2 years today

Guest donna T

Guest donna T

I can hardly believe it sometimes and now we have been here for 2 years.

It has gone so quickly really and I feel really blessed that we have all settled so well which I think is mainly due to finding some great friends who have gone through the journey with us. I can;t emphasis enough how much your life changes for the better when you fnd a group of people you can chat to, confide in, have fun with and trust, it takes a bit of time and a lot of effort initally, but is so worth it, so thank you (you know who you are)

We know we have been lucky in that Russ got a job straight away, the kids are young enough to settle really easily and that we found so many wonderfull people. We love Australia and have embraced Adelaide with all its shortcomings and foibles (sp?) The kids are happy, healthy and speak with an Aussie accent - what more could I ask the eldest has also embraced the surfer hairdo!

To all those thinking and stressing about coming over - give it a go. It is not the land of plenty, the streets are not paved with gold and missing people back in the UK can be really hard. However, what can beat coming home from work with the sun setting on the sea, knowing your kids are having fun on the beach and looking forward to a weekend with friends and family and a big glass of aussie red!

I can't wait for the next 2 years and especially can't wait to get PR and some money!!

Donna x

Guest Lulujim

Wow - 2 years already! You can give yourself a big pat on the back too as things don't just fall into your lap, and you must have worked hard to make things work so well for you and your family.

Here's to many more happy years! :jiggy:

Guest sarahsmartiepants

OMG 2 yrs Donna? Time flies when you are having fun! Congratulations and well done. You came with the right attitude and made it work:wubclub:

sarah

Wow, you beat me to it.....only 4 weeks for me to go, then I'll be joining you on the 2 week podium!

Its been a pleasure to share your journey hun. You have carved a fabulous lifestyle out here in Adelaide and you should really be proud with what you have acheived.

Big Hugs

Judi xxx

Guest Nick11

Congrats Donna,Russ,Izzy and Josh.

We are extremely proud to call you our friends.

I can't tell you how much your friendship means to us.

I've lost count of the laughs (and a few tew tears) we've shared together.

See you tomorrow for another boozy session!

Nick,Andrew,Meg and Ben and Sally dog

x

Guest graandjac

Wow, you beat me to it.....only 4 weeks for me to go, then I'll be joining you on the 2 week podium!:P thought you had been hear more than two weeks Judy....lol

Well done Donna and Russ hope the next two years are even better.

Guest caoimhe

Congrats guys on making it work. I look forward to being able to post the same thread myself in 21 months:biglaugh:

Hope the PR comes through quick for that family allowance to roll in

Guest Libby1971

Happy Anniversary to Donna, russ, Josh and Izzy

You are just the most amazing family, determined to make it work and everything positive in your lives is because of the great positivity and warmth that you put into everything.

Many congrats hun, see you tomorrow xx

Wow, you beat me to it.....only 4 weeks for me to go, then I'll be joining you on the 2 week podium!:P thought you had been hear more than two weeks Judy....lol

Well done Donna and Russ hope the next two years are even better.

:pSee what happens in pregnancy, my brain is turning to mush.......trust you to pick up on that one!!!

2 YEARS!!!! 2 YEARS!!! 2 YEARS!!!:P

• 2 weeks later...

Happy belated anniversay, I am seriously crap at getting onto the forums & yet I have always loved reading through the the threads before I came to Adelaide & now that I am here............anyway Donna, Russ, Josh & Izzy, what a beautiful, friendly family you are, you have certainly helped me stay positive through our journey, thank you for that. Roll on PR, you deserve it so much.........we all do LOL !! Take good care of yourselves & enjoy 'many' glasses of red (as I know you will do) xxx