Numbers of uk immigrants

Guest redfoxy

Guest redfoxy

We heard that the Oz Government is planning to slash the immigration numbers by at least 66 % to safegaurd all our jobs and help provide more financial security for the country. As anyone else heard the same ??

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tooeasy

dont know how it will affect the ones going thro the visa process now but i know a man who was on a state sposered visa and applied for his residency after the 2 years and got turned down he was gutted bought a house and is really settled his company is now sponering him as they did not want to loose him

Guest caoimhe
dont know how it will affect the ones going thro the visa process now but i know a man who was on a state sposered visa and applied for his residency after the 2 years and got turned down he was gutted bought a house and is really settled his company is now sponering him as they did not want to loose him

Do they give a reason if they turn you down??

You have me really worried now:unsure:

Guest redfoxy
Do they give a reason if they turn you down??

You have me really worried now:unsure:

I reckon its new applicants they will reduce not those here on a provisional visa like 495's .etc

Guest wemadeit

My understanding is that if you are already here, it won't affect you. That said, we have heard of people being rejected after 2yrs and this worries us too - as we are on temp visa and have only been here 5 months! Anyone actually know anyone whose been rejected and why??

Guest tooeasy

the man i was working with when he asked why he had been rejected diac said they did not have to give a reason they just refused he apealed and got nowhere so thats when his company said they wouls sponser him

If it was for the 495/475 visa, the only way that you could get rejected was because they did not meet the required criteria eg. working 35 hours for a year and living in Regional Australia for two years – with proof of both these. If they were rejected and they had fulfilled this then that would be not right. How can you bring people to Australia, give up their lives and spend their savings. It would be breaking some kind of law, I can’t see this happening! At least I hope not. I don’t want to waste two/three years of my life!

Guest tooeasy

he had worked in adelaide for 2 years and only had 4 weeks holiday even then he did not leave south australia and he was working min 40 hrs a week and still got refused

Guest Kazzarazza

Just my thoughts here but the only reasons I can possibly think of is that a) they weren't employed in a job on the SOL or b) are you sure it was a 475 and not a 457? A lot of people mix these up - even some agents. 475 is a recognised pathway to permanent residency AS LONG AS YOU MEET THE CONDITIONS - 457 is temporary only and lots of other hurdles have to be jumped before you can think about PR from this. As for not being able to appeal - that is not true. There is more than one avenue of appeal open to any applicant - right up to the minister if need be - but you have to be sure you have met the conditions of your original visa.

Cheers.

Guest tooeasy

well he told me it was a state sponsered visa didnt say what number it was and as long as he was employed for a number of hours for the 2 years which he has been for the whole 2 years he should get residency his agent said it must be because they are cutting back on the residency and is always a risk on a temporary state sponsered visa he is just hoping the recesion is over by the time he applies again for residency

Guest wemadeit

On the 495 Visa you must live in South Australia (or any other low population area on there website: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/regional-growth.htm - as I found out last week!!) and work full time for a min of 35hrs a week - either in 1 job or a max of 2 part time jobs!

Given the instances of PR rejections I have emailed SA Immigration tonight and I will pop-in to Currie street next week to verify - as we are 5 months in to a 495 visa and don't want any hassle in 2yrs time - will keep you posted!

Guest caoimhe
On the 495 Visa you must live in South Australia (or any other low population area on there website: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/regional-growth.htm - as I found out last week!!) and work full time for a min of 35hrs a week - either in 1 job or a max of 2 part time jobs!

Given the instances of PR rejections I have emailed SA Immigration tonight and I will pop-in to Currie street next week to verify - as we are 5 months in to a 495 visa and don't want any hassle in 2yrs time - will keep you posted!

Please keep us up dated, we are only here 3 months and have sold our home and everything in the UK so it is very worrying to be told that after 2 years they could say NAH I don't think we'll let you stay even though you fulfill the required criteria. We are on a 496

Wow, this thread worries me, I was also of the understanding that if you fulfill the requirements of the state sponsored visa then you can gain PR quite easily. That would be just awful if it got turned down after starting a new life here. INterested in other answers to this particular question.

Guest Devon

495 is the pits imo.

We have lived here 3 years - the whole time in SA - OH has worked over two years full time - applied for pr last year - got a letter telling us that they are about to make a decision and a warning that if they reject we have 28 days to leave OZ as our bridging visa had already kicked in! - someone had told me to post on here ;) - wasn't going to as didn't want to worry people - thought I would now that I know it has happened to others as well! - will post properly when we get it in writing as it could be that they say yes?!?! - we are leaving anyway - seems that they don't have to give a reason was the answer given when I asked why they could reject us as they even agreed we had met all of the criteria for applying for pr:wacko:

OOps I keep hitting save before I've finished!!! Maybe it's luck of the draw? Or could it also be not only the current climate but more rejections since 887's dealt with by BSPC instead of ASPC????!!!!!

Guest caoimhe
495 is the pits imo.

We have lived here 3 years - the whole time in SA - OH has worked over two years full time - applied for pr last year - got a letter telling us that they are about to make a decision and a warning that if they reject we have 28 days to leave OZ as our bridging visa had already kicked in! - someone had told me to post on here ;) - wasn't going to as didn't want to worry people - thought I would now that I know it has happened to others as well! - will post properly when we get it in writing as it could be that they say yes?!?! - we are leaving anyway - seems that they don't have to give a reason was the answer given when I asked why they could reject us as they even agreed we had met all of the criteria for applying for pr:wacko:

OOps I keep hitting save before I've finished!!! Maybe it's luck of the draw? Or could it also be not only the current climate but more rejections since 887's dealt with by BSPC instead of ASPC????!!!!!

:shocked:OMG I'm worried sick now

Guest Devon
:shocked:OMG I'm worried sick now

Don't worry yet - you're still a way off and things change constantly here as you know. This was the reason I didn't put it on when we first found out as didn't want to worry people for nothing. Only put it on as there are other cases now as well. You are here now make the most of it and have fun! The climate etc should become more steady by the time you apply. I think people should think carefully though and do more research before coming in on a temp visa (even though we did loads)!!!!

Remember they haven't exactly said no yet! Although think it's terrible they in that case would worry people for nothing! We aren't exactly worried as had made the decision to go back anyway.

I wish you the very best and promise to let you know when we do get the final answer.

Guest kangomik

To think it was only 7 months ago that they were going to double the amount of migrants allowed in the country because they were going to structure for the future!

The writing has been on the wall for a couple of months, temp residents not meeting all the demands have been sent back lately. I think the news showed a case of a hair dresser who lost her job, 28 days and back off to blighty.

it's worrying when you purchase land and/or property. I am surprised at how long it has taken some people in power to tell Aussies just what condition the country is in, and will be in, in several months time.

The taps are being turned off, and only time will tell when they are re-opened.

Sorry for the doom and gloom as it does not really help the OP, but the news does not surprise me at all.

Guest Dave & Carole

Ok - now I've gone from frustrated to worried. I spend a few moments each day picking myself up after lack of email telling me whether we have a visa or not. Now I'm thinking that after all this time if we get it - it is an enormous risk if we then have to come back again. We are awaiting our 475 so, like others, just assumed if we could get work & fulfill visa requirments we'd get permanent reisdency. I'm now thinking will we get our visa?

I guess if we do get our visa, the economic climate could change massively by the time we are applying for PR. Will quick an eye on peoples results on here.