Happy st patricks day

Les

:chatterbox:HI and Happy St Patricks Day to anyone with Irish connections (which is probably about 95% of you) Im Irish living in Scotland for 5 years now married to a Scotsman with Irish roots! Hence Donnelly as my surname. Anyway Im sitting here with an Irish coffee for my breakfast wearing my Green "Lush of the Irish" T shirt and supporting Green Sparkly Deedle Boppers in the shape of shamrocks on my head. Listening to the dubliners at full blast. My Long suffering OH is looking at me bemused and thinking 'Is it that time of year again?'! Dear knows what the neighbours are thinking.

Anyway just want to say to all of you who have made it down under to enjoy yourselves tomorrow and dont forget to wear something Green and have a drink (or 3 )wideeyed.gif

PS hope you can get Magners in Adelaide or at least a good Guiness!

Happy belated (well it is still St. Paddy's day somewhere in the world actually). I made a choc stout cake with green cream cheese frosting to celebrate, and went out for a quick pint after work. Bulmer's is increasingly found on tap here in Adelaide, which is nice, and you can get a really good pint of Guinnes up at the Fox n Firkin in Tea Tree Gully...unfortunately they are closed on Tuesday so yesterday was a no go for a St. Paddy's day pint there and we had to cross the road to the TTG Hotel. A few peeps in green about town yesterday....

Just to let you all know I have finally managed to get out of bed (its 1.37pm!) St Pats Day was well and truly celebrated. Then when my friend Martin said this could be the last St paddys Day we have together it really hit me what we would be giving up. I would be giving up all those weddings, birthday parties, babies being born etc. and all the christmas easter holidays etc. And anyway he said this was a good excuse to take 6 weeks off next year and visit singapore and OZ. But not all my friends could do this. However lying in bed nursing my hangover I realised that there will still be all those things just with new friends in Oz. And what with skype and the internet and email we can still stay in touch So no more tears. Im off to take 2 headache tablets and go and read my stuff on Adelaide!