Best supermarket in Adelaide

Diane

Well, how sad am I, with the things that excite me these days! But I have to tell you all about the St Agnes Coles which has just been refurbished and is now truly one of the best supermarkets I have been in since arriving here in Adelaide nearly five years ago! It even - oh, be still my beating heart - has a "ready made" sandwiches fridge, and a wonderful fresh fish counter (excellent prices too, even compared to the Fish Factory on GJR) and the new fruit and veg section - everything laid out on ice - is a real picture. If they can just start making takeaway chicken caesar wraps, just like the ones that Tesco does....

Best of all, there are lots of labels identifying anything that comes from SA so you can choose where your retail dollar goes to with a bit more reliablity.

A new Foodland is being built just up the road at Fairview Park so I guess this is to compete with that - all they need to make my life complete is an instore cafe selling cooked breakfasts and The Daily Mail....

Sad, but true!

D

Guest turners

Here! here! isn't it lovely I spent most of the morning wondering around in amazment on thursday and then when I had paid for my shop I'd won a $50 gift card for being one of the first to spend a $100 so I was well impressed Just need a curry bar and I will be extatic

Guest Rob and Clare

Whilst it is sad to comment about a supermarket, it is fab... Just spent a fortune there and it's laid out so well, can't wait to go back and try all the BBQ food, there was loads of choice. Wished I lived nearer to get a sandwich for work, they did look great..

Great tip D.

Guest marty
Well, how sad am I, with the things that excite me these days! But I have to tell you all about the St Agnes Coles which has just been refurbished and is now truly one of the best supermarkets I have been in since arriving here in Adelaide nearly five years ago! It even - oh, be still my beating heart - has a "ready made" sandwiches fridge, and a wonderful fresh fish counter (excellent prices too, even compared to the Fish Factory on GJR) and the new fruit and veg section - everything laid out on ice - is a real picture. If they can just start making takeaway chicken caesar wraps, just like the ones that Tesco does....

Best of all, there are lots of labels identifying anything that comes from SA so you can choose where your retail dollar goes to with a bit more reliablity.

A new Foodland is being built just up the road at Fairview Park so I guess this is to compete with that - all they need to make my life complete is an instore cafe selling cooked breakfasts and The Daily Mail....

Sad, but true!

D

Shame Derancourt will still be a bad store, went there last night twice the space half the stock

Yes it's strange Marty - when I saw what they'd done with St Agnes I was surprised they hadn't taken the chance to do the same at Dernancourt while they were doing it up. Perhaps it's just because it doesn't have any very local competition, and St Agnes will have a huge Foodland just a few minutes up the road soon? Missed opportunity, though

Mind you, Dernancourt does have some very nice people stacking their shelves :).....

Guest Fancy a Beer

I had my first trip there today, thought it was fantastic, came home with a smile on my face most unusual after a food shop here in Adelaide!! Raved about how like Tescos it now is to the husband think he thought I had been drinking!! If only they would sell drink in supermarkets would be great!! e the fruit bar and all the other little bits!!

All they need now is a nice coffee shop that sells those Chocolate Croissants they sell so we can all meet up for a nice cuppa and a chat and then a food shop!! :)

Guest Fancy a Beer
the little coffee place in the middle there is great and they do lovely cake If I lose weight @ weight watcher might treat myself:jiggy:

Dont Weight Watchers allow you a small slice of cake..........:err:

Well if you are in need of a partner in crime just shout, cant ever say no to cake and a chat!

St Agnes is one of 3 trial stores in australia. Theres 1 in Cairns and another in Nsw i believe,. This is the new look of Coles. All stores will eventually be upgraded.

I read the other day that all the entrances to stores have or will be changed. They will be getting rid of the turnstiles/barriers in the stores to make the entrances more open and inviting.

Smit