'll be right);)

Judi

Guest Kath_and_Ian

Believe me, it's flipping cold here at night! Everyone keeps telling me I must be used to it, but I'm used to central heating! Get yourself hot water bottles and/or electric blankets, and make sure your rental has good heating. Wood burners are great for heating the living areas, and you'll need them to be heated.

Twirly

Good luck with everything, we are off in August and the time seems to be flying...

Kath havent thought about the cold at night.... your right we brits are use to central heating after all I had mine on yesterday:eek: YES at the end of June it was cold in the UK and it is suppost to be summer....

Kimx:cool:

true chocolate is not the same in oz but how good are TIM TAMS???/ they are to die for cant wait to get there and eat some yum yum.

a night in Adelaide pack tim tams snuggled up on sofa with a blanket a milky coffee n a good girly DVD perfect. but seems im stil in Donny i guess i will just watch the rain poor again.