Email arrived!!!

Hayshake

I am pleased to report that we have today had an email which looks as if our VISA is about to be granted once we have paid the necessary fee. Yippee.

We have been told that payment is required by 26th July and that we must make an initial entry to Australia by 6th November 2007.

Now the panic sets in, as I can't think that we can sell a house and get everything in order to go permanently by then, so I guess we will have to make a short visit to make our Initial entry.

My wife is all of a tither and can't stop talking & planning, but I guess we will make it in the end.

Guest ralph n bev

Congratulations Hayshake,

Eeeeek!!

Id be just like your wife, my stomach churns when ever anyone posts that they've got their visa, so god knows what i'll be like when we get our own.

Is your house up for sale yet?

Ours isn't , we think were putting ours up after the reccie in September, our application is lodged and were waiting for a case officer and to do the police and meds, what sort of time scale did you have from sending the visa to Oz?

Bev:)

WE have been waiting since our application in June 2006, and were unsure if we would get a VISA due to possible health problems.

We actually were advised that we had a case officer about 3 weeks ago, and had already got our medicals & police checks completed waiting for the case officer.

No the house is'nt on the market as yet, but I now have an agent coming next week.

I would also point out that our VISA is a parent contributory as we have a son and family in Aus, so can't wait to join them after numerous short visits.

Guest Denise 42

Hi glad for you, can you say how long it took from when you sent medicals. I have sent medicals and been waiting about 2 weeks so far

thanks Denise