The cove soccer club, nr hallett cove

cormcvcr

PLAYERS WANTED FOR UNDER 11'S

My OH is the coach of the Under 11's team at The Cove Soccer Club and is looking for another 2 players.

All clubs have already done their trials in October for the coming season including the cove, but we are looking for an additional 2 players, who have played at club level and have the ability to continue playing at this level or kids with a talent that could make the step up.

If you have recently arrived and missed out on the trials, please feel free to contact me with your childs details and we can give them a trial ourselves and if successful during this trial, become part of the team.

For your information:- the fees are $320 for the season, this includes registration to the FFSA (football federation of South Australia), Insurance, kit (including tracksuit top and name/number on the back of their shirt). Training takes place on a monday and a wednesday evening, with games being played on a Sunday.

The coaching your child will receive will be of high quality in a way that will develop the player to becoming a more confident and competent football player. The coach of this team (my OH) is also the South Australian State Team Assistant Coach, so a high calibre of training will be implemented.

PLAYERS WANTED FOR UNDER 8'S

We have also started an Under 8's team this year and are still on the look out for players.

If you feel your child has an interest in football and would want to be part of a team, then please contact me.

This is a great starting point for children, to ease themselves into club football. They will be shown the basics of training and how to play the game, have fun, exercise and make new friends too. Training will be held on a Thursday evening and games on a Sunday.

Fees are $195, this includes registration with the FFSA, Insurance, kit and tracksuit top.

All coaches within The Cove Soccer Club are qualified with the minimum of Junior Licences, they have an interest in football and also a passion for developing future players.

If you feel you have a child that would fall into either age group and have the ability and passion to play this much loved sport, then please PM me for details.

The season is due to start, so if you have an Under 11's player feel free to bring them along to The Cove Soccer Club Training ground, just off Lonsdale Road on Wednesday evening at 5.15pm and ask for Andy, who will let them take part in the training and be assessed for a possible place in the team.

Guest Django
All clubs have already done their trials in October for the coming season including the cove, but we are looking for an additional 2 players, who have played at club level and have the ability to continue playing at this level or kids with a talent that could make the step up.

Hi C

Sounds a bit too serious to me. Isn't kids football about having fun rather than 'making the cut' I was going to put mine into football here but this has put me off to be honest.

Trials, stepping up levels, etc:nah:

Pete

Guest caoimhe
Hi C

Sounds a bit too serious to me. Isn't kids football about having fun rather than 'making the cut' I was going to put mine into football here but this has put me off to be honest.

Trials, stepping up levels, etc:nah:

Pete

Hi Pete, mine have all joined soccer clubs but they didn't 'try out' or have to 'make the cut' or anything serious like that, we just registered them and they train once a week and will start playing matches soon. Think there is a differnce with 'federation' soccer. Look at a few other clubs in your area

Hi guys,

there is a difference when it comes to club football, most clubs that we know all have trials, this lets the coaches choose the players they think will be suitable for the kind of divisions and games they play.

Any time there are club trials 40/50 kids for each age level appear, this is too many, just to take whoever turns up to register their kids. At Noarlunga there were 60 kids turned up to trial for just one age group. There aren't enough coaches and time to cater for this amount of kids, as much as it would be great for all kids to play, it's just not possible due to the aforementioned limited number of coaches.

Some kids want to play football for the fun of it, but there are others who take it very seriously but do have fun too. Club football is an additional pathway to higher level football, ie. playing for the state etc.

School football is different, where all kids are given a chance to play and there is a more fun aspect to it, by the way it is organised, it is more like a gala day. Playing at the school gives the child a chance to find out if it is something they really enjoy and want to pursue it further by means of playing for a club, rather than doing it the other way around.

We both coach school football too and help develop the kids as much as we can, but with this there is limited resources as the schools have so many other things on the go. Hallett Cove East Primary School for example, do not run the football team, it is parents and coaches, the only thing that links them together is the name and the use of their park other than that the school takes nothing to do with it. Whereas club football is focused entirely on football and nothing else, so there is a more serious aspect to it. It's all about developing the child to become a better footballer if that is what they want to do.

As Jac says there are clubs out there that cater for the kind of sport you want your kids to play and the level they are most comfortable in.

There is no point a child being within a level of sport that they feel uncomfortable in, it's all about developing them to the best that they can be but not putting too much pressure on them that they start to hate it. Some kids are happy not playing club, but there are others who only want to play for a club.

Anyway, anybody interested in bringing their kids?

There will be no trials for U8's as this is a starter team for them to get a taste of club football, to see if it's something both they and the parents want to be involved in.

Guest parko

Hi, we are looking at coming over to South Australia towards the end of this year beginning of next. We have three boys two that are currently in teams they are aged 13 (Sean) and 10 (Harry) and play for the Under 13s and Under 10's. Our other son Jack who is 11 has just stopped playing as his team has folded. The older boy Sean plays a high standard of football playing in two different leagues, one of a Saturday and one on a Sunday. He trains for these teams on a Thursday and Friday evening. He also plays for the school team, which is taken very seriously over here, he has played for the local Borough and the reps team for his age group.

Can you please advise me how I would go about finding a team for him along with his 2 brothers, we are looking to live around the Mount Barker area and travellling would not be a problem. They currently play for Under 13s, Under 12's and Under 10's.

Thanking you in anticipation

Dean

Hi there,

there are clubs all over south australia and obviously school teams too.

There is an Adelaide Hills League, there is the South league and the North, so I think you would have your choice of clubs.

Whatever one you choose, there will be travel involved anyway with away games.

You can also do a google search for junior soccer clubs in Mount Barker that way it will give you a list of all the ones available, there are quite a few, it comes down to personal choice of the club you choose and location. It makes it easier if the club you choose is close to home, especially for the training nights.

Hope this helps, let me know if you need any more information, I can find it out for you, or someone else may know.

Cx

Hi there,

No further names are being taken for the U11's at this time due to the response I have had through PM's.

We have enough for an under 8's team at the moment too, but can still take more kids and have a few teams if there are any other kids interested. As this is all development.

But there are also 2 qualified coaches for one team, hence the reason we can have another and give the kids regular small sided games practice within their training sessions, to help their confidence grow when they play against other clubs.

Contact me if you are interested, training will be on a wednesday evening at 6pm starting on the 18th March.

Guest bennyboyuk

I'm coming out in a couple of months - got anything you know of for unfit adults (28) looking to burn off the excess and regain some of their teenage glory???

Hi there,

there is a PIA football team, who play on a wednesday night I think.

The cove soccer club to have adult teams, but they are now gearing toward professional status.

I'll ask when I am back up at the club to see if there is anything else that they have on the go.

Failing that there are plenty of people around that I know of that get together on a regular basis and have a kick about.

I'll keep you posted.

Hi there,

Just wanted to say a big thanks for the first of many training nights. Calum had an absolute ball and loved every minute of it, even if he is a bit rusty after not playing for 2 years. Cant wait till next week. And a big big thanks for all the hard work and effort you have put in to getting things up and running.

Hi there,

Just wanted to say a big thanks for the first of many training nights. Calum had an absolute ball and loved every minute of it, even if he is a bit rusty after not playing for 2 years. Cant wait till next week. And a big big thanks for all the hard work and effort you have put in to getting things up and running.

Hi Shaun,

can I just say THANK YOU, without the kids wanting to be involved we wouldn't be able to do any of this.

The main thing is for the kids to get involved and enjoy the training and games. Once they progress into older age groups then it gets a bit more competative with scores being documented and harder training etc.

But well done to all the kids and parents who took the time out to come and give it a try and see what we had to offer.

Also to Gary x 2 and Jackie (uzinoz) who took their time out to coach and manage the kids, without people like them there would be no team.

I'm glad to say I can now take a step back as the teams and background work have been set up.

Guest hopefull
I'm coming out in a couple of months - got anything you know of for unfit adults (28) looking to burn off the excess and regain some of their teenage glory???

Hi, my son plays in a 5 a side league on a Wednesday in Seaford. At 17, he's the youngest in the team but the age group ranges between 20 - 35. He managed to join the team at the tail end of the season which finished last week ( they won the league). :notworthy:The new season starts almost right away so you will have plenty of time to get yourself set uo with them when you come over if you're staying down this way. I'm sure you'll be made just as welcome as he has been.