New aldi ?

Guest redfoxy

Guest Guest75
Think I heard that there might be a new one opening up at Mount Barker...

Surely it should open down south here where the poor people are:biglaugh::biglaugh:

They also have them in Queensland.

I heard that Coles and Foodland won't let them in, every time that they hear any rumours of possible sites they go and pay the existing companies a visit and make a negotiation to pay their rent, that way they don't have any other competition.

Guest redfoxy
Well that's good of Coles to negotiate to pay peoples rent so poor people wont move into the area....:biglaugh: That mustve happened round where I live cos we have about 5 coles within 2kms radius and 3 foodlands.

Dont get me wrong I love it here in adelaide !!

But I think food and drink is expensive !! with all the shops there is not much completion, so someone somewhere is making a lot of money out fo south australia !!

Guest Tracijbc
There is also not the large population that you have in the UK either nor is there a large landmass like Europe just next door. Therefore not the turnover for more than just a few companies to survive.

Thank goodness for that eh? Stops evil Wal-Mart moving in and killing all the great smaller shops we have here. So nice to see a high street with a variety of stores selling different things rather than the same stuff everywhere you go. Not that there aren't chainstores here, of course there are, but at least we DO get some choice AND we get Central Market, hurrah!! Enjoy the change.....;)

T x