Clocks going back

Guest Martin and Val

Guest Martin and Val

Just got this email forwarded from Val's IT department and thought I would post the info here for all to see. Just in case anybody was wondering:

"Please be advised that clocks go back 1 hour at 3am Sunday 5th April 2009.

The later date is part of an ongoing trial (instead of the usual last Sunday in March).

Microsoft have provided software patches to facilitate this process.

Due to the “exception” date, there is always the possibility of computer times not rolling over correctly on the 30th March and 5th April.

You may wish to ensure times are correct on your work and home computers, with particular attention being paid to calendar items, recurring appointment items and Mobile phone/PDA devices where applicable.

It is a good idea to include the time in the subject line of Outlook meeting requests and appointments for easy reference."

Further info at:

http://www.safework.sa.gov.au/show_page.jsp?id=2675

Hope this is of use. Cheers

Martin

Guest Tracijbc

...good post!! Also, if you call the UK don't forget they go forward an hour on 29th March, so we become 9.5 hours ahead that weekend, and then when we change in April, we go back to 8.5 hours ahead.....who can keep up???? :goofy:

T xxx

I'm meeting a friend at the airport Sunday 5th April, I hope this is accounted for in arrival time!!?

I would check, I used to work at Heathrow and I know that when the clocks went back to GMT it used to be an issue as the early flights which arrive in from Australia/Asia first thing in the morning arrived at 4am (what would have been BST) instead of 5am (GMT) whereas our outbound flights from LHR were departing at the correct local time so we had hordes of exhausted travellers having to wait an extra hour for their connections.

Noooooo I love our winter. Tucked up in bed with a good book, when it's chucking down outside. The leaves on the ground. The smell of wood smoke out in the street at night. you can bring out those soup and casserole recipes and roasts and enjoy them.

The new season requires a wardrobe revamp. It's still sunny or dry enough to hang the washing outside. AND when Spring comes you really appreciate the almond blossom and the new leaves unfurling and the roses and the warmth in the air again and it is only 3-4 months anyway. Its why I wouldn't live in QLD. I like the season changes.

Guest Libby1971

If we are discussing seasonal changes and preferences, mine are for summer evenings with good wine (anythings good after the first bottle!) and lovely friends; winter evenings with a good book, log fire, beef stew (yum yum yum) and dumplings; and all spring and autumn - not too hot, not too cold, lots of colour, nature at its best.

As for the clocks changing, I know it will be a bit easier to get hold of my sister, and as for sleep, hopefully it means I get more of it!!!!:SLEEP:

Libby

Guest Martin and Val
Oh and I hope I'm not working a late followed by an early shift! 1 hour less sleep. Great if you are on nights though and at 2am it suddenly becomes 3 am. :biglaugh:

Hi Rachel,

They are going backwards one hour so you will get an extra hour in bed! 2am will become 1am.

So do you now hope you are working a late followed by an early?:huh:

• 3 weeks later...

Talking about change in seasons the grass in the garden is starting to get a bit long I've been cutting it once a fortnight with a stupid strimmer but it kills my back and I get hubby to lift up the trampoline to strim under that as well but the other week he almost dropped it on my head, so do you know where I can pick up a cheap flymo something I can reach under the trampoline without having to pick up the stupid thing. Been looking in Bunnings and they are $200. Ouch....

Julie