Actors agent?

Guest alan smallman

Guest alan smallman

Hi

Coming out in April. Sold cars. Plane tickets booked and paid for (through our eldest lad John - Leeds branch of Tho Cook - got a good deal!), only 3 shifts left to work. Have a leaving do booked. Weather is miserable and still cold. Even have a tenant for the house. Everyone is so positive for us. I feel like I'm grieving and I don't know why. The future for me at work here hasn't got any better - I hate nights (money's good and that's about it) and by doing nights I stay out of all the c**p that days bring. Why am i writing all this?? I guess because now that everything is in place to go............I'm panicking!! :unsure: I know we're not not gonna go - It's just that I want to get it over with and get over there so I can remind myself how great the place (Adelaide) is like and why we decided to go in the first place. Sorry all, I just wanted to get it off my chest that's all. :arghh: It's too late to be unsure.

Anyway, ..............phew! That's better. On a lighter note I meant to ask if anyone out there knows of any reputable professional theatrical agents with whom we can make contact. Our son James is a professional actor/singer looking for an agent. He's in the professionals handbook here in the Uk (known as 'Spotlight') and he has a showreel. So if anybody does know of anyone who is either in the 'Biz' or an agent, please let us know, as your help (as always) would be gratefully appreciated!!

Looking forward to perhaps meeting some of you 'over there' when we get settled.

:)Cheers

Al

PS

May be worth giving our lad John a ring at TC in Leeds for a quote on ticket prices if you're at that stage in your planning. Just a thought!!

Hi again Alan,

I've only got 3 shifts left too and I'm sorting all the leaving do's, not yet booked flights but are aiming for mid April, waiting for the darn solicitors to hurry up with our fixed rate mortgage and don't want to jinx it by booking it till it's all sorted.

Don't worry it's still fab out there, my friend is constantly texting and e'mailing me to tell me!!!

Sarah and Matt

Hi

Coming out in April. Sold cars. Plane tickets booked and paid for (through our eldest lad John - Leeds branch of Tho Cook - got a good deal!), only 3 shifts left to work. Have a leaving do booked. Weather is miserable and still cold. Even have a tenant for the house. Everyone is so positive for us. I feel like I'm grieving and I don't know why. The future for me at work here hasn't got any better - I hate nights (money's good and that's about it) and by doing nights I stay out of all the c**p that days bring. Why am i writing all this?? I guess because now that everything is in place to go............I'm panicking!! :unsure: I know we're not not gonna go - It's just that I want to get it over with and get over there so I can remind myself how great the place (Adelaide) is like and why we decided to go in the first place. Sorry all, I just wanted to get it off my chest that's all. :arghh: It's too late to be unsure.

Anyway, ..............phew! That's better. On a lighter note I meant to ask if anyone out there knows of any reputable professional theatrical agents with whom we can make contact. Our son James is a professional actor/singer looking for an agent. He's in the professionals handbook here in the Uk (known as 'Spotlight') and he has a showreel. So if anybody does know of anyone who is either in the 'Biz' or an agent, please let us know, as your help (as always) would be gratefully appreciated!!

Looking forward to perhaps meeting some of you 'over there' when we get settled.

:)Cheers

Al

PS

May be worth giving our lad John a ring at TC in Leeds for a quote on ticket prices if you're at that stage in your planning. Just a thought!!

by this i can gather your a nurse :biglaugh:. Not sure about the agent thing try here http://www.rehearsalroom.com/workingactor/actorsagents.html

Guest alan smallman

Hi Both

Thanks for the encouragement, and good luck with the mortgage. Been there, done that one!! Had someone look at the hoouse the other day. No chain. Told him he would have let me know in next two days as we can't afford to be messing about. We had a tenant but the sill b****r of a letting agent told her we were having a viewing depite my asking her not to!! Now the prospective tenant has found somewhere else to rent so we're back to square one.:arghh:

Good luck with evrything. who knows. We may meet up over there!!

Cheers

Al;)

Guest alan smallman

Yep Clare.................'fraid I am for my sins. Hope it's going to be better over there than over here. I've had enough of the vampire life!!! Thanks for the info anyway!!

Cheers

Al