It's our 1 year anniversary!!

cormcvcr

Hi all,

just thought I would share this with you all.

We arrived from Scotland to Adelaide, 1 year ago today.

What a roller coaster journey, you think the hard work is done just trying to get the visa, but it doesn't begin until you arrive.

We secured a rental before we arrived, which we are still in. We've have a bumpy ride with regards to jobs and emotions within our family....but we wouldn't change it for the world.

There are so many helpful people on PIA, who will do everything they possibly can to help you or guide you in the right direction of other people who can.

Thank you so much to everybody that I have had the pleasure to meet and looking forward to finally meet the people I haven't.

Although we have been here a year, there really isn't enough time in the day to meet everybody you want to, so many apologies to those individuals/families, but we'll get it sorted out at some point, after all we've got a life time here now.

The kids have settled in absolutely fantastic, way beyond our wildest dreams. They have many good friends now and have joined every club known to man.

We have had three lots of visitors so far, the dietician (my boss), came with her husband in November, whilst they were on a tour of Australia, it was brilliant to see her, she is so lovely.

My parents arrived at the end of November for 1 month, lovely to see them, but lovely to see them go too. We didn't realise how much we had settled and did our own thing until we had visitors. I'm not being nasty regarding this, but we have our own lives now and trying to stay with people for longer than the couple of hours visiting that you would normally do is hard. Then a week after my parents left, my husbands mum arrived for three weeks.

The most amazing part of it was how upset they were to leave, it then made them realise why we came here in the first place, it's not nice seeing them upset, but it is a comfort too, for both parties to know that we did the right thing.

Well, that's as much as my brain function will allow at the moment, I haven't had my second cup of coffee yet.

PS, can I say a huge thank you to Sarah Smartiepants, Donna T, Judi McNee, Liz Monaghan, Libby, Rachel x 2, Tyke, Lynn, Nick, bob & yvonne, Fiona, Carol Ann, Julie, Karen, Susan, Susi, Natasha, Jackie, Nicole, Lydia....... Oh god I'm going numb again.....I can't think, sorry if I've missed you out, I've just that many people, who have had an impact on my life.

These people have made our life so much better, with their friendship and in general just being such lovely people....THANK YOU X

:notworthy:

Guest UzinOz

Awww, Cornelia that was good to read, although can't believe how quickly the year has gone.

Can i just add, it's not a coincedence (sp?) that your family have settled so easily to life here, you have put yourself out there and took part in lots of activities and made lots of friends and that has to be commended.

Well done guys, hope all your years in OZ are happy years!!

Jackie x

Guest rockpool crab

PS, can I say a huge thank you to Sarah Smartiepants, Donna T, Judi McNee, Liz Monaghan, Libby, Rachel x 2, Tyke, Lynn, Nick, bob & yvonne, Fiona, Carol Ann, Julie, Karen, Susan, Susi, Natasha, Jackie, Nicole, Lydia....... Oh god I'm going numb again.....I can't think, sorry if I've missed you out, I've just that many people, who have had an impact on my life.

These people have made our life so much better, with their friendship and in general just being such lovely people....THANK YOU X

:notworthy:

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww...shux...bit quite frankly it's defo me that should be THANKING YOU! ..lol You've been great Cornelia and so helped us to settle..don't know what I would have done without your support..and erm..the sofa bed!..lol.

Catch you later ...Carol Ann..x

PS....HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Guest weesp

Happy Anniversary. Congratulations to you and your family, we are so pleased that we have met you guys. I wish you even more fun, excitement and new adventures in the year to come!!!

Lynn xx

Guest Bakers

congratulations to you all wow has the year gone fast we have been here just over 4 months & im understanding the rollercoaster bit!! Got Mum & Dad arriving in April 1st visitors looking forward to that.

Heres to many more anniversarys for you take care x

Guest stufi1997

Cornelia, isn't it amazing that it's gone so quick....we're just behind yous, and sometimes I despair thinking we'll never "fit in" and other times feels like we've been here forever....here's to many more years and good times to come. We'll catch up soon I hope xx Fiona

Guest lippy

Well done on your first year!

Just seems like yesterday we met but it was over a year ago in a cold Livingston - a dim and distant memory!

Thanks for organising that initial meet - it enabled us to have some friends here in Adelaide in what was looking to be a remote and lonely place because even though Ian had a job to come to we still knew nobody here.

Good luck in your ventures both now and in the future and look forward to your 2nd year post!

Julie